Brazil e-visas now available using on-line application

Shoalwater

Citizens of Australia, Japan, USA and Canada (but not residents) can now apply for their Brazil e-Visa on-line at the web site link below. It's valid for 2 years from issue, allows a 90 day stay, and does not use a physical page to stamp in your passport. It "appears" that the cost is $40 plus about $5 in processing fees. This could be a large cost savings for most travelers.

From the FAQ page:

1. What is the procedure to apply for a Brazil visa online?
    To apply for a Brazil visa online you must have a valid machine readable passport. You can start the application process
    • Click On www.vfsglobal.com/Brazil-eVisa/
    • Applicants need to register
    • Complete Visa Application Form
    • Upload mandatory document
    • Answer set of questions asked during the visa application process
    • Make online payment.

After your application is complete, we will contact you within an average of 5 working days with the results of your visa application.

Citizens of Australia, Japan, USA and Canada (but not residents) can now apply for their Brazil e-Visa on-line at the web site link below. It's valid for 2 years from issue, allows a 90 day stay, and does not use a physical page to stamp in your passport. It "appears" that the cost is $40 plus about $5 in processing fees. This could be a large cost savings for most travelers.

From the FAQ page:

1. What is the procedure to apply for a Brazil visa online?
    To apply for a Brazil visa online you must have a valid machine readable passport. You can start the application process
    • Click On www.vfsglobal.com/Brazil-eVisa/
    • Applicants need to register
    • Complete Visa Application Form
    • Upload mandatory document
    • Answer set of questions asked during the visa application process
    • Make online payment.

After your application is complete, we will contact you within an average of 5 working days with the results of your visa application.

Excellent info. I need to check my Passport to see when my old Brazil Visa expires.

BIG COMPLICATION NOT FORESEEN! clear.png?emoji-eek-1725

Someone checked with their cruise line about the e-visa, and the line said they would not accept it for boarding. I suspect its because they may have no way to verify it electronically at this time since there isn't a stamp in your PP. I have a hard-copy Brazil visa so never checked with the consulate if there was a way lines could verify. DON'T RELY on my post to think you have a good e-visa that will let you board.

Sounds like the new Brazil VISA is too new for the cruise lines. We got ours last year before going to Brazil and it was one huge pain. Luckily we are 5 hours from Houston where the Brazilian Consulate is located and they are not that busy. This new way will be whole much easier, not require travel or paying someone to do it and one fourth the price. I hope the cruise lines get their procedures amended.

Our first Brazil port was Rio. Their immigration would not let us off the ship until almost 11 AM after arriving at 7 AM. They had to alter the excursions to compensate for the time. We were told that the officials came on the ship and insisted on inspecting everyone's passport before allowing us off the ship. Princess had collected our passports when we first boarded the ship and held them. Rumor was that this is normal procedure for Brazil and one of the reasons Princess seldom stops there. Salvadore was very easy since we had already been vetted.

Our first Brazil port was Rio. Their immigration would not let us off the ship until almost 11 AM after arriving at 7 AM. They had to alter the excursions to compensate for the time. We were told that the officials came on the ship and insisted on inspecting everyone's passport before allowing us off the ship. Princess had collected our passports when we first boarded the ship and held them. Rumor was that this is normal procedure for Brazil and one of the reasons Princess seldom stops there. Salvadore was very easy since we had already been vetted.

It is normal procedure. 12 years ago we did a Princess cruise that went up the Amazon River. We spent four hours near the start of the river during which authorities came on board and made copies of the visas in every passport along with the photo page in every passport.

Also, on one cruise that started in Rio, shortly after the ship left the dock, it had to stop while authorities came aboard to "complete paperwork." The Captain was not happy at all.

Argentina started issuing electronic visas several years ago and Princess had no problem adopting to that process, so I figure they will adopt to the Brazil E-visa also.

BIG COMPLICATION NOT FORESEEN! clear.png?emoji-eek-1725

Someone checked with their cruise line about the e-visa, and the line said they would not accept it for boarding. I suspect its because they may have no way to verify it electronically at this time since there isn't a stamp in your PP. I have a hard-copy Brazil visa so never checked with the consulate if there was a way lines could verify. DON'T RELY on my post to think you have a good e-visa that will let you board.

Hmmm, that’s not good. Hopefully Princess will figure out how to accept the online visas. We are on the Royal next year for her repositioning cruise to the West Coast.

Cheers, Denise