Will they ask for my seapass or Coca-Cola® souvenir cup?

mcatmcat

Hi:)

I am buying the refreshment package for one my friend going on the Independence of the seas but I just find out they dont have those freestyle coke machines on the ship. I was wondering if for her to ask for a drink she needs to show her seapass or just by showing the souvenir cup is enough? Also. since the souvenir cup is provided I am assuming they never serve it in a can right?

Goo night and thanks

You will have a either a sticker on your sea pass card or it will be preprinted that you have the coke package.

You can get a soda by the glass at any bar. I don’t recall seeing any cans of soda.

You can take your cup which is delivered in your room to and bar and they will also fill it.

I am buying the refreshment package for one my friend going on the Independence of the seas but I just find out they dont have those freestyle coke machines on the ship. I was wondering if for her to ask for a drink she needs to show her seapass or just by showing the souvenir cup is enough? Also. since the souvenir cup is provided I am assuming they never serve it in a can right?

Goo night and thanks

Cans of soda are normally not included in any unlimited beverage package. Sometimes the cup would be enough, sometimes thei will ask to the the SeaPass too.

They will ask for the seapass to verify the package. All soda on a package is "fountain" soda...from the "gun" at the bar. You don't need to have the cup, if you don't want to lug it around. If you don't have a package, you will buy a can of soda. Packages don't get the cans.

Not sure if I fully understand your question. Do you mean that because you are purchasing the package for your friend that YOUR seapass will be the one marked for the package and you want to know if your friend can get soda only by using the cup? If that’s the case, just go to guest services and they will put a sticker on your friend’s card and issue you a plain one.

Not sure if I fully understand your question. Do you mean that because you are purchasing the package for your friend that YOUR seapass will be the one marked for the package and you want to know if your friend can get soda only by using the cup? If that’s the case, just go to guest services and they will put a sticker on your friend’s card and issue you a plain one.

I am buying it under her name on her reservation but I know she doesnt carry her seapass most of the time and I though they had the free style machine which you only need the souvenir cup to get a drink on those machines. Thank you for your help. .

I am buying it under her name on her reservation but I know she doesnt carry her seapass most of the time and I though they had the free style machine which you only need the souvenir cup to get a drink on those machines. Thank you for your help. .

I can't imagine a time on the ship that I do not have my seapass card. How does she get in her room?

Goo night and thanks

fountain soda only. no cans. and she NEEDS to have her sea pass card with her at all times. it s the only way on or off the ship and the only way to purchase things on board let alone get into her cabin.

Get her a lanyard to carry her card. So much less awkward than carrying the cup around. She really doesn’t need the cup to get a soda.

So if a ship has the Freestyle machine then you can just walk up with the tumbler and fill it up? Just like at Wendys or another fast food restaurant that has the machines? No one monitors it?

Correct, however they do have a time limit of around 15 minutes before you can use that cup again.

So if a ship has the Freestyle machine then you can just walk up with the tumbler and fill it up? Just like at Wendys or another fast food restaurant that has the machines? No one monitors it?

The official cup has a built in chip that operates the machine. Without the chip the machine will not operate. The chip is only good for the duration of the cruise (or a few days longer), so you cannot recycle a cup from your last cruise.

Can you buy a single cup on the ship? My daughters don't like soda, only water, and I was wondering if just I or my wife could buy a single cup for the cruise.

You mean a plain plastic cup that doesn’t operate the freestyle machines? Our grandchildren do not drink soda. I bring empty sports bottles that can be filled with water or lemonade to carry around the ship or for excursions.

Can you buy a single cup on the ship? My daughters don't like soda, only water, and I was wondering if just I or my wife could buy a single cup for the cruise.

The only way to get the special soda cup is to purchase one of the unlimited drinks packages.

I'm sure the kids are not going to want to carry a cup around with them. How do they use the soda machines without the chip in the cup?

You cannot use the soda machines without the special cup.

That was the ideal scenario until I find out they dont have the freestyle machine :p

I can't imagine a time on the ship that I do not have my seapass card. How does she get in her room?

Actually is not that difficult not to carry the sea pass. For example on those day at sea I carry my and girlfriend sea pass to eat breakfast then we get to our room to get tanning lotion etc and head to the pool. During luch she is by my side and no need to get the seapass. If she need to get to the room she will ask for it and then give it back to me. At night she wears dresses no pockets so I carry the card again.