2018-2019 Dry Dock

teknoge3k

I just saw this on another site and figured I'd share it here.

• Carnival Fascination – January 31 through February 17, 2018
  • Carnival Paradise – February 22 through March 25, 2018
  • Carnival Legend – May 1-14, 2018
  • Carnival Inspiration – November 2-15, 2018
  • Carnival Fantasy – January 3-16, 2019
  • Carnival Pride – February 3-16, 2019
  • Carnival Freedom – February 16 through March 8, 2019
  • Carnival Triumph – March 2 through May 1, 2019

Triumph is going in for two whole months - that will hopefully allow them to address many of the deficiencies that seem to plague that ship.

("Remove and replace propulsion system" sounds like a useful task, for example...)

Paradise goes in for a month, so something "not minor". Anyone have any ideas?

All the other ships are just a two-week touch-up/refresh, from the looks of it.

Triumph is going in for two whole months - that will hopefully allow them to address many of the deficiencies that seem to plague that ship.

("Remove and replace propulsion system" sounds like a useful task, for example...)

hopefully the new propulsion system the Triumph gets is much much better. Triumph will be running much much harder sailing out of NYC and will require the ship to travel at full speed for at least a full day and half.

I was curious about what gets updated in the staterooms during Carnival's dry dock process? I've read "hotel maintenance" but was curious what that might include.

new carpet, new mattress, new chair/stool. light bulbs might get replaced

Paradise to get Guy's, not sure what else.

Because it's extended dry dock, they might be doing to it what they did to the Elation and adding balconies and some new stateroom categories, along with some other routine maintenance and updates. I don't believe the Paradise has balconies, other than in the suites (if even that).

Because it's extended dry dock, they might be doing to it what they did to the Elation and adding balconies and some new stateroom categories, along with some other routine maintenance and updates. I don't believe the Paradise has balconies, other than in the suites (if even that).

I think it's a safe bet that the Paradise is getting the same stuff as the Elation got.

I am not a Carnival guy but I know after the power issue they had a few years back they committed to installing much better separate backup power units. This may have already been done but if not they they be working on it as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The Fascination actually started its refurbishing while docked at St. Croix a few days ago while waiting for FEMA to end its charter. It had basically been there since just after hurricane Maria hit. Marcelo "Marshmallow" is the CD and posted a few vids explaining what and where wad to be done to the ship. One of the immediate things they were doing was herring rid of the fake palm trees outside at Lido (yes!!!).

It would be getting all 2.0 updates.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I was curious about what gets updated in the staterooms during Carnival's dry dock process? I've read "hotel maintenance" but was curious what that might include.

New lamps with usb ports. Usb ports at the desk. Two 110 outlets instead of one...

Lamp in new inside cabin on deck 14 (Grand):

enhance

Lamp in new junior/ocean suite on deck 14:

enhance

Big new inside cabins for 3 on new deck 14:

enhance

EM

New lamps with usb ports. Usb ports at the desk. Two 110 outlets instead of one...

Lamp in new inside cabin on deck 14 (Grand):

enhance

Lamp in new junior/ocean suite on deck 14:

enhance

Big new inside cabins for 3 on new deck 14:

enhance

EM

What ship is this?