Spring break

pjsportsmom

Spring break in public schools varies by region and, to a lesser extent, by district. Where I live (New York) schools have a break in February and another in April, but none in March. College and university breaks are usually in the middle of the semester but the second semester could begin in either January or February.

Both school and college breaks tend to be for a calendar week. Your sailing is on a weekend, so it would work for anyone who has a break more easily than would a midweek sailing.

As someone else said, spring break varies all around the country, so assume there will be many kids on that sailing. You will also find that sailings out of Florida also attract many South Americans who travel with their families and large groups. Then, there are the homeschoolers and also people who have no hesitation in taking their kids out of school for a cruise.

I could go on and on with special weeks that attract certain groups, like Yeshiva parents or the Hispanic populations who celebrate their daughter turning 15 and book in large groups.

In reality, there are only a few months (not March and April) that are relatively "safe".

As someone else said, spring break varies all around the country, so assume there will be many kids on that sailing. You will also find that sailings out of Florida also attract many South Americans who travel with their families and large groups. Then, there are the homeschoolers and also people who have no hesitation in taking their kids out of school for a cruise.

I could go on and on with special weeks that attract certain groups, like Yeshiva parents or the Hispanic populations who celebrate their daughter turning 15 and book in large groups.

In reality, there are only a few months (not March and April) that are relatively "safe".

Don’t forget the Canadians! In Ontario, schools have a week off in March, usually the second or third week. I’ve seen some people on Breakaway be horrified that they were on a ship crowded with Canadian families.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don’t forget the Canadians! In Ontario, schools have a week off in March, usually the second or third week. I’ve seen some people on Breakaway be horrified that they were on a ship crowded with Canadian families.

On our March 11-18 2017 Epic cruise there were a lot of Canadian families. They were all extremely friendly and well mannered. Why would people on the Breakaway (NYers??) be horrified? I am from NY.

On our March 11-18 2017 Epic cruise there were a lot of Canadian families. They were all extremely friendly and well mannered. Why would people on the Breakaway (NYers??) be horrified? I am from NY.

We were in the Haven and some people were not happy there were lots of families on that sailing.

I’m not insinuating that it was people from NY that were upset, but they definitely did not consider the Canadian school breaks when making their decision on timing. I think they were looking for a quiet retreat, which wasn’t exactly what they got. I vividly remember them glaring at our family as we walked into the Haven restaurant every morning for breakfast, even though my boys were well behaved.

We leave on the escape on March 17 as it is is our kids spring break in Idaho. Last year same time we were on carnival breeze and it was PACKED with kids and drunk adults that never left the pool. I assume this year will be the same. We are new to ncl though.

That week is spring break here in Oklahoma for the public schools and most the colleges in the region, and we will be cruising from NO, Tampa or Miami, just waiting to find the best last minute deal, there will be lots of kids on all of them..........

We’re from Oklahoma, and it’s our Spring Break the week of March 19. We’ll be in the Epic for the March 17th cruise.

Last year we took the Dawn out of New Orleans and there were a lot of college kids on the ship. There was a huge group of students from OK State and others from several Texas colleges. Lots of alcohol and partying, but everyone was respectful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In relative terms there are very few college spring breaks that week. (Some one mentioned 153 out of the thousands of colleges in the US). College spring breaks are rarely any issue. The problems arise with K-12 spring breaks and those tend to be the week before or the week after Easter.

In relative terms there are very few college spring breaks that week. (Some one mentioned 153 out of the thousands of colleges in the US). College spring breaks are rarely any issue. The problems arise with K-12 spring breaks and those tend to be the week before or the week after Easter.

In what part of the country though? Arkansas k-12 schools always have spring break the 3rd week of March.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

I think any cruise during a National holiday or the month of March will probably have an increased amount of kids. We survived a 4 day on the Sky in March (what we're we thinking when we booked, we WEREN'T! It was our college aged son's spring break and we thought "Let's hop on a cruise.") AND it was St Patricks Day. Just prepare yourself for a different cruise than you may have expected and bring earplugs or a sound machine. You can download a free app for your phone as another option for white noise.