Questions about the $50 per port shore excursion credit promotion

Sunriseatsea

Wondering if anyone has experience with the $50 per port shore excursion credit. Specifically, how it works with your onboard account. Say your cruise has 5 ports. Can you use $150 in one port and $100 in another, totaling the $250 but not spread out over 5 ports? Or at an extreme, do no excursions with NCL; do you still get $250 credited to your account that can offset expenditures for other things onboard? Maybe it never hits your general account and only shows up internally for the shore excursion desk? Happy to hear any thoughts or experiences!

The $50 per port shore excursion is just that, per port and isn’t accumulative. If you don’t take a shore excursion at one of the ports you don’t get the $50 for that port. If you don’t take a shore excursion at any of the ports then you don’t get any credit at all.

The system is set up for a $50 credit -PER CABIN-PER PORT- it is not combinable with other promos

perks shore excursions. It is a USE IT OR LOSE IT for each port application therefore no carry over or

credit balance on the onboard account..

However you have paid for the shore excursions - the $50 credit is applied after completion of the excursion

to your onboard account.

I just got off the Spirit with this perk. Sign up for all shore excursions in advance or on board. Your account is immediately charged the full amount for each excursion, in first day. In my case 7 excursions totaled over $500, which I was charged immediately. Each day a few hours after the excursion, I was credited $50. The last excursion I was credited $100 which included the disembark excursion. If I did not take the excursion, nor cancel in time, I would have paid full price. It is $50 per port, cannot be combined and if you don't take an excursion, you don't get it.

It is combinable though in the instance that you have two promos that both include shore excursion credits at least from what I was told by NCL. If you have the Pick 4 (or 5) and choose the shore excursion credit AND your cruise is a Distinct Voyage that also includes the $50/port credit, then you essentially get $100/port credit. It still must be used PER port and not cumulative however.

We had two $50 shore credits, they combined the two for a total of $100 per port. And yes, it is per port and per cabin, not per person. We were charged full price for the excursion, then after we completed the excursion, the credit was issued. Here's an extra tip...if you are a latitudes member that receives excursion discounts (we are platinum, discount is 10%) THEY DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY GIVE YOU THE DISCOUNT. You must go to the shore excursion desk and request it. The discount was applied to the full excursion amount, then the $50 (in our case $100) shore credit was applied.

PS, They claim the computer doesn't know to give you your latitudes discount, which is why you must go and request it.

• Like 1

We had two $50 shore credits, they combined the two for a total of $100 per port. And yes, it is per port and per cabin, not per person. We were charged full price for the excursion, then after we completed the excursion, the credit was issued. Here's an extra tip...if you are a latitudes member that receives excursion discounts (we are platinum, discount is 10%) THEY DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY GIVE YOU THE DISCOUNT. You must go to the shore excursion desk and request it. The discount was applied to the full excursion amount, then the $50 (in our case $100) shore credit was applied.

PS, They claim the computer doesn't know to give you your latitudes discount, which is why you must go and request it.

Good reminder about getting the platinum discount.

This is how I understand the OBC too. We have a distinctive voyage plus it was one of our pick two promos. I booked our excursions direct with NCL and the agent said our tickets would be in our cabin upon embarkation. I'll remember to ask about our discount, we're Platinum Plus so should get 15% off the prices, less our $100 OBC per tour.

• Like 1

THEY DO NOT AUTOMATICALLY GIVE YOU THE DISCOUNT.

I think they do now as the prices I have been working on are less that shown on the website. They were not able to do it automatically if you booked before February 2017. We know that as we had to claim on our last cruise.

We booked all our excursions on board for Thanksgiving last year and our discount was NOT applied automatically. We had to go request it be adjusted. The guy told us the same thing about having to come request the adjustment.

I would imagine a lot of people assume it's automatic and don't worry with it... More money in NCL's pocket that way.

I can confirm that they now give you the Lat. Discount automatically when you call to book your excursions. If you're doing the bookings onboard, they should do it automatically then too.

My cruise in April, I have the DV so as a solo now, I recieve the lat discount and the $50 p/port DV discount. Nothing has been charged to my CC since I called to book.

HTH

We booked all our excursions on board for Thanksgiving last year and our discount was NOT applied automatically.

But did you book the cruise before February 2017?

Not sure what difference that makes. We booked the excursions while on board; not in advance.

The computer systems work on the cruise booking date; remember the good old days when you could pay in CAD and have the rate locked in for everything purchased afterwards; well this was the same. The computer systems changed early in Feb 2017, every cruise booked after that was treated different from those booked before no matter what else was booked or when.

Discount WAS NOT automatically applied to our Jan 3, 2018 cruise, we only booked it in November 2017. It was on the Gem. Maybe discount is deducted automatically from newer ships, but this was only a few weeks ago and discount had to be requested. Just a heads up for those who qualify for Latitudes discount...check your on board account and request discount if you don't see it!

• Like 1

We phoned and booked 2 for Japan and they gave us the 10 % right then and will give the 50 as obc when the excursion is completed.....

Did you "book" and so pay for the shorex or did you just "reserve"? It makes a great deal of difference.

Edited by casofilia

We phoned and booked 2 for Japan and they gave us the 10 % right then and will give the 50 as obc when the excursion is completed.....

Did you "book" and so pay for the shorex or did you just "reserve"? It makes a great deal of difference.

Lol yes it makes a difference ...we reserved the spot ..not paid for ...