Allure Crown Loft

klfrodo

We have sailed two times in the L2 and it was worth it. The L1 has the great quiet ocean view with a small premium over the L2. If you are a people watcher the L2 has an aft view of the sports deck, some of the Boardwalk/Aqua Theater and ocean view on the horizon.

Either are great choices.

Yes. We were balcony-only type of people until we sailed in a Crown Loft on the Harmony in September. We specifically booked one again on the Allure - the two bathrooms can't be beat in my opinion. I also love the access and proximity to the SL, CK, and the suite sun deck.

All of our Oasis class cruises and one coming up were on 17 and I would highly recommend it. Our next sailing on the Allure is 10/21 and the cost for three in a CL1 is $5305, $5,135 for CL2 vs. $4,198 for a GS. We have travelled with our nephew (20 at the time) in a CL1 and our niece (also 20 at the time) in a SLS and really enjoyed having them on the lower level with a decent pullout sofa and their own bathroom. It did not feel like we were on top of each other and was a great time. 17 is quiet and wider hallways are nice. Proximity to CL and SL is a nice bonus for morning coffee, breakfast, etc. Not sure of the pricing on your trip, but on the 10/21/18 sailing a CL2 for less than $1,000 or a CL1 for just over vs. a GS would be worth it for me. Best of luck, enjoy your journey

Definitely worth a premium and perfect for 3 sharing but there are 2 negatives :

a). Bedroom privacy.

b). Small, cramped balcony

There are however many positives. Nice layout, really feels like staying in a suite. Really comfortable and even with 4 people sharing, we didn't feel that we were getting in each others way. Proximity to suite lounge and CK is also handy.

Also feels nice and bright as window spans 2 decks.

My wife and I just got back from seven days on the Allure February 4th. We stayed for the second time in a crown loft. It is a wonderful room and experience. We won’t hesitate to do it again. The effect of a loft with fifteen foot ceilings is spectacular.

If you have sailed in one of the cabins, would you do it again regarding the premium one pays for these cabins?

It would be my wife and me along with 14 yo granddaughter.

Thanks.

I'm read all your replies and seen you have booked. While I've never stayed in one, a friend had one we looked over, its the only time I've had suite envy. With a 14 year old grandaughter, she will feel like she has some space to herself, but it still close by for you.

All of our Oasis class cruises and one coming up were on 17 and I would highly recommend it. Our next sailing on the Allure is 10/21 and the cost for three in a CL1 is $5305, $5,135 for CL2 vs. $4,198 for a GS. We have travelled with our nephew (20 at the time) in a CL1 and our niece (also 20 at the time) in a SLS and really enjoyed having them on the lower level with a decent pullout sofa and their own bathroom. It did not feel like we were on top of each other and was a great time. 17 is quiet and wider hallways are nice. Proximity to CL and SL is a nice bonus for morning coffee, breakfast, etc. Not sure of the pricing on your trip, but on the 10/21/18 sailing a CL2 for less than $1,000 or a CL1 for just over vs. a GS would be worth it for me. Best of luck, enjoy your journey

Hi,

We are also sailing with you 10-21-18. We are in a L2 Crown Loft.

Just upgraded our L1 Loft to a Sky Loft sailing 4-15-18. Price to upgrade was $1490.

If you have sailed in one of the cabins, would you do it again regarding the premium one pays for these cabins?

It would be my wife and me along with 14 yo granddaughter.

Thanks.

YES! My wife, myself and 12 year old son got hooked on the crown loft cabins about 1.5 years ago. When sailing allure in the cl we have not sailed in any other cabin type on Oasis class. Love the space and quiet hallways. Vicinity to dl and sl makes it even sweeter. We prefer cl2 to people watch and the balconies are larger than cl1.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Aren't you in the grand loft suite on 10/21 Tim?

We will be on the same cruise with 2 other couples in the cl cabins. Let's keep in touch and all have dinner one night in ck?

Asked the wife if she wanted a star loft on the sailing. She said we didn't need the genie, we aren't heavy drinkers and we eat in mdr so why upgrade? The cost for star loft vs crown was under $2k for 3, which I thought was a steal. Will probably do star class once for a special occasion. Till then we are happy to just cruise!

Let me add, the shower in the upstairs bath is incredible.

Oasis and Allure are just as Rocketman describe. However on Harmony it is a tub with a shower head for the upstairs bathrooms, which IMO is not as nice. It is the same tub combo on Harmony for the Sky Loft Suite, soon be to renamed Star Loft Suite.

Aren't you in the grand loft suite on 10/21 Tim?

We will be on the same cruise with 2 other couples in the cl cabins. Let's keep in touch and all have dinner one night in ck?

Asked the wife if she wanted a star loft on the sailing. She said we didn't need the genie, we aren't heavy drinkers and we eat in mdr so why upgrade? The cost for star loft vs crown was under $2k for 3, which I thought was a steal. Will probably do star class once for a special occasion. Till then we are happy to just cruise!

Yes, we are in what they now call a Grand Panoramic Suite (1758) on 10/21. I was very surprised at how inexpensive (only relative to other sailings) the Star Class suites are on this sailing. It may not be about the money, but my guess is you will have to do a lot of research to find Star Class suites at similar prices, may be worth jumping on one now. Sounds good on the dinner, sad it so far away.

Yes, we are in what they now call a Grand Panoramic Suite (1758) on 10/21. I was very surprised at how inexpensive (only relative to other sailings) the Star Class suites are on this sailing. It may not be about the money, but my guess is you will have to do a lot of research to find Star Class suites at similar prices, may be worth jumping on one now. Sounds good on the dinner, sad it so far away.
Yes, it is cheap compared to other star class sailings. We will just stay where we are and save that unique experience for another cruise.

Are the ones that overlook the Sports Deck noisy?
As another poster has pointed out with the doors closed I don't hear a thing from sports deck. Outside on the balcony I hear mainly the music from the flowriders. Really no other loud noises than the music and at night it is fairly quiet outdoors. I like cl2 to people watch though. Also cl2 balconies are larger than than the cl1 balconies.

As another poster has pointed out with the doors closed I don't hear a thing from sports deck. Outside on the balcony I hear mainly the music from the flowriders. Really no other loud noises than the music and at night it is fairly quiet outdoors. I like cl2 to people watch though. Also cl2 balconies are larger than than the cl1 balconies.

To further Frank's comments, in the evening the noise is even less. You can at times hear residual noise from the Aqua Theatre when there is the loudest music, applause and cheering. Otherwise there is very little, if any noise.

Frank, please send some that warm Hawaiian air my way please. I am sick of winter.:)

Are the ones that overlook the Sports Deck noisy?

Are you looking?

We were in an L2 center room. Personal preference as others have theirs, but I personally did not enjoy it as much as the ocean because I like to look at the ocean versus people watching. The room is not loud when the door is closed, but when you are on the balcony it is a different story. In the morning they start playing music over the loud speakers so it is hard to enjoy morning coffee. There is a lot of activity and buzz through out the day. Being in the center room you could hear the aquatheater, movies and some boardwalk noise at night as well. At night there the sports court is used for soccer and basketball. I assumed by the crew because it was all adult males from different ethnic background. It wasn't loud and obnoxious but you could hear them playing. It is hard to enjoy a late night cocktail.

Now if the price was right I would book again to enjoy the room and the closeness to the suite lounge.