summer 2019 British Isles or Iceland cruises?

rocklinmom

NCL Spirit is booked on July 19th 2019 for IJmuiden, The Netherlands. She is arriving form Flam in Norway and will hereafter sail tot Zeebrugge in Belgium. She will arive in port at 07.00 and will leave at 19.00.

She is booked on the August 29th 2019 for IJmuiden, The Netherlands. Ports where she will come from and sail to are unknown. She will arive in port at 08.00 and will leave at 20.00.

She is booked September 28th 2019 for IJmuiden, The Netherlands. She comes from Southampton/UK and will sail the next day to Bergen in Norway. She will arrive in port at 10.00 and will leave at night at 01.00.

NCL Spirit is booked on July 19th 2019 for IJmuiden, The Netherlands. She is arriving form Flam in Norway and will hereafter sail tot Zeebrugge in Belgium. She will arive in port at 07.00 and will leave at 19.00.

She is booked on the August 29th 2019 for IJmuiden, The Netherlands. Ports where she will come from and sail to are unknown. She will arive in port at 08.00 and will leave at 20.00.

She is booked September 28th 2019 for IJmuiden, The Netherlands. She comes from Southampton/UK and will sail the next day to Bergen in Norway. She will arrive in port at 10.00 and will leave at night at 01.00.

Where do you see this information. It is not on http://www.ncl.com. The website still shows nothing after March 2019.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wow, they must be hoping for the last minute bookers! The price and itinerary would have to be spectacular to make me switch from Princess at this point.

It's not exactly last minute. I know very few people who are even considering next years holidays yet, let alone booking them.

For what it's worth, I still think that The Spirit, or another ship, will be doing Norway next year.

When the Iceland itinerary was added to the Getaways itineraries for next year, my initial thought was that this was a sign that maybe they are going back to just one ship in Northern Europe. However, if that was the case then I would have expected at least one or two Norway itineraries as well. I would seem very odd to totally drop those itineraries.

My guess is that they are having a rethink about exactly what itineraries the second ship (probably the Spirit) does. Getting the Getway to do Iceland frees up some itinerary time as it's a long cruise and the Getaway can take twice as many people as the smaller ship. Also I suspect they are reconsidering which ports to sail from. I'm expecting to have to go to Hamburg, rather than Southampton.

The news from Holland suggests that they are firming things up now, so maybe we will hear something quite soon.

I wonder why they don’t plan any British Isles cruises over Summer. I’d love to do one, but fall and spring the weather is too cool for me to go to UK. At this stage I’m not really interested in Norway.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sprit in Iceland if the cruise port homepage is correct.

5. June 2019 Wed.12:0012:00Skarfabakki 312

8. Sep. 2019Sun.12:0016:00*Skarfabakki 312

5. Oct. 2019Sat.12:0016:00*Skarfabakki 312

still hoping Spirit in Hamburg at Sept 14th in Hamburg to the cruise days

Getaway is at the moment only to book with embarking with Kopenhagen and not with Warnemünde any more.

Oh wow that's the same one we are booked on! :-)

Great minds think alike.

Very nice! I don't know if you like participating in the roll calls but I started one so people could connect and work on tour shares. I think our kids are around the same age so maybe we can get them together if they are so inclined (DS will be 16 1/2 and my niece will be 1 month shy of 15).

I also simply don't get why NCL simply does not release NCL Spirit's itineraries on time but so much delayed - they were announced for mid of January and soon we have mid of April!

But now that NCL Spirit appears on more and more Northern Europe port schedules for 2019, I think and hope her itineraries will be released soon.

Maybe NCL still needs to bargain which ports of call they could visit because compared to other cruise lines, NCL is quite late with the itinerary release for Northern Europe - so maybe some ports are fully booked now.

Further maybe NCL is not sure whether Spirit is only sailing from Southampton (this port was mentioned in the press release) or if there are also some sailings from Hamburg - we will see.

That does sound promising! Hopefully they will release the cruises soon.

Trvlgirlmq, if we stay on the Princess cruise I will join the roll call later. We do ship excursions so I don't need the private tour group info. And yes my youngest will be 15 1/2 by then (the other two are older, will be 19 and 21...! still can't believe that) :-)