summer 2019 British Isles or Iceland cruises?

rocklinmom

Of course this assumes

Exchange rate does not improve for UK - it will

The fact that the US drinks package is plus $89 per person and

you are booking under US law not UK consumer law

and our bank gives 10% discount so UK for us is cheaper

There you go

Price drops??? really the global cruise demand is record levls and this is a small ship with a great itinerary price rises to come so booked repo to UK excellent then Jade then Encore TA that will do for next year.

I am sure the price will drop 4300 euro pp for a balcony for 15 days they are just crasy , almost all the jade cruises this year from Uk have dropped

I am sure the price will drop 4300 euro pp for a balcony for 15 days they are just crasy , almost all the jade cruises this year from Uk have dropped

You say that, but picking a 14 night Jade cruise for this September (so outside of U.K. holiday time), it is about £1,000 more for a similar cabin than I have today paid for that 15 night cruise that you say will come down in price.

I couldn’t compare the May one because it is sold out for anything above an Oceanview.

Looking at other Jade 2018 summer cruises from Southampton, I haven’t yet found one that is cheaper per night than that 2019 Baltics trip.

I may of course be wrong, but I see these prices only going one way, and that isn’t down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Called our Norwegian Cruise consultant yesterday. She was on a conference call getting the spring and beyond Spirit itineraries. Although they were not published yet she could take our reservation for the July 26, 2019. Keeping our fingers crossed there are no changes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You say that, but picking a 14 night Jade cruise for this September (so outside of U.K. holiday time), it is about £1,000 more for a similar cabin than I have today paid for that 15 night cruise that you say will come down in price.

I couldn’t compare the May one because it is sold out for anything above an Oceanview.

Looking at other Jade 2018 summer cruises from Southampton, I haven’t yet found one that is cheaper per night than that 2019 Baltics trip.

I may of course be wrong, but I see these prices only going one way, and that isn’t down.

Thanks Keith for your research.

Due to worldwide demand for cruises its only going one way. so I am afraid to say.

Keynsian economics is simple - SUPPLY and DEMAND and at the moment there is not enough supply at peak times to meet demand.

So if the person thinks prices will fall you are very sadly mistaken.

I have booked our cruises already for 2019 for that reason.

Called our Norwegian Cruise consultant yesterday. She was on a conference call getting the spring and beyond Spirit itineraries. Although they were not published yet she could take our reservation for the July 21, 2019. Keeping our fingers crossed there are no changes.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It should have been that we are booked on the July 21, 2019 British Isles Heritage cruise.

I like that July 21st BI itinerary as well. Still crunching numbers and debating with my family over whether they can give up seeing Paris (on the Princess BI cruise). Also comparing our perks with Princess and NCL. The prices are a bit less for us on NCL for two cabins but it is a big decision :-)

I like that July 21st BI itinerary as well. Still crunching numbers and debating with my family over whether they can give up seeing Paris (on the Princess BI cruise). Also comparing our perks with Princess and NCL. The prices are a bit less for us on NCL for two cabins but it is a big decision :-)

if its Le Havre listed for Paris it's a long trip inland to Paris

have you thought of staying Paris pre or post trip or even taking Eurostar from London to Paris?

Have emailed 21 July BI cruise to hubby and will start nagging him if he doesn't look at it soon!

We are from the UK but as some of the Highlands of Scotlands are such aa long drive even for us in North East England that would be a good way to access them by cruise ship

Yes it is a long drive from the port to Paris, but we are used to long drives from soccer tournaments :-)

I did consider the Eurostar from London, thank you for reminding me. At this point we are considering switching to the sailing from Dublin instead so might not be sailing out of SH to be able to do that.

I still like the NCL itinerary in July, and it is out of SH, so if we do that one the train ride would be our only way to see Paris.

Of course this assumes

Exchange rate does not improve for UK - it will

The fact that the US drinks package is plus $89 per person and

you are booking under US law not UK consumer law

and our bank gives 10% discount so UK for us is cheaper

There you go

Price drops??? really the global cruise demand is record levls and this is a small ship with a great itinerary price rises to come so booked repo to UK excellent then Jade then Encore TA that will do for next year.

If you want to pay the full crasy price it’s ur decision, but I saw all royal princess cruise from Uk droped also like the jade cruise , for this price you can cruise with Oceania and it’s another level than the spirit and his terrible food

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you want to pay the full crasy price it’s ur decision, but I saw all royal princess cruise from Uk droped also like the jade cruise , for this price you can cruise with Oceania and it’s another level than the spirit and his terrible food

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With my UK discount I am paying less than you in dollars!

17 August 2019, 15 nights Scandinavia & Baltic: (Stockholm - Helsinki - St.Petersburg - Tallinn - Riga - Klaipeda - Gdynia - Rostock - Copenhagen - Oslo - Ijmuiden - Zeebrugge - Le Havre - Southampton)

Already jumped on this one, looks incredible. Twelve ports in one cruise!

FWIW Jade seems to have been carrying a premium pricewise since it's modernisation.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Forums mobile app

14 June 2019, 12 nights Norway & North Cape: (Southampton - Stavanger - Trondheim - Svartisen - Hammerfest - Honningsvag - Geiranger - Flam - Haugesund - Southampton)

Hubby and I are looking at this one. What I find annoying is that similar cruises in 2018 are less than half price of the 2019 cruises. $1749pp inside for 12 days. I guess being above the arctic circle on solstice is worth something, but that much?

-- Michael

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I live in Europe but have in the past booked most of our cruises through our US based cruise consultant at NCL, mainly because the prices for the same cruise is often much lower for the American market than it is for the European market. For next summer I am interested in the British Isles and Ireland cruise out of Southampton in July, and the prices are crazy....!!! BUT the difference I see when booking the sailaway (GTY) rate paid in US dollars or in Euros is also crazy. for the cheapest cabin category (Inside GTY) I would have to pay USD 4717 for two persons included taxes. Which is quite pricey in my opinion. It is even worse if I want to book the same type of cabin (without any extras) through NCL Europe - for two persons the total price incl taxes is EUR 4558 (around USD 5425 with todays exchange rate). That is a difference of USD 700 for two persons, for the exact same product with the SAME cruise line (NCL)...

I have decided to wait a little and not book yet, and will also be checking out other cruise lines - because these prices are significantly more expensive than they were for similar cruises in 2017...

Here it is February and for summer 2019 Europe cruises there are still only Med, Greek, and Baltic cruises available. I am beginning to wonder if NCL will be offering British Isles or Scotland/Iceland cruises next summer? The Spirit isn't listed yet so we know it would be on her, but this is taking so long for them to figure out. I have a backup Princess cruise but would really like to see what will be available on the Spirit. Do any NCL people (there are some here on CC) have any idea of when these itineraries will be released, or if they are going to send the Spirit somewhere else entirely?

I have been begging NCL for years every time I am on a ship, which is often, to do the British Isles like Princess does. A 12 day a few time a year or something more than they do. I can not always take the 1 week it is being offered. I actually had booked it for this September but had to change it due to my sons graduation. I now have no other option. I have nothing against Princess, as I have never sailed on that line. I am trying to stay loyal to NCL. I like what little perks I get & hate to start at the bottom on another line. I am Platinum Plus on NCL. But, I agree, I wish NCL would do a lot more offerings of the British Isles, London, Scotland, and Ireland. I beg all the time, and mention it in my post surveys.

I have been begging NCL for years every time I am on a ship, which is often, to do the British Isles like Princess does. A 12 day a few time a year or something more than they do. I can not always take the 1 week it is being offered. I actually had booked it for this September but had to change it due to my sons graduation. I now have no other option. I have nothing against Princess, as I have never sailed on that line. I am trying to stay loyal to NCL. I like what little perks I get & hate to start at the bottom on another line. I am Platinum Plus on NCL. But, I agree, I wish NCL would do a lot more offerings of the British Isles, London, Scotland, and Ireland. I beg all the time, and mention it in my post surveys.

They are doing three 11 or 12 night British Isles cruises next year.

I live in Europe but have in the past booked most of our cruises through our US based cruise consultant at NCL, mainly because the prices for the same cruise is often much lower for the American market than it is for the European market. For next summer I am interested in the British Isles and Ireland cruise out of Southampton in July, and the prices are crazy....!!! BUT the difference I see when booking the sailaway (GTY) rate paid in US dollars or in Euros is also crazy. for the cheapest cabin category (Inside GTY) I would have to pay USD 4717 for two persons included taxes. Which is quite pricey in my opinion. It is even worse if I want to book the same type of cabin (without any extras) through NCL Europe - for two persons the total price incl taxes is EUR 4558 (around USD 5425 with todays exchange rate). That is a difference of USD 700 for two persons, for the exact same product with the SAME cruise line (NCL)...

I have decided to wait a little and not book yet, and will also be checking out other cruise lines - because these prices are significantly more expensive than they were for similar cruises in 2017...

The prices are based on supply and demand its really is that simple. The worldwide demand for cruises is so high at present NCL and others can almost name their price.

Hubby and I are looking at this one. What I find annoying is that similar cruises in 2018 are less than half price of the 2019 cruises. $1749pp inside for 12 days. I guess being above the arctic circle on solstice is worth something, but that much?

-- Michael

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No the prices are going through the roof because that what they can get!

I priced the June British Isles 11 night cruise and I noticed that the port taxes, fees, etc were super high. For the 4 of us they were over $1500. On the 12 night Princess we have booked going to virtually the same ports the taxes, fees are only $680 for 4. Is this because they waited to book the ports so late?

Yes I noticed that too, the NCL port fees are over $300pp vs. the Princess one at anywhere from $150 to $180pp (depending on dates) which is half the price. Seems like a big difference for basically the same ports.

This cruise, June 26 - July 07, 2019, looks so amazing! I did the Sept. 2015 12-day BI cruise on the Star and this cruise definetely compares very favourably to it. There are ports that I've never been to and some that I have but would love to revisit.

I'm now a solo cruiser so the prices do seem a bit higher but... supply and demand will determine whether it will sell as well as it did in 2015. Our cruise was sold out fairly early... think it was 3 months out. It seems like they've had a difficult time finding ports of call to visit within their time frame. I could be wrong... I've been wrong before, but just the itin. itself seems a bit strange, going back and forth between England and Ireland numerous times seems strange.

The price may seem out of reach. I have faith that if I'm meant to do this cruise, I will. I'll book it and wait, who knows what will happen. It just seems too good a chance to miss.

Safe cruising to everyone.

Cheers.

It seems like they've had a difficult time finding ports of call to visit within their time frame. I could be wrong... I've been wrong before, but just the itin. itself seems a bit strange, going back and forth between England and Ireland numerous times seems strange.

The itinerary makes sense. You are basically heading south between England/Wales and Ireland. Belfast-Liverpool-Dublin will be a shorter sailing than Belfast-Dublin-Liverpool, as you can cut diagonally between Belfast and Liverpool.

If I had to plan the route including those three Irish ports and Liverpool then I would go with what they are doing.

They are all an easy overnight sail.

If I had to plan the route including those three Irish ports and Liverpool then I would go with what they are doing.

They are all an easy overnight sail.

You're correct of course, I was wondering about the availability of the ports. Does it seem as though they would have difficulty acquiring a berth, having booked these ports so late, or do they seem quite within an acceptable itinerary? I'm quite happy with it since it includes some ports I've already visited and some that are new to me and look forward to visiting.

Decisions, decisions.... I so dislike not being able to make up my mind. :confused:

Time will tell... :)