Can you get current offer on booked cruise?

Disney_Girl

This may be a dumb question. This is our first NCL cruise and I noticed on their website they now have a free bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries as a promotion. We are doing a Mediterranean cruise for our 10 year wedding anniversary so this would be perfect. If I call what are the chances they would add this to our existing reservation?

Yeah it wouldn't be worth that since the price has gone up. I assumed it wasn't possible but figured I should check :)

If you're booked directly with NCL, it never hurts to call and ask. I called one time because the offer changed and they added OBC to the existing offer we already had... I told the lady that I figure it never hurts to ask because the worst that can happen is they say no. The new offer was $50/person I think on top of the existing promo and I ended up getting $25/person.

In the end, it was a free $50 that I wouldn't have gotten if I had not called... So I would always try and just see what happens. I can also say, the "free" bottle of wine is likely not worth it. It's free for a reason. I think they purchase crate loads of that wine to give away since every Silver Lattitude member gets a free bottle anyway.

This may be a dumb question. This is our first NCL cruise and I noticed on their website they now have a free bottle of wine and chocolate covered strawberries as a promotion. We are doing a Mediterranean cruise for our 10 year wedding anniversary so this would be perfect. If I call what are the chances they would add this to our existing reservation?

Sometimes they will do it, especially if you are not to final payment. Even if you are within final payment , pick up the phone and call. You have nothing to lose.

It depends on what ammonites you had and cabin category when you booked. I had OBC when I booked and now Wine and Berries offered, but I have to give up my OBC. If you are Balcony or higher you can add The perk and keep OBC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you're booked directly with NCL, it never hurts to call and ask. I called one time because the offer changed and they added OBC to the existing offer we already had... I told the lady that I figure it never hurts to ask because the worst that can happen is they say no. The new offer was $50/person I think on top of the existing promo and I ended up getting $25/person.

In the end, it was a free $50 that I wouldn't have gotten if I had not called... So I would always try and just see what happens. I can also say, the "free" bottle of wine is likely not worth it. It's free for a reason. I think they purchase crate loads of that wine to give away since every Silver Lattitude member gets a free bottle anyway.

Yep, just this weekend, I noticed a price drop on our April transatlantic. Final payment had been made, so normally, there is no changing. But the lady was nice enough to upgrade our cabin just a bit (for no price change) and add on the strawberry/wine "freebie" too. I didn't save any money, but got a little better cabin and a free snack. Better than nothing, and certainly worth the 15 minutes I spent on the phone.

Heck, the worst that can happen is that they say "sorry, no." It's not like you risk losing your cruise!

Thanks everyone! I called but she said to add it on the package would be changed to today's pricing which would cost us $300 extra per person (Very expensive strawberries and wine lol). So I am leaving it as is.

A room upgrade would have been amazing rmurray847! We are in a balcony room currently.

Thanks everyone! I called but she said to add it on the package would be changed to today's pricing which would cost us $300 extra per person (Very expensive strawberries and wine lol). So I am leaving it as is.

A room upgrade would have been amazing rmurray847! We are in a balcony room currently.

Oh, it wasn't that amazing. Basically from an aft balcony to a mid balcony. Same size, but SLIGHTLY better location. I think the difference was that our cruise had a price DROP as well as adding the strawberry/wine. If they could have simply honored the price drop, I would have saved $200. Instead, I got a cabin that would have cost me $200 more (but that I wasn't particularly pining for either) plus a fancy snack. (You CAN drive yourself crazy trying to get the very, very, VERY best price. You just never will.)

Oh, it wasn't that amazing. Basically from an aft balcony to a mid balcony. Same size, but SLIGHTLY better location. I think the difference was that our cruise had a price DROP as well as adding the strawberry/wine. If they could have simply honored the price drop, I would have saved $200. Instead, I got a cabin that would have cost me $200 more (but that I wasn't particularly pining for either) plus a fancy snack. (You CAN drive yourself crazy trying to get the very, very, VERY best price. You just never will.)

Oh I completely misunderstood! But hey even slightly better is a bonus :)

It's true, but that's ok. I can live without them :)

Yep, just this weekend, I noticed a price drop on our April transatlantic. Final payment had been made, so normally, there is no changing. But the lady was nice enough to upgrade our cabin just a bit (for no price change) and add on the strawberry/wine "freebie" too. I didn't save any money, but got a little better cabin and a free snack. Better than nothing, and certainly worth the 15 minutes I spent on the phone.

Heck, the worst that can happen is that they say "sorry, no." It's not like you risk losing your cruise!

yes, normally when there is a price drop after final payment they will upgrade to the next available level. The added strawberry/wine was a nice gesture.

Only if you cancel and rebook. All cancellation penalties will apply if you are in the cancellation window.

Not true. You do not need to cancel a reservation to have a perk added.

I called last night and had this offer added to my current reservation on the Breakaway.

In fact. This I'd the second time I have called to get a perk added to my current reservation. About 2weeks ago, I noticed that on board credit was being offered. I called. And that was added.

Just contact Norweigen, or your travel agent. They will check your reservation, add the perk if you qualify, with out first cancelling your reservation.

Oh, it wasn't that amazing. Basically from an aft balcony to a mid balcony. Same size, but SLIGHTLY better location.

An aft to a mid is an upgrade? I wouldn't think that there would be that many who would want that change. I'm sure that you made someone happy by freeing up an aft.