Would you call in for a $10 price drop?

mkcurran

I would, and did. It's money in your pocket! I just filled out the price protection form online, though. That way I wasn't taking up someone's time on the phone and they could get to the form when they got to it (they say 2 business days, but have turned around the price drop/OBC the same day each time I've sent in the form).

I fill out the price protection form only for any price drop. Takes like 5 minutes max and usually you hear back in a couple hours.

I found that form online. For the full minute it took me to fill it out, I'll give it a shot.

Would you call in and bother with a $10 price drop? All other promotions remain the same.

Also final payment is a week away, will the price drop more if they are dropping it now?

absolutely...would you pick up a 10 dollar bill on the ground? would you accept 10 bucks from someone?

yes, claim every dollar...it all adds up

Would you call in and bother with a $10 price drop? All other promotions remain the same.

Also final payment is a week away, will the price drop more if they are dropping it now?

Call you PVP first to make sure it won't have a negative effect on you. On a previous cruise, I had applied for a $30.00 price drop, but there had also been an increase in the port fees. I got the price drop, but I also got "dinged" for the increase in port fees. I think it was about $45.00 or $50.00. So I actually ended up losing money. Be careful applying for price drops.

I just emailed my PVP and told her we have a sailing that dropped by $20. She ends up adding it as OBC for us. When we get back from our next sailing I'll tell her about the promotion you always get after a cruise, and she'll apply that credit as well.