Check your fare re: view and veranda

oceanmom

Booked an Alaska cruise for $2069 per person last July while on the Rotterdam (Viking Passage--great trip!!). When View and Veranda first came out in December, the fare was an additional $400 per person for a benefit of $250 (prepaid gratuities plus $150 OBC). Just checked today, and the increase is only $100 per person for a benefit of $250. Sent an email to our PCC who immediately refared us at today's V&V price. Love my PCC!! And shows how important it is to keep an eye on prices.

Booked an Alaska cruise for $2069 per person last July while on the Rotterdam (Viking Passage--great trip!!). When View and Veranda first came out in December, the fare was an additional $400 per person for a benefit of $250 (prepaid gratuities plus $150 OBC). Just checked today, and the increase is only $100 per person for a benefit of $250. Sent an email to our PCC who immediately refared us at today's V&V price. Love my PCC!! And shows how important it is to keep an eye on prices.

Prepaid Gratuities? We have a V&V booked for Nov 2018 and have never seen Prepaid HSC as one of the perks. Did we miss something?

Correction... my bad! We booked a Verandah, not a suite. Suites do include prepaid HSC. Sorry.

Edited by jbecker6469
Correction

And you could get a better deal if you transferred to an outside agent.

That happens closer to final payment when we usually transfer the booking to the big box store. Waiting allows us the opportunity to talk directly with HAL and not go through the "please hold while I connect with HAL" and then often be patched into a 3-way call--and as happened once, during that 3-way conversation, HAL and I figured out what to do and couldn't get the big box store TA to rejoin the 3-way conversation. "Helloooo, big box store, are you still there?????"

We did the same two weeks ago, except the fare was down by $10 and we got $250 in OBC.

I'd like some more info on this thread. I normally book through a 'big box company' after shopping around. I often use the ************* website. But, what I am reading here is that if I book with HAL (prior to the final payment) and then transfer to an internet website, I can get a better price if it exists and still keep the OBC and other freebies that were offered by HAL when I purchased?

I usually get freebies that are offered by HAL and a little extra from the big box store, but if I want to change the booking as new deals are announced, I lose the freebies that I had.

I'd like some more info on this thread. I normally book through a 'big box company' after shopping around. I often use the ************* website. But, what I am reading here is that if I book with HAL (prior to the final payment) and then transfer to an internet website, I can get a better price if it exists and still keep the OBC and other freebies that were offered by HAL when I purchased?

I usually get freebies that are offered by HAL and a little extra from the big box store, but if I want to change the booking as new deals are announced, I lose the freebies that I had.

For one thing, whenever you "rebook" with any TA or direct through HAL, you normally lose the old benefits and of course fare. There have been times when I was able to add a new perk on, but this is fairly rare.