Sales calls

Grimlineman

Is every customer assigned a sales rep who’s job it is to try to keep you booked for cruises?

Carnival has my wife’s number so most the time she fields the calls but we get them from the person who says they are our Carnival rep more than we would like.

I mean don’t get me wrong if we”re eligible for some super deal we would like to hear about it but when we didn’t have a cruise booked he was calling almost every day. Now that we have one booked he calls about once a month to see if we need to add anybody or book another.

We have always just book online our selfs and he felt the need to tell my wife not to worry he gets credit for cruises we book that way as well when she informed him of this :confused:

Edited by Grimlineman

My PVP calls me sometimes twice a day. I find it rather annoying. Every time I look at the Carnival website, which is almost every day, sure enough, the next day I get a call. Like you said, if he’s calling to offer me some fantastic deal that’s too good to pass up, I’m all for it. But just to call to get me to book a cruise, ummmmm......no. Believe me, when I’m ready to book and I find the cruise I want to go on, I’ll book it. No daily phone calls necessary. I don’t even answer the calls, I send them straight to voicemail and each time he leaves the same generic canned message.

Is every customer assigned a sales rep who’s job it is to try to keep you booked for cruises?

Carnival has my wife’s number so most the time she fields the calls but we get them from the person who says they are our Carnival rep more than we would like.

I mean don’t get me wrong if we”re eligible for some super deal we would like to hear about it but when we didn’t have a cruise booked he was calling almost every day. Now that we have one booked he calls about once a month to see if we need to add anybody or book another.

We have always just book online our selfs and he felt the need to tell my wife not to worry he gets credit for cruises we book that way as well when she informed him of this :confused:

I have noticed that if I get online to just check prices etc. it tends to flag us and that's when the calls and emails start coming!

I hit the jackpot with my PVP apparently. She doesn't call or email me, unless I contact her first. She does call the day before we sail and the day we get back. Aside from that, it's just a contact I have at Carnival if I need anything.

I hit the jackpot with my PVP apparently. She doesn't call or email me, unless I contact her first. She does call the day before we sail and the day we get back. Aside from that, it's just a contact I have at Carnival if I need anything.

Me too. If anyone else does not like the way and when their PVP calls them. TELL THEM WHAT YOU WANT THeM TO DO. IF THEY DON'T DO IT YOUR WAY. CALL CARNIVAL AND TELL THEM YOU NEED A NEW PVP. TRAIN THEM!!!!! Do not let them try to train you.

Put a stop to it or they will continue.

For those of you saying to tell them to stop calling, this would mean I’d have to actually answer their calls and talk to them. I send all the calls to voicemail and have stopped listening to the messages. Furthermore, I have had at least a half dozen different PVP’s over the years. It seems like every six months or so, I’ve got a different one calling me. I don’t feel like I should have to “train them” to stop calling me.

For those of you saying to tell them to stop calling, this would mean I’d have to actually answer their calls and talk to them. I send all the calls to voicemail and have stopped listening to the messages. Furthermore, I have had at least a half dozen different PVP’s over the years. It seems like every six months or so, I’ve got a different one calling me. I don’t feel like I should have to “train them” to stop calling me.

Good to see that you have solved your problem. You are now trained!

pretty easy to block a caller

Mine is the same way and I love him! He will check in with me when there are the reduced deposit promos as well but I’m fairly likely to book during that time so that’s ok with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My PVP maybe calls me once every 3 or 4 months if that much. I do get emails about every other day, but that is not a problem. I've been using the same PVP for years and he knows what time of the year we usually sail. I don't book years or even several months in advance and he knows that, so we have a good working relationship.

If my PVP was calling too often, I would not hesitate to tell him. I'm pretty sure they would appreciate the heads up.

This was common for me. I check the prices of cruises every day and they would call me multiple times a day, but I asked them to please stop calling and I would call them when needed and I have not heard from them since. Been well over a year.

My PVP calls me sometimes twice a day. I find it rather annoying. Every time I look at the Carnival website, which is almost every day, sure enough, the next day I get a call. Like you said, if he’s calling to offer me some fantastic deal that’s too good to pass up, I’m all for it. But just to call to get me to book a cruise, ummmmm......no. Believe me, when I’m ready to book and I find the cruise I want to go on, I’ll book it. No daily phone calls necessary. I don’t even answer the calls, I send them straight to voicemail and each time he leaves the same generic canned message.

The solution is to not log in when viewing the site. That's what triggers their call. Only log in if you're looking for your VIFP deals which only change every few weeks. Otherwise no need to log in.