Journey cruise?

casperbks

I am on a journey cruise in Dec and I would like to know the difference between a regular cruise and journey cruise??? thank you.. I am on the Miracle out of Tampa on Dec 2 1918,,,:)

They are longer cruises, that usually have some throwback type of events that carnival used to do

on cruises years ago... I was on a 14 day cruise, they had a cigar under the stars night on serenity deck, they had a more traditional captains night, they also had 3 elegant nights instead of two and they did not serve the brunch on all seadays, they sometimes just had regular breakfast...

Our Journeys cruise on the Legend to Hawaii last September, was our first cruise.

I was told the difference was;

3 elegant nights VS regular 2 nights

Captains cocktail event for all guests (wine, beer, mai tai with appetizers) with meet & greet and Q&A with senior officers, held in the theatre.

Enrichment sessions in the theatre (flora & fauna, geographic history) and such for the ports.

Hula, lei making and ukulele lessons.

Sea day brunch on sea days.

Gala midnight buffet.

they are longer cruises and also to different ports (mostly southern).we did a b2b journey cruise on triumph from Galveston. 21 days total around the Caribbean.great cruise

Also Hawaii and Alaska. A few Panama as well.

Our Journeys cruise on the Legend to Hawaii last September, was our first cruise.

I was told the difference was;

3 elegant nights VS regular 2 nights

Captains cocktail event for all guests (wine, beer, mai tai with appetizers) with meet & greet and Q&A with senior officers, held in the theatre.

Enrichment sessions in the theatre (flora & fauna, geographic history) and such for the ports.

Hula, lei making and ukulele lessons.

Sea day brunch on sea days.

Gala midnight buffet.

I am waiting for the 2019 one to be released, can't wait!

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

I've done a few Journeys cruises, including a 21 day B2B on the Glory, and would do another lengthy cruise like that in a heartbeat. But I personally didn't participate in most of the throwback events, so my on board experience was similar to a regular carnival cruise. I booked the Journeys cruises for their length and port diversity.

My only minor disappointment was in the MDR, when I mistakingly thought the advertising of the island specific entrees would be more extensive than the usual "port of call" selection and it wasn't.

But I would love to do another 21 or even 30 day B2B(2B) RT in the next few years. If not, I'm considering a lengthy NCL or Celebrity sailing around South America.

Its a longer cruise that will show what they have cutback on in the last 10 years :)

Very true

Also they are the only cruises with flyons. However for those of us who have done several journey cruises each one has same flyons doing same act. Made entertainment rather boring.

At least though they have lots of comedians.

We just did our first Journey's Cruise this past January, and have another one booked for Feb. 2019.

We had 6 full seadays. They had the Brunch on 3 of the days & 3 of the days had Breakfast in AM with lunch in MDR. That was a nice change.

They also had crafts in the AM on all of the sea days.

They also had a speaker on the sea days. I went to one of them where the speaker talked about different island foods.

But I would love to do another 21 or even 30 day B2B(2B) RT in the next few years. If not, I'm considering a lengthy NCL or Celebrity sailing around South America.

Got a great price on Celebrity Eclipse, San Antonio to San Diego on Mar 15 2020. Then booked the NCL Star from Buenos Aires to San Antonio that gets in the day before Eclipse Cruise. Beat the Celebrity prior cruise by $1000. You should check it out.

Sorry, back to regular scheduled programming

HI all!

I've booked my first Journey cruise & 1st one for my birthday on Sunshine for Dec 3/19 sailing from Charleston. A lot of firsts for me.;)

I'm just a lowly gold so who knows how long it'll take to get on the ship & I guess even FTTF won't help in that case!!

Deb ~ hi we were on the Vista together & I see you're going on another ship I'll be on, maybe Bliss?

~ Jo ~ :)

HI all!

I've booked my first Journey cruise & 1st one for my birthday on Sunshine for Dec 3/19 sailing from Charleston. A lot of firsts for me.;)

I'm just a lowly gold so who knows how long it'll take to get on the ship & I guess even FTTF won't help in that case!!

Deb ~ hi we were on the Vista together & I see you're going on another ship I'll be on, maybe Bliss?

~ Jo ~ :)

I think it’s the Serenade TA in Aug. Are you still going?

You will enjoy the Journey cruise. I did a B2B (21 Days) on the Triumph in 2015. Lots of fun.

I think it’s the Serenade TA in Aug. Are you still going?

You will enjoy the Journey cruise. I did a B2B (21 Days) on the Triumph in 2015. Lots of fun.

Hi Deb

How u doing? Many of the old regulars are looking forward to Horizon TA in May. Sorry you aren't doing this one. Booked 12 day Glory Feb 16, 2019. Unless something else catches my eye. What about you?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Hi Deb

How u doing? Many of the old regulars are looking forward to Horizon TA in May. Sorry you aren't doing this one. Booked 12 day Glory Feb 16, 2019. Unless something else catches my eye. What about you?

Hi Loretta,

I really wanted to do Iceland. So now I am (and Greenland). I am doing Baltics and TA this year, and SA in 2020. Nothing in 2019, but eyeing the Panorama since it looks like it may come directly to Westcoast. Tell everyone Hi for me on the Horizon.

Hi Loretta,

I really wanted to do Iceland. So now I am (and Greenland). I am doing Baltics and TA this year, and SA in 2020. Nothing in 2019, but eyeing the Panorama since it looks like it may come directly to Westcoast. Tell everyone Hi for me on the Horizon.

Who are you doing SA with in 2020?

I may also be looking at/checking out the Carnival repo cruises. There could be some interesting itineraries Some of the other flipfloppers are not interested in Carnival anymore but perhaps these repo itineraries may Chang their mind.

Got a big bus tour and safari booked with Cosmos in S Africa in July this year. A really expensive travel year. Going while I can!