Diamond and buying a beverage package

I don't think that "Diamonds are usually older" holds true any more. (nor does that mean that they don't DRINK) Achieving Diamond (80) points just doesn't take that long, and young people are cruising more and more. Many enter adulthood already being Diamond or Diamond Plus.

This!!! Royal causes this with their kids assume the same tier as their parents policy. I met a couple recently who only brought their teenagers that one time just so that they would be diamond when they cruise on their own if they so desire. And you are right, 80 just isn’t really that much. My daughter is 27 months old and is diamond on her own points but of course is Diamond Plus b/c of us and the policy. I thought they reverted to their points once adults but I thought I read they don’t now and I think that was from bob so that is a very reliable source if it was him that said it.

My wife and I became diamond in pretty short order and really it didn’t take too long for us to make D+. Of course we do cruise a bit but we wouldn’t view ourselves as old by any stretch.

We had a blast when we were gold and still do as D+.

We are diamond plus and always buy the package. We got a bogo on this cruise so it worked out very well. I am not a huge drinker but on vacation a Bloody Mary at breakfast is a treat. During our hours by the pool, it is fun to try new things. I don’t end up denying myself some fun because I am trying to “pinch pennies” like we do the majority of the time at home. We agree that we are just going to give ourselves that time to splurge a little and enjoy every minute....and we are 67 & 70! Life is too short!! 🍹😎🎉

Thanks everyone. I was all set to buy it then started thinking about my diamond status and the 3 free drinks. Since I’ve been to all of the islands on my cruise, I have decided I will not get off on every stop and therefore more pool lounging time and I few drinks. Nope, won’t be buying package - I probably only drink one or two frozen drinks a day (if that) and a glass of wine at dinner. Will be much cheaper to pay as I go.

Thanks, you guys are great.

This!!! Royal causes this with their kids assume the same tier as their parents policy. I met a couple recently who only brought their teenagers that one time just so that they would be diamond when they cruise on their own if they so desire. And you are right, 80 just isn’t really that much. My daughter is 27 months old and is diamond on her own points but of course is Diamond Plus b/c of us and the policy. I thought they reverted to their points once adults but I thought I read they don’t now and I think that was from bob so that is a very reliable source if it was him that said it.

My wife and I became diamond in pretty short order and really it didn’t take too long for us to make D+. Of course we do cruise a bit but we wouldn’t view ourselves as old by any stretch.

We had a blast when we were gold and still do as D+.

Oh wow! I thought children had same status as parents until an adult and then only acquired the status that they had actually cruised! Wonder when it changed?

Also, I always buy the package, like to relax around the pool in the afternoon with a holiday (vacation) cocktail [emoji484] [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Oh wow! I thought children had same status as parents until an adult and then only acquired the status that they had actually cruised! Wonder when it changed?

Also, I always buy the package, like to relax around the pool in the afternoon with a holiday (vacation) cocktail [emoji484] [emoji16]

It never changed. They retain the status that the parents had when they turners 18 but their points revert back to what they actually earned. Meaning in some cases it may take them forever to move up to the next level.

Diamond checking in who is in her mid-40’s and well onroute to Diamond plus.

No drink package for us. Only time we get it is when it’s included while sailing on celebrity.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We always buy the drink package, not a big fan of what is offered in the Diamond & Conciege lounge. Also the DL and CL are always way too crowded, we’d rather go to a bar with entertainment or music of some type. I like Zacapa rum or Bacardi 8 and DH likes Crown or CC, I can’t handle the silver rum in the free events, taste like lighter fluid, and the wines are horrible. We are mid 60’s and late 50’s we do not day drink, but we do like iced coffees, sodas, & lots of bottled water.

It never changed. They retain the status that the parents had when they turners 18 but their points revert back to what they actually earned. Meaning in some cases it may take them forever to move up to the next level.

Yeah but if parents are D+ they start out as that until they get pinnacle which I’m sure for 99% will never happen. But D+ is an awfully generous status by royal just because you cruised I nice or twice with your D+ parents. Pretty stupid imo opinion and I have kids that will enjoy that status when they become adults unless things change.

We always get drink package even though we have acess to suite and diamond lounge, as already said that will be a 3.5 hour window , another reason is really dislike red wine in lounges . We have a couple of glasses of wine with lunch and dinner, drink by the pool and a couple with shows at night, finally will be diamond plus next cruise which goves us a nice discount.

We buy it, and my husband isn't really what I'd consider a drinker. Even so, especially bundled with the internet package, you're talking "only" 3 - 4 drinks a day to "break even." With a glass of wine at lunch, a cocktail or two by the pool, wine at dinner, a cocktail or two during the evening, a specialty coffee, etc., it's pretty easy for us to justify. We also love just not having to think about it; for us, it makes the vacation seem that much more laid back.

Royal is very generous with status matching for children and spouses - probably more generous than they should be. I'm Diamond on my own merit, but my spouse is Diamond with a grand total of 0 cruise credits.