Cocktails Included on Celebrity Beverage Packages

RobertybobUK

Hi everyone,

We are really looking forward to sampling a few cocktails on our Summit cruise to Bermuda in late April.

The Celebrity website (we are in the UK, so can only access the .co.uk version, which isn't consistent with the main.com version) states:-

"Shaken or stirred, a cooling cocktail made to order goes hand in hand with luxury cruising, so take your pick from our extensive list of 40. The drinks are on us, so splash out with fresh mimosas for an extra special breakfast, refreshing cocktails with lunch (or relaxing by the pool), and your perfect pre or post dinner tipple.

Included: A Day At The Beach • Amaretto Sour • Bahama Mama • Bay Breeze • Bacardi Mojito • Between The Sheets • Black Russian • Bloody Mary • Brandy Alexander • Caipirinha • Cape Cod • Captain’s Mai Tai • Citrus Mojito • Flavoured Daiquiri • Frozen Daiquiri • Gin Fizz • Gin Gimlet • Golden Cadillac • Harvey Wallbanger • Kamikaze • Long Island Iced Tea • Mai Tai • Manhattan • Flavoured Margaritas • Martinis • Mimosa • Mojito • Old Fashioned • Pina • Colada • Pink Lady • Planters Punch • Rum Punch • Rum Runner • Salty Dog • Sea Breeze • Side Car • Sloe Gin Fizz • Sweet Tea Lemonade • Tequila Sunrise • Vodka Sour"

Question 1. Are these based on using branded drinks?

We also found the excellent, very comprehensive lists of Classic and Premium cocktails prepared by another poster and referred to previously on these forums. I've attached them here:-

CC - ClassBeveragePackage.pdf

CC - PremiumDrinkpackage.pdf

We have the classic package.

Question 2. Can anyone confirm that they have successfully used these menus whilst on board and they are accepted by the bar staff without any problems.

I appreciate that these may be based upon the use of 'Generic' or Non Branded spirits and liquors, in order to keep the price below the $9 per serving, which we don't have a problem with.

Question 3. We like the odd Baileys Irish Crème, either on its own or as part of a cocktail. I know that Baileys is now included as part of the Premium package, so would attract the extra charge of the difference in cost only, which I believe is $1 + 18% gratuity, so again, no great problem with this, but do they have a Baileys substitute that doesn't attract the charge. I'd like to try the Mudslide and Buttery Nipple - already a fan of the one called a Screaming Or**sm (why do my favourite drinks have such embarrassing names! :rolleyes:).

Thanks

Q1... I see no reason why they won’t use branded spirits to mix your cocktails if those spirits are listed as included in the classic package.....BUT you may have to specify the brand you would like.

Q2... Same answer.....if the spirits etc required to make up the cocktail are on the classic package they will make it for you.( that’s a great list by the way, I’ve copied it for my next cruise ;);)) ...But we have found some bartenders are much more knowledgeable about cocktail recipes than others.

Q3.... I don’t think there is a Baileys substitute onboard. I personally can’t see why it’s been moved into the Premium package, given that there are so many more expensive spirits etc that are still on the Classic but as you say, it’s only a small upcharge if you want it!

Thanks for the quick reply.

This is our first cruise, so we're on a bit of a learning curve, so this is helpful.

Thanks again.

(N.B. We're coming down to Bristol next week to visit our daughter who's at the Uni there. Small world :))

I have ordered frozen drinks such as Mudslides Frozen Daiquiris in various flavors and Pina Coladas on the Classic Alcohol package. I upgraded to premium for $11.80 per day (includes tax and grats included) last time, but I won't do it again. There are plenty of brands to choose from on the Classic package. You can upgrade during the cruise, so why not try the CAL for a few days to see if it meets your needs?

Edited by Marelaine

They can make almost any drink if you have the Classic pkg. They use their house brands for the Classic pkg., but we never had a drink that we didn't enjoy. We decided not to upgrade to the Premium pkg. If you like Martinis, then you will need to go with the Premium pkg. They aren't included in the Classic.

Unless you're drinking a lot of martinis daily, it's most cost effective to just pay the difference between the classic allowance + 18%. Previously you weren't allowed to pay the difference and had to pay the whole drink cost. Now however, that is an allowable option.

Thanks for the quick reply.

This is our first cruise, so we're on a bit of a learning curve, so this is helpful.

Thanks again.

(N.B. We're coming down to Bristol next week to visit our daughter who's at the Uni there. Small world :))

Love these lists. As an avid CC member and Celebrity cruiser, I thank you for posting them. I've printed them out for our upcoming cruise.

I have found the brands of alcohol on a classic package acceptable for me. I do ask for the brand example: Mai Tai with Capt. Morgan. Martini's are included but there is an up-charge at the Martini bar of $3 + tip. It works for me once in a while. Hubby likes Maker's Mark Manhattans which he will pay the $1 extra also Stella Artois beer $1 extra on our last voyage in Sept.

As others have said, try your classic package for a day or two before upgrading. One up to Three dollars is less than $11 a day depending on your amount of alcoholic consumption. Mini bar is not included.

My favourite cocktail is Agua de Valencia

Basically it’s Cava/Prosecco, Gin and Vodka, fresh orange juice

All 4 ingredients are included in the classic package so would I be able to ask the bar tender if he could make one of these ?

If the bartender isn't too busy he will probably make it for you. But you will need to know the recipe/ratios because chances are they wont know. I have a few cocktails I like and I keep the recipes for them on my phone. I show the bartenders and they usually make a reasonable drink. They free pour everything so don't expect 2 drinks to ever be the same except at the world class bar. I used to ask them, do you know how to make a xxxx? Half the time they say yes and half the time you get something completely different from what you ordered.

One of my favorite drinks use to be a Manhattan and then a BT friend recommended trying and Old Fashion. I now drink them instead.

I will mix it up changing by using different bourbons, Ryes and whiskeys. I learned though on board to ask for a little water or nothing at all and use ice as it will melt. I do that because many will top it off with seltzer or other fizzy type mixer.

Tell your husband to try a Old Fashion with MM. A word of advise is to try different bars and BTs as they will all make every drink different. I had some that made a Fantastic Manhattan and Old Fashion and others that made them not worth drinking. It doesn’t take very long to find the BT that makes it the way that I like and most times when talking to them you will find that they are really passionate about their craft.

Drink up 🍸🍷🍹🍻🥂

One of my favorite drinks use to be a Manhattan and then a BT friend recommended trying and Old Fashion. I now drink them instead.

I will mix it up changing by using different bourbons, Ryes and whiskeys. I learned though on board to ask for a little water or nothing at all and use ice as it will melt. I do that because many will top it off with seltzer or other fizzy type mixer.

Tell your husband to try a Old Fashion with MM. A word of advise is to try different bars and BTs as they will all make every drink different. I had some that made a Fantastic Manhattan and Old Fashion and others that made them not worth drinking. It doesn’t take very long to find the BT that makes it the way that I like and most times when talking to them you will find that they are really passionate about their craft.

Drink up 🍸🍷🍹🍻🥂

MM - my :whiskey-glass: of choice. Assuming we mean the same MM and I can only think of one in the World of Bourbon.

There is a great App “DrinksFree”. It lists hundreds of drinks and variations alphabetically and also gives drinks that you can make with ingredients you have or like. You can also do a search on how to make one.

I use it a lot and came up with many fantastic drinks. Once it is downloaded you don’t need the internet.

Drink Up 🍹🍺🥂🍻🍷🍸

MM - my :whiskey-glass: of choice. Assuming we mean the same MM and I can only think of one in the World of Bourbon.

Bingo

Are you an Ambassador?

If not you should join. It is free and occasionally you get some free cool stuff and invites to parties at their distillery. You also get to put your name on a barrel and when it is ready to be tapped get a chance to buy a bottle.

https://www.makersmark.com/ambassadors

Their website also has drink recipes and many are very good.

Drink up 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

We have had the classic on our last 2 cruises. It covers most all drinks but you can just pay the difference not. The difference is some call brands are not covered. Example is if you want Grey Goose you pay extras.

At the Martini Bar you have to pay $3 extra because they use top shelf to make.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Bingo

Are you an Ambassador?

If not you should join. It is free and occasionally you get some free cool stuff and invites to parties at their distillery. You also get to put your name on a barrel and when it is ready to be tapped get a chance to buy a bottle.

https://www.makersmark.com/ambassadors

Their website also has drink recipes and many are very good.

Drink up 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

A couple of friends told me about it and one even gave me a nice golf towel he got. Slow day today so I'll signup later.

thanks for posting those beverage lists - we have the classic package on our upcoming cruise (our first ever cruise) on Solstice and wife will probably be ordering cocktails every night!

Tell her she shouldn’t wait until the night time.

You need to read my warning about not being able to drink unlimited drinks all day long with the classic bev pack unless you start very early in the morning.

Drink up 🍸🍷🍹🍺🍻🍻

Edited by miched

I'm sure she will start off with a beer or 2 by the pool, then a wine or 2 with dinner, then onto the cocktails later :-)

What!? No Mimosa or Bloody Mary with breakfast? How about bottled water, fresh squeezed juices? Have you forgotten cappuccino and iced coffee concoctions? How will you get through the evening show without a libation? Oh, the hardships!;p

What!? No Mimosa or Bloody Mary with breakfast? How about bottled water, fresh squeezed juices? Have you forgotten cappuccino and iced coffee concoctions? How will you get through the evening show without a libation? Oh, the hardships!;p

Sure hope the Bloody Marys are better on X than Royal. I tried them on FOS a couple of years and they tasted like Heinz ketchup.

oh trust me will make use of the coffees and juices as well - have those for breakfast to wake us up the onto the hard stuff later!! :p

Sure hope the Bloody Marys are better on X than Royal. I tried them on FOS a couple of years and they tasted like Heinz ketchup.

Their bloody mary mix is terrible, that's why I always bring my own Mr & Mrs T's Bold and Spicy and just order a glass of vodka w/ice.

If the bartender isn't too busy he will probably make it for you. But you will need to know the recipe/ratios because chances are they wont know. I have a few cocktails I like and I keep the recipes for them on my phone. I show the bartenders and they usually make a reasonable drink. They free pour everything so don't expect 2 drinks to ever be the same except at the world class bar. I used to ask them, do you know how to make a xxxx? Half the time they say yes and half the time you get something completely different from what you ordered.

Thank you I’ll remember that