fort Lauderdale cruise question

ucbears22

going on a cruise in a couple months that goes out of fort Lauderdale. anyone that has gone out of fort lauderdale, what would be your recommendation for the earliest flight at the end of the cruise? i want to fly out as early as I can on that sunday but not sure what time that should be. thanks

If you will be carrying off your own bags, willing to get in the self-assist line an hour before scheduled arrival, and you are on an Oasis class ship, then I would be OK with a 9:30am flight. If it's not an Oasis class ship, then I'd make that flight time one hour later..

I have flown on of FLL as early as 10:30 but I have TSA pre check and carry my won bags off the ship. It was more than enough time. I could do earlier but there are usually later options for a similar cost so no reason for me to push it much earlier than that. In May our flight leaves at 10:55 and we plan to use the luggage valet service

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service.

I have flown on of FLL as early as 10:30 but I have TSA pre check and carry my won bags off the ship. It was more than enough time. I could do earlier but there are usually later options for a similar cost so no reason for me to push it much earlier than that. In May our flight leaves at 10:55 and we plan to use the luggage valet service

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=luggage_valet_service.

If I remember correctly a 10:55 flight might be too early to use Luggage Valet.

I'd still recommend flights at FLL as early as 10:30-11. Earlier if you take your own bags off.

We had a 9:30am ship coming off Allure- during spring break! It worked out fine- we were at the airport before 8am. That is doing self-debarkation (no luggage valet available).

However, it depends on your ship. Oasis/Allure/Harmony have the dedicated port which is set up to handle masses efficiently. Coming off a smaller RCCL ship it may not be as efficient.

Usually my comfort window is closer to 11am.

Left my cabin on Allure today at 7:45 self carrying bags. I have been sitting in FLL since 8:30. I saw people walking off the ship shortly before 6 AM.

Was there a much of line to get off the ship at that time?

How many want to do the "self-carry" thing varies. Just know you have to be able to handle ALL of your bags yourself...there is no help avail. From Port Everglades to the FLL airport is only about 10 mins. I would be booking a flight around 10:30 am.

Was there a much of line to get off the ship at that time?

No lines anywhere. We were on deck 8. We went down to the Promenade, walked off the ship, into the terminal and right up to a boarder agent. Walk outside and into a van just getting ready to leave. Flying Jet Blue today. Zero lines from entering airport to parking myself in this seat.

No lines anywhere. We were on deck 8. We went down to the Promenade, walked off the ship, into the terminal and right up to a boarder agent. Walk outside and into a van just getting ready to leave. Flying Jet Blue today. Zero lines from entering airport to parking myself in this seat.

Good to hear, thanks and safe travels. Don't know what your destination weather is like, but our weather is not good for travel. Freezing rain.

Good to hear, thanks and safe travels. Don't know what your destination weather is like, but our weather is not good for travel. Freezing rain.

Raining at home with temp in the upper 40's. Was talking to someone on the ship this morning who said they were going home to 10 inches of snow in their driveway.

going on a cruise in a couple months that goes out of fort Lauderdale. anyone that has gone out of fort lauderdale, what would be your recommendation for the earliest flight at the end of the cruise? i want to fly out as early as I can on that sunday but not sure what time that should be. thanks

Hi, for what it is worth, after vacationing in Ft. Lauderdale for a week, we were going through FLL airport TSA security on 2/17/18 at 7:30 am and a family ahead of us was just off of Harmony of the Seas. We were all through security by 7:45 am. The line was not too terribly long.