Are the snacks free?

sydsmom2034

Even though the “snacks” at the coffee shop aren’t free, they are very, very reasonably priced. I don’t remember the exact price for cakes (chocolate, carrot or cheesecake) I do remember less than $5...I’m thinking $2.50 to $3.00. The piece you buy is comparable to a land based restaurant, where you would pay $6 - $10.

When we were in the area of the coffee shop, we had just finished a meal or were on our way to one, so we didn’t get the chance to try any....yet. I’m already making a conscious effort to remedy that in less than 3 months.

The chocolate cake and the cheesecake have been reviewed very highly on these message boards.

Even though the “snacks” at the coffee shop aren’t free, they are very, very reasonably priced. I don’t remember the exact price for cakes (chocolate, carrot or cheesecake) I do remember less than $5...I’m thinking $2.50 to $3.00. The piece you buy is comparable to a land based restaurant, where you would pay $6 - $10.

When we were in the area of the coffee shop, we had just finished a meal or were on our way to one, so we didn’t get the chance to try any....yet. I’m already making a conscious effort to remedy that in less than 3 months.

The chocolate cake and the cheesecake have been reviewed very highly on these message boards.

There's a cruiser who does reviews of their every cruise and he talks about how he had to have the Carrot Cake EVERY night! And his wife loved their Coconut Cake. Like you I'm always too stuffed to eat it when we walk by, but I agree that the prices I've heard seem really reasonable, especially for the size of the serving.

John Heald wrote in mornings some items are free at the shop. I never found them.

I believe the free items are croissants and pastries which are put out at breakfast time only 😊 Like others have said I’ve never got around to having cake there, but they look amazing!

I believe the free items are croissants and pastries which are put out at breakfast time only 😊 Like others have said I’ve never got around to having cake there, but they look amazing!

You are right about the free croissants and pastries at breakfast. Same things you'd get on Lido but they are still enjoyable with a coffee.

We have had the chocolate covered strawberries (YUM!), the cheesecake (was just ok, honestly was a little disappointed), and carrot cake (pretty good). I think they have chocolate cake too and we have yet to try it.

That's good. My wife was concerned that Cheesecake was only offered once on the latest menus I saw for our cruise. I am a big carrot cake guy so works out.

I know there are a few things that are free since I vaguely remember being surprised that they were.

My wife wanted one of the specialty coffees and I believe it was a pastry or croissant that she got with it and it was free.

We stood there after we realized that and asked what was free and what had a price. (there was no one behind us, so we weren't holding up a line or anything).

Unfortunately it was last year and I couldn't tell you what items or even how many were free.

But it is definitely worth asking!

On the Breeze the last two weeks, cheesecake was offered many days on Lido and was much better than I have had on previous cruises. It was even served cold enough as well. I haven’t had the coffee shop cheesecake though, so Lido cheesecake my not really compare. I enjoyed it though.

You are right about the free croissants and pastries at breakfast. Same things you'd get on Lido but they are still enjoyable with a coffee.

We have had the chocolate covered strawberries (YUM!), the cheesecake (was just ok, honestly was a little disappointed), and carrot cake (pretty good). I think they have chocolate cake too and we have yet to try it.

We’ve found the room service chocolate cake is the best on the ship, even better than anything on Chocolate buffet lunch.