Luminae guests

cruisnuts

We are cruising with two of our daughters and their spouses in April on Summit. My husband and I are in a suite and our family is in Aqua Class. Since our dining room in Luminae and theirs is Blu I was wondering if there is an option to have them as our guests in Luminae and visa versa. If anyone has any advice I would appreciate it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes it my understanding that you can all eat in Blu(providing there is room) for no fee. They can join you in Luminae but will have to pay a fee. You can order off the Blu and Luminaee while dinning in the Luminae. But I am not sure if you can order off the Luminae while dinning at the Blu.

Yes it my understanding that you can all eat in Blu(providing there is room) for no fee. They can join you in Luminae but will have to pay a fee. You can order off the Blu and Luminaee while dinning in the Luminae. But I am not sure if you can order off the Luminae while dinning at the Blu.

Yes I just ask today. $30 p/p

I asked about this when I booked our cruise as I was looking at a non suite for my daughter and her husband. Suite Guests are automatically set as Select Dining for MDR but can request one of the set seating time if desired with other travel companions. However if you ALL want to eat at Luminea, it is treated as a specialty restaurant upcharge for any guests not in a suite.

I asked about this when I booked our cruise as I was looking at a non suite for my daughter and her husband. While I thought suite guests were designated to Laminae, I found out that Laminae is available to suite guests in addition to MDR. Suite Guests are automatically set as Select Dining for MDR but can request one of the set seating times if desired with other travel companions. However if you ALL want to eat at Luminea, it is treated as a specialty restaurant upcharge for any guests not in a suite.

I asked about this when I booked our cruise as I was looking at a non suite for my daughter and her husband. Suite Guests are automatically set as Select Dining for MDR but can request one of the set seating time if desired with other travel companions. However if you ALL want to eat at Luminea, it is treated as a specialty restaurant upcharge for any guests not in a suite.

Suite guests are automatically assigned to dine in Luminae, not the MDR. Luminae does not have fixed dining times.

retiredcruiser wrote:

"Suite Guests are automatically set as Select Dining for MDR but can request one of the set seating time if desired with other travel companions."

Unfortunately you were misinformed. Suite guests do not have any MDR assignment, neither Select or Fixed Traditional. Your dining room is Luminae, which is always open seating. There is sometimes a confusion when Luminae see a set dining time on their reservation. This is an artifact of Celebrity's booking system. It does not mean that there is a table assignment for you in the MDR.

Think about it, Suite guests already have a table in Luminae. Celebrity are not keeping tables open for them in the MDR as well; that would be a duplication and would mean that those who are assigned the MDR would not have tables for them -- the MDR is not that big!

retiredcruiser wrote:

"Suite Guests are automatically set as Select Dining for MDR but can request one of the set seating time if desired with other travel companions."

Unfortunately you were misinformed. Suite guests do not have any MDR assignment, neither Select or Fixed Traditional. Your dining room is Luminae, which is always open seating. There is sometimes a confusion when Luminae see a set dining time on their reservation. This is an artifact of Celebrity's booking system. It does not mean that there is a table assignment for you in the MDR.

Think about it, Suite guests already have a table in Luminae. Celebrity are not keeping tables open for them in the MDR as well; that would be a duplication and would mean that those who are assigned the MDR would not have tables for them -- the MDR is not that big!

Since the daughters in the OPs group is in Aqua with Blu, the same holds true. Blu is their assigned dining room and they do not have an assigned seat in the MDR.

Yes I just ask today. $30 p/p

If you are in a suite you can bring guests to Luminae and dine for a fee for breakfast ($10pp) and lunch ($20pp) in addition to dinner ($30pp). We did this last summer with our family on Connie. Set it up in advance with the Maitre D' as at times Luminae is crowded so you might need to book a time to come in with non-suite guests.

retiredcruiser wrote:

What you describe is exactly what I thought on our prior Celebrity 7 Cruises. But we have now sailed twice in RS with dinner in MDR early dining. We eat at Luminae a few nights and then join our table of 10 other nights.

Once we were traveling with other couples that were not in a suite and we wanted to dine together without paying the per person per meal up charge. The other time we were traveling just the two of us and found on previous cruises that it was lots of fun to meet people with seating at tables of 10. We have made some good friends as a result of the MDR.