Past Guest Party

crisp1

One of the things we like doing is meeting up with friends before going to the party so that we can socialize during it. On the Caribbean Princess last August, it was with our tablemates. They taught us the trick of asking for whatever we wanted to drink. I'll probably stick with a glass of wine, since the waiters now seem to carry them around and I can get one quicker.

The problem with ordering a drink they are not carrying is that they have to go back to the bar to get it - and sometimes that takes a long time.

A friend of our asked one of the waiters for something not carried on her tray last cruise in Dec & was outright flatly refused.

I would have asked another waiter.

She'll sit with us next cruise. ;)

The ordering-your-own-drink discussion is all well and good

I just want to know where the OP got the idea that the party is no longer. From his history in his signature he is at least Platinum so should be invited to the standard Captains Circle party, not the quickie alternative in the theater.

So why the one sentence hit-and-run of an obviously unsubstantiated claim?

It is called Captain's Circle party and is attended by Platinum and Elite Members.

On every cruise there is this party unless you are on the small 3 or 4 day cruises, then it isn't done.

There is something for repeaters at the lower levels too but don't know happens at those parties.

I’ve been to two of the lower level “parties”. There was music, some introductions of staff and everyone received a voucher for a free drink to be used anytime during the cruise on the way out. I liked receiving the voucher to use when I wanted vs. just passed drinks in the afternoon or morning.