Past Guest Party

crisp1

Not sure why you would say that. There were several of them on our last cruise depending on your loyalty level. We last sailed in October/November of 2017. We each had a couple of drinks at the "event" and I even tried one of their pre-made drinks for a change as I had never had a Pimms and they had one on the tray. It was interesting and reasonably good and I had wanted to try it for quite some time. Normally I ask for a "regular" drink such as a gin and tonic or something rather than taking one of the pre-made drinks.

It is called Captain's Circle party and is attended by Platinum and Elite Members.

On every cruise there is this party unless you are on the small 3 or 4 day cruises, then it isn't done.

There is something for repeaters at the lower levels too but don't know happens at those parties.

CC Party is where you drink for free, Listen to the Captain, Honor the most traveled, Hope not to win a bottle of Champagne, get kicked out just when it's getting fun. Not necessarily in that order.

The lower level Party is in the theater and maybe you get a drink voucher when you leave.

On the Royal Princess in December, we met folks who had attended the lower level event in the theater. They received a drink voucher. We still had the regular Captains Circle event in the Vista Lounge on the second formal night. It was limited to Platinum and Elite passengers. More than half the passengers on the cruise were Platinum or Elite.

When we took 3- and 4-day cruises, we received vouchers instead of there being a party.

On the Carribean Princess Panama Canal cruise last month, the Captain's Circle party was for Ruby, Platinum, and Elite - not just Platinum and Elite. I guess they didn't have as many Platinums and Elites on that cruise.

Even though I had the PBP, I still had a couple of drinks there. Since those drinks were not charged, that raised my limit that day to 17.:)

Last one we went to in December, the usual drinks with a small container of dry snacks/nuts scattered around every 4th seat or one per table. That was for Platinum and Elites. I heard that the one they had for less-travelled cruisers included the usual drinks and actual appetizer type offerings. This was on our Panama Canal cruise and our guess was that they were trying to drum up new business??

I was on the Caribbean Princess in January for a 14 day cruise. They had the Captain’s repeaters party for the Platinum and Elite passengers and the Captain did not show up. :rolleyes: Can you still call it the Captain’s party? He must have thought I was going to represent him..:o

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

There is something for repeaters at the lower levels too but don't know happens at those parties.

The event for the lower level repeaters is usually held in the theatre. They make a couple of speeches, draw out one invitation of a lucky cabin who will receive suite perks for the rest of the cruise, and everyone gets a certificate for a free drink that they can use during the duration of the cruise. No, you can't save it till the next cruise. It is rather a "great big nothing" unless you are the cabin that wins the perks.

We do the 7 day or longer cruises and have always had a Captain's Circle party for RPE pax. They serve alcohol and hors d'oeuvres at the party. We go to see who the top 3 cruisers are and how many days they have sailed on Princess. We have never won the bottles of champagne but that is no loss. We were on one cruise this past year and the captain did not appear. We heard he was rather anti-social. On another cruise last year the captain did show up but would not shake hands so we did a quick head bow to each other. We were warned ahead of time. I would prefer this over shaking hands these days.

Last one we went to in December, the usual drinks with a small container of dry snacks/nuts scattered around every 4th seat or one per table. That was for Platinum and Elites. I heard that the one they had for less-travelled cruisers included the usual drinks and actual appetizer type offerings. This was on our Panama Canal cruise and our guess was that they were trying to drum up new business??

We had the same type of container with snacks/nuts at the captain's Circle party in January on the Caribbean Princess. No appetizers for elites/platinum but the drinks were free flowing and one could request the beverage of one's choice. The Captain showed up and greeted everyone at the door.

I was on the Caribbean Princess in January for a 14 day cruise. They had the Captain’s repeaters party for the Platinum and Elite passengers and the Captain did not show up. :rolleyes: Can you still call it the Captain’s party? He must have thought I was going to represent him..:o

Tony

Tony, you would have done a great job!

Diane

We stopped going to those Princess Captain's reception...it's always at the most inconvenient times, n we don't care for their drinks. Holland America has a proper luncheon for repeat cruisers, n we got a delft tile with the ship on it.

we did have a friend who won elite status for the duration of the cruise...which we've never heard of before. So they got laundry done, n the few sample bottles of liquor, n mini bar set up.

We stopped going to those Princess Captain's reception...it's always at the most inconvenient times, n we don't care for their drinks..

Me too, many cruises ago!

I remember when there was a real receiving line, with a white-gloved staff person presenting and introducing the guests to the Captain. Nowadays, it is a farce. Captain does not care to be introduced to me, and I reciprocate!

We stopped going to those Princess Captain's reception...it's always at the most inconvenient times, n we don't care for their drinks. Holland America has a proper luncheon for repeat cruisers, n we got a delft tile with the ship on it.

we did have a friend who won elite status for the duration of the cruise...which we've never heard of before. So they got laundry done, n the few sample bottles of liquor, n mini bar set up.

We order whatever we want to drink, I was only turned down when I asked for a triple Vodka on the rocks. (Double were fine)

Last week on the Grand party was rather boring and appeared they forgot to put any alcohol in the rum punch.

Most traveled was over 2000 days at sea. Wow

I usually order a "regular" drink such as a gin and tonic. You aren't limited to the weird pre-mixed drinks they offer. Just ask for something else.

I usually order a "regular" drink such as a gin and tonic. You aren't limited to the weird pre-mixed drinks they offer. Just ask for something else.

My experience too...

Thrak...you seem to reply to same threads as I read so just wondering (and for months now)...what does "Thrak" mean??? :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: Aice

My experience too...

Thrak...you seem to reply to same threads as I read so just wondering (and for months now)...what does "Thrak" mean??? :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: Aice

It's a long story and not really very interesting. I was Thrak when I wasted 3.5 years of my life playing Dark Age of Camelot online (anywhere from 1 - 16 hours per day). I kept the name Thrak when I started Geocaching (I thought I'd change it later but it was short and easy to sign in a small log book so I stuck with it) and then when I needed a name for Cruise Critic I just kept with the same name. It has absolutely nothing to do with King Crimson (which is what people seem to assume) and actually comes out of of something my oldest son misheard in the animated TV show The Tick. I won't go into the full story as, like I said, it really isn't very interesting. :p

The problem with ordering a drink they are not carrying is that they have to go back to the bar to get it - and sometimes that takes a long time.

The problem with ordering a drink they are not carrying is that they have to go back to the bar to get it - and sometimes that takes a long time.

NavyVeteran,

If you want a better drink give the waiter a good $$$ and watch how fast he comes back and the drinks are way better. It’s been working for me for years...:):):)

Tony

It's a long story and not really very interesting. I was Thrak when I wasted 3.5 years of my life playing Dark Age of Camelot online (anywhere from 1 - 16 hours per day). I kept the name Thrak when I started Geocaching (I thought I'd change it later but it was short and easy to sign in a small log book so I stuck with it) and then when I needed a name for Cruise Critic I just kept with the same name. It has absolutely nothing to do with King Crimson (which is what people seem to assume) and actually comes out of of something my oldest son misheard in the animated TV show The Tick. I won't go into the full story as, like I said, it really isn't very interesting. :p

Awe, I thought it might be game related...my sons, age 29 and 37 played all those games...but I bought the game machines! LOL My oldest still plays way too much but since he works in the field he gets paid to do it now! Thanks Thrak!