Grapevines Wine Tasting - do the wines change?

meab

Thanks! It’s been a few years since I’ve been on Princess. Even though I liked it the first time around, no need to repeat if it’s the same offerings!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Last time I went I was the person in position to get the last pour and ended up with less than half of what everyone else had. Since I got it for free I saw no point in complaining. Overall the pours were much less that other land based tastings. Nothing that impressed me enough to seek out that wine. But it was a pleasant way to spend some time, with interesting company.

The wines tend to be the same but probably change over time as some become hard to get. The wine is mostly of the inexpensive type. The talk differs somewhat depending on the ship and presenters but basically the same. It is a nice hour and we enjoy talking to the others at our table. Best of all it is free as I would not pay for it.

We were on the Regal the week after thanksgiving and the wines were different. No Nobilo, but Sanctuary Chardonnay instead. Sorry, I don't remember what the other wines were.

I remember the Sanctuary because I enjoyed it in Vines on the Caribbean Princess. But did not enjoy it during the wine tasting.

Really, none of the wines made me sit up and take notice.

We stopped going when the free shot glasses disappeared. I thought all the wine was lousy anyway, so why go now?

Maybe for the cheese & crackers?:D

Cheese and crackers? Ha ha. You mean the 3 little cubes of cheese and one cellophane package of crackers.

I usually go to the free wine tastings each time I cruise.. I have not found that the same wines are being repeated from cruise to cruise.

In addition to liking the opportunity to sample several wines, I enjoy hearing the info about the wines that is provided by various dining staff members.