cruise practically full 2 years in advance

daisy706

I am looking at the Freedom of the Seas January 26, 2020 and all of the balcony cabins are gone except for 3 handicap balconies. I talked to RCCL and they said yes, it was booked. How can this be? I googled for a group that has chartered it or has a large group going and found nothing. Any input?

Well we booked a Celebrity cruise in 2018 for 2020 day it opened. Got last room in our catagory choice 12minutes after posted. Happens. Also prior to non-refundable deposits many people booked multi cruises when they opened, they narrowed down and dumped them close to final payment.

You know, it probably is a group. I know for a fact that there are 3 different country music themed cruises that always sail on Royal Caribbean during this time frame and they probably have them reserved in a group for that particular cruise. They don't book them up, because they won't open until this time next year for those people going on that cruise with that group, but they have them blocked off about 3 years in advance. The "reserve" a certain number of each category for these cruises because they know that they will be booked up.

We have a nice hump balcony booked for that week. I've noticed the same lack of cabins now when trying to price check. It will be interesting to see what if any information comes out on this. It does sound odd that almost no cabins are available 2 years out.

Since I looked this morning at least 4 of the junior suites are now gone. I have cruised many times before and have never seen a ship booked so far in advance. If it is a group why don't they close it to all others who may try to book? I don't want to cruise with a group of 4200 group members and then me! Also - what does it mean if a cabin category is closed vs. waitlisted?

Since I looked this morning at least 4 of the junior suites are now gone. I have cruised many times before and have never seen a ship booked so far in advance. If it is a group why don't they close it to all others who may try to book? I don't want to cruise with a group of 4200 group members and then me! Also - what does it mean if a cabin category is closed vs. waitlisted?

Closed means that they are not accepting bookings or deposits. For waitlisted cabins they still allow you to put a deposit down in the chance that a cabin may become available.