Recs needed for brand of flat iron or curling iron that works on the ship.

sherin65

Last year on Oasis of the Seas, my Paul Mitchel flat/straightening iron wouldn't work. Other items worked in the outlets but I guess it wanted to draw too much power. It worked fine when I returned home.

Does anyone have a flat iron or curling iron that worked on board? If so, please give me the brand name so i can pick one up. We will be on Symphony of the Seas in May and I need find something that will work.

Sheryl

I don't have the brand name handy right now, but my wife bought one that works on 110-240V, so that it can be used on the Euro outlet on the ship with a US adapter. That has turned out to be useful as it leaves the US outlets open for other uses.

I've never had a problem with mine and over the years I have had a couple different brands. When I was in Barcelona and staying post cruise for 5 nights, I bought a euro model flat iron, same brand as my American one, but with 220 plug. Now I take that on cruises with me and we have the 110 plugs open for other items.

Never had a problem. Sailed numerous ships with different appliances - Conair, Revlon, Vidal Sasoon, etc. Are you sure you had appliance set to the voltage you were using? If a hair appliance didn't work I would have asked for help from maintenance to find out why.

Same here. It's like a prerequisite to a cruise that we have a hair dryer and/or flat iron that dies at home just before we leave. We make a quick trip to Wal-Mart and grab one and have never worried about the brand. They've always worked on the ship.

... Does anyone have a flat iron or curling iron that worked on board? If so, please give me the brand name so i can pick one up. We will be on Symphony of the Seas in May and I need find something that will work.

Sheryl

My wife tells me she has a flat iron from HSI Professional. This works on both the US and Euro (with US adapter) outlets.

Last year on Oasis of the Seas, my Paul Mitchel flat/straightening iron wouldn't work. Other items worked in the outlets but I guess it wanted to draw too much power. It worked fine when I returned home.

Does anyone have a flat iron or curling iron that worked on board? If so, please give me the brand name so i can pick one up. We will be on Symphony of the Seas in May and I need find something that will work.

Sheryl

Had the same experience with a Paul Mitchell iron once on the Allure or Oasis. Been on both so don't remember. It worked at the beginning of the week, but then quit. Worked once home also.

We just cruised on the Oasis in January 2018 and also 2017. Had no issue. Think I should have called maintenance. I have a mini Chi that I also carry in case I run into this.