Party of 8 reservations... to a 9?

offtopic

So I was traveling with a group of 8 for an upcoming Getaway 7 night cruise, but now another person decided to come and will be staying alone in a studio. The issue is that we made reservations almost every night (3 in specialty restaurants and 3 in MDR's) for 8 people, but now we actually have 9.

Additionally, if we were to go modify the reservations, there isn't even an option for 9, only 8 at most places and one of the MDR's 10.

What do we do? We obviously want to eat at the specialty dining restaurants we booked (as we have the 3-night dining perk added to all our rooms) and don't want to have to break into smaller groups.

We have the same issue, made all the reservations and someone booked last minute. I’m hoping that if we go to the restaurant once onboard they can make the changes there or will be able to squeeze us in.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is pretty common to see 6's dressed as 9's .

But in this situation , if one person is small or light (or a hottie) , someone may be willing to let that person sit on their lap , so seating for 8 may still work out.

We had a group of ten. I'd received bad advice; I'd been told to reserve some 6's and some4's on two different staterooms. But then in some cases couldn't get them close enough. Upon embarkation I went to dining table (set up outside Le Bistro) and she laboriously found me all new reservations (unlimited specialty dining at the time so we had 6 SD and 1 MDR). Problem was we ended up having to eat far earlier or later than I wanted to. I honestly don't know how to get goo reservation times for a group larger than 8!!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

please do not show up that night and expect to squeeze an extra person in. your table of 8 will be set up and waiting for you. its not always simple/easy to just "squeeze in an extra chair". this causes havoc with the hostess and restaurant staff when peopel do this.

i would go to restaurant reservations as soon as you board and get them to assist you.

I would call and change the number on your reservations. It isn't easy to go from a table for 8 to 9; it will be very crowded. If you don't want to call (which I strongly suggest), go right to restaurant reservations desk immediately upon embarkation and hopefully they can make the change.

All good advice, but you should make if more fun and exciting , to make it a real memorable cruise .

I suggest all 9 of you show up at the table for 8, and have a round of musical chairs , to see who will get to eat dinner that night .

The slowest person that is left out , would probably benefit from a bit less food for the day anyways, and have some extra spring in their step at the next meal.

So I was traveling with a group of 8 for an upcoming Getaway 7 night cruise, but now another person decided to come and will be staying alone in a studio. The issue is that we made reservations almost every night (3 in specialty restaurants and 3 in MDR's) for 8 people, but now we actually have 9.

Additionally, if we were to go modify the reservations, there isn't even an option for 9, only 8 at most places and one of the MDR's 10.

What do we do? We obviously want to eat at the specialty dining restaurants we booked (as we have the 3-night dining perk added to all our rooms) and don't want to have to break into smaller groups.

We had same issue for Escape in October. We went straight to headliners upon boarding and they converted all the tables from 8 to 9. Some times changed a bit (+- 15/30 minutes) but it all worked out great. Piece of cake. Line up early then head to wherever they do dinner reservations on the getaway.