Crown Princess Problem

mellon1

FYI--been on since 1/28 and on until 3/3 and booked Sanctuary for that time (34 days X $30). The Sanctuary pool has not been open except for a total of 3 days during the entire time (even though weather was good and we were in port--I can understand rough waters them being closed, but they empty them totally). One of the middle pools is not open either this cruise. Every excuse given as to why Sanctuary pool is not open. No water in pool either!

There is also a sewer smell which comes and goes. It also was in our room and in areas throughout the ship. I have tape over our bar sink in the room, as the chemical they put down there is overwhelming.

Just putting this out there for those of you going on the Crown. We love Princess and this is not the norm. Never had this on any cruise EVER...something is definitely not right.

Oh, we have the new bed and they are replacing them each week.

Internet is very slow so I will try to answer questions when we get home.

Other than that, ship is nice, dining staff, Sabatini, Crown Grille, Sanctuary Staff, room steward and club class all first class. No issues there.

I sure hope you've spoken to management about the Sanctuary Pool being closed that long? It should would impair your enjoyment of The Sanc. area. You're right - this is not the norm, so what is the problem? I would get down to the bottom of it if I were you. Maybe you could gracefully ask the Captain next time you see him around?

The Lotus Spa pool is open to all, not considered part of The Sanctuary. If you have been using the absence of that pool as an argument towards your Sanctuary experience being diminished it will fall on deaf ears. Though I am not sure whether "the pool has not been open except for three days" simply means there is no swimming or that the entire surrounding deck is closed.

So not happy to hear this since I get on the ship on Sunday! After all the cruises on the Regal I was looking forward to being back on the Crown for a change.

As another poster stated, that pool isn't part of the Sanctuary and is open to everyone. It's just the pool closest to the Sanctuary. I'm hoping to get seats there so my husband won't be happy to hear that the closest pool is closed!

Any reason why one of the other pools is closed?

I sure hope you've spoken to management about the Sanctuary Pool being closed that long? It should would impair your enjoyment of The Sanc. area. You're right - this is not the norm, so what is the problem? I would get down to the bottom of it if I were you. Maybe you could gracefully ask the Captain next time you see him around?

We have talked to someone who is an officer. Others have complained to him on the first 2 cruises with us. Nothing done. I feel they are not telling us the truth. First, it was the filter had to be changed so they emptied the pool, then they painted the entire pool after that, still no water. They filled it and it was green so had to wait a day, next day clear and they emptied it, HMMMMMM??? etc. etc. etc. Others have said there is a leak underneath, this is what they were told. Just talked with that officer yesterday, as I was really mad, 3 days in port and no pool. He told us that those 2 pools could not be filled in rough seas due to the ship not balancing....that is bull, an engineer designs the ship so water CAN be in the pools, so we told him that. He said that it is too expensive then to fill the water and let it out due to environmental issues. No one us going to tell us the truth and it has pretty much ruined our cruise, as I cannot be in Sanctuary much as it is too hot. Today, we had a message that next cruise the pool should be open. We have been told it would be open this cruise and still no water. The spa is also locking the doors going in from the lower spa pool. Spoke with manager about that, as you have to walk all the way to mid ship and down stairs. People were quite upset. Some older trying to do stairs and then door is locked. He said he told them not to lock all the doors.

Have no idea what else to do. The captain was @ Sanctuary and knows the pool is not open. Someone else said that the bridge determines if water is in the pool. Who knows???!!

I did hear that on previous cruises before us Sanctuary pool was open and no problem. So something is fishy here.

So not happy to hear this since I get on the ship on Sunday! After all the cruises on the Regal I was looking forward to being back on the Crown for a change.

As another poster stated, that pool isn't part of the Sanctuary and is open to everyone. It's just the pool closest to the Sanctuary. I'm hoping to get seats there so my husband won't be happy to hear that the closest pool is closed!

They said weather, but 3 days in port and nice weather, no rough seas during those 3 days. Other pool in middle and back are open...don't understand it.

Right, some were told to go to the other pools....yeah, walk to middle of ship and back up to the Sanctuary. How relaxing.

The Lotus Spa pool is open to all, not considered part of The Sanctuary. If you have been using the absence of that pool as an argument towards your Sanctuary experience being diminished it will fall on deaf ears. Though I am not sure whether "the pool has not been open except for three days" simply means there is no swimming or that the entire surrounding deck is closed.

Usually that area is packed...maybe 1 person there, sometimes 2. I realize the Sanctuary is not part of the spa pool; however, I don't think they would put the Sanctuary somewhere a pool was not. No one would book it.

Lots of open seats as there is no pool available.

There is no “Sanctuary pool” on the Crown so I’m confused as to what the problem could be.

Pools are closed if the seas are rough or there’s contamination. In spite of the rule that children cannot be in the pool in swim diapers, people do it anyway. When a pool is contaminated, it has to be closed, cleaned and refilled.

Usually that area is packed...maybe 1 person there, sometimes 2. I realize the Sanctuary is not part of the spa pool; however, I don't think they would put the Sanctuary somewhere a pool was not. No one would book it.

On Island Princess they removed the nearby splash pool when the Sanctuary was expanded. But the butchery of Island is the exception that proves a lot of rules.

I appreciate you coming back to clarify. Being told that the pools are roped off due to the weather conditions when anyone with eyes can see it is fine out is unfortunately par for the course. But locking doors to that outside deck for no reason crosses the line.

There is no “Sanctuary pool” on the Crown so I’m confused as to what the problem could be.

Pools are closed if the seas are rough or there’s contamination. In spite of the rule that children cannot be in the pool in swim diapers, people do it anyway. When a pool is contaminated, it has to be closed, cleaned and refilled.

Pam, if anyone would know you would. It is just the pool close to eh Sanctuary which the people booking Sanctuary use.

Pool was open today @ 11:30 because we complained so much and are on for 2 more cruises. I asked pool guy if it would be open tomorrow and he said no not until @ least 11:00.

A lot of very very unhappy people. We usually never have an issue. This is the first ship we have experienced this problem.

On Island Princess they removed the nearby splash pool when the Sanctuary was expanded. But the butchery of Island is the exception that proves a lot of rules.

I appreciate you coming back to clarify. Being told that the pools are roped off due to the weather conditions when anyone with eyes can see it is fine out is unfortunately par for the course. But locking doors to that outside deck for no reason crosses the line.

Today in the pool, many of the older people were calling the spa girls, B****es. Many have problems doing the stairs and they were saying the spa girls could see them and were pointing their finger up, like to walk up the stairs and over to use bathroom by other pools. They were very upset.

Today the doors were not locked. The Asst. Maiter D told the Sanctuary Stewards to let him know if those doors are locked again as they should not be.

They said weather, but we were in port and it was not rocky at all.

If it was contaminated, it was never refilled again until today @ 11:30 am

We board tomorrow and I'll be heading up the sanctuary asap hoping to get seats for the sea days. Fingers crossed that we get them and that the pool is open.

I've never seen those doors locked and we have sailed on the Crown often and always do a weekly pass. Hopefully they will remain open and the pool will be filled.

it must be something to do with that specific pool. I was on the Crown feb 2-10. never did use that pool by the sanctuary and spa but did see it was empty at least 3 days is not more. But bothbig pools up on Lido deck and the aft pool were all open all the time every day.

If all you want is loungers in the pool area, it should be a LOT easier if the pool is closed.

Also, unless they're painting or doing restoration on the pool, the hot tubs are usually open. We've had that happen on more than one cruise...pool closed, hot tubs open.

I've never seen those doors locked and we have sailed on the Crown often and always do a weekly pass. Hopefully they will remain open and the pool will be filled.

They don't usually lock the doors, on one of our cruises they were refinishing the surface of the pool (very messy) and they put up barrier tapes, but the doors weren't locked.

We board tomorrow and I'll be heading up the sanctuary asap hoping to get seats for the sea days. Fingers crossed that we get them and that the pool is open.

We never experienced this either, nor others I spoke with onboard. The spa manager is new and has been notified to KEEP @ least one door open at all times.

Very strange that they are not telling what is really going on. Wonder why?

I know...everyone is saying that. A lot of happy faces that the pool was open for 1/2 day on the last day of the cruise. Really doesn't take much to make passengers happy, especially me, as that is where I spend my day at Sanctuary and in pool. Really don't do ports much been there done that.

If all you want is loungers in the pool area, it should be a LOT easier if the pool is closed.

Also, unless they're painting or doing restoration on the pool, the hot tubs are usually open. We've had that happen on more than one cruise...pool closed, hot tubs open.

Been days hot tubs closed too. All the loungers were available as it was soooooo HOT it was unbearable to be in the sun. Everyone likes to refresh in the pool. Even Sanctuary was not filled as usual due to the pool issue.