Ocean medallion comments?

RotaryMike

*****??? Princess can’t get it to work properly yet :o Sorry Mike.

Tony

I just talked to Princess, as we have an ***** room on the Regal for transatlantic in April. She said for the couple hundred cabins that have it, it’s fully functioning!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just talked to Princess, as we have an ***** room on the Regal for transatlantic in April. She said for the couple hundred cabins that have it, it’s fully functioning!

Great news!:D

Hopefully, they'll start making it active on the other ships soon. We have a Royal cruise booked in March 2019. The medallion was on the website when we booked and when they started having problems, the medallion went away.:(

The ***** works for those that have it. There were problems at first but they seen to have fixed them as the complaints on cc has decreased and the positive comments increased. Princess announced that they would not spread it to other ships until the Regal is fully functional.

The ***** works for those that have it. There were problems at first but they seen to have fixed them as the complaints on cc has decreased and the positive comments increased. Princess announced that they would not spread it to other ships until the Regal is fully functional.

Do you mean it now does all that was promised** for it or that they finally got it to open cabin door locks, check you off of and onto the ship, and let you make purchases around the ship.

** examples:

Unlock your cabin door when approaching it without having to place it on the lock or a screen.

Have a drink (ordered via a digital device) delivered to you anywhere you are on the ship.

Allow you to locate (using a digital device) a family member who is elsewhere on the ship.

etc.

Great news!:D

Hopefully, they'll start making it active on the other ships soon. We have a Royal cruise booked in March 2019. The medallion was on the website when we booked and when they started having problems, the medallion went away.:(

We’re on the Royal in May 2019 and received an email in December that ***** will not be on our cruise.

1) Ocean MedallionTM

The creation of Ocean Medallion Vacations is an all-encompassing project that is currently being activated onboard another Princess ship. We had hoped to have it launched in time for your cruise aboard Royal Princess. However, we have identified refinements and enhancements that require more time for us to fully realize our aspirations to elevate the guest experience by way of this new technology. We hope you’ll experience Ocean Medallion on a future cruise with Princess. We apologize for any disappointment this news may cause for you.

Apparently they’re notifying passengers long before sailing instead of closer to sailing & providing benefits for failing to provide ***** as promised.

The reports posted here by actual passengers, seem to differ from the 'fully functioning' party line.

:rolleyes:

Do you mean it now does all that was promised** for it or that they finally got it to open cabin door locks, check you off of and onto the ship, and let you make purchases around the ship.

** examples:

Unlock your cabin door when approaching it without having to place it on the lock or a screen.

Have a drink (ordered via a digital device) delivered to you anywhere you are on the ship.

Allow you to locate (using a digital device) a family member who is elsewhere on the ship.

etc.

s

I asked if it was doing everything promised:

Opening door when approaching

Locating our friends anywhere on the ship

Ordering a drink ahead of time to be waiting

Making purchases onboard

Easy boarding, disembarking......

She said it was doing all of the above! She could be lying, I won’t know until I board in mid April....then I’ll let everyone know first hand!

Hi All,

Does anyone have any idea of which cabins currently have the ***** working? We are on the Regal in December '18 and just wondering. We are in cabin B420.

Thanks!

I searched & couldn’t locate the posts but it’s been posted that cabins are being added based on their muster station group.

I was soooooooooo looking forward to trying out the Medallion on our March 18 cruise on CB. Obviously that went by the wayside when they found out they didn't have a clue as to implementation. Someday...

Hi All,

Does anyone have any idea of which cabins currently have the ***** working? We are on the Regal in December '18 and just wondering. We are in cabin B420.

Thanks!

Per information on other ***** thread - Baja 301-336, Marina 201-243, Lido 201-302. Caribe 336 and 337 were added later.

Hopefully by December everything will be working. Maybe ... :D

I was soooooooooo looking forward to trying out the Medallion on our March 18 cruise on CB. Obviously that went by the wayside when they found out they didn't have a clue as to implementation. Someday...

We were a little disappointed, too. We thought trying it out would be an interesting experiment..hoping someday soon we will get to give it a whirl...

Forget the other ships, we can’t even find out what the progress is on the Regal. Our April 15th TA is still being advertised and sold as an “Ocean Medallion Voyage”. Sailings before that are described as Ocean Medallion Previews”. There are some staterooms which are allegedly ***** but Princess won’t say which ones. Current passengers are walking the corridors and posting observed numbers but Princess does not want its customers to know what is going on.

Current passengers are walking the corridors and posting observed numbers but Princess does not want its customers to know what is going on.

I don't think it's that nefarious.

My opinion: Princess has no clue what is going on. They can hardly advise passengers...

Forget the other ships, we can’t even find out what the progress is on the Regal. Our April 15th TA is still being advertised and sold as an “Ocean Medallion Voyage”. Sailings before that are described as Ocean Medallion Previews”. There are some staterooms which are allegedly ***** but Princess won’t say which ones. Current passengers are walking the corridors and posting observed numbers but Princess does not want its customers to know what is going on.

We are on the same cruise as you, April 15th TA Regal Princess. With that said we are not in an ***** room as listed. Spoke to Princess yesterday about the ***** progress, our cruise is now an "***** Preview cruise" now and that ALL Regal cruises are that way through the Spring and all other ships have been put on hold for ***** until they can get Regal 100% working.

The rep offered to move us to an ***** room, I turned it down because we like our room where we're at. We fly back to CPH in Sept. for the TA returning to NYC and the goal is to have the Regal 100% by then. So while we were talking I ask is there OBC or something in lieu of no ***** service, I got $100 OBC for myself and wife plus unlimited internet because we're Platinum.

We are on the same cruise as you, April 15th TA Regal Princess. With that said we are not in an ***** room as listed. Spoke to Princess yesterday about the ***** progress, our cruise is now an "***** Preview cruise" now and that ALL Regal cruises are that way through the Spring and all other ships have been put on hold for ***** until they can get Regal 100% working.

The rep offered to move us to an ***** room, I turned it down because we like our room where we're at. We fly back to CPH in Sept. for the TA returning to NYC and the goal is to have the Regal 100% by then. So while we were talking I ask is there OBC or something in lieu of no ***** service, I got $100 OBC for myself and wife plus unlimited internet because we're Platinum.

Princess still, as of minutes ago, is promoting the April 15th T/A as an “Ocean Medallion Vacation” and the only list of ***** functional staterooms has been posted by passengers, not Princess. It sounds like the program is creeping through the Regal however it seems that the passengers will not know until they board if it has crept to them. As long as one cabin has a functional Ocean Medallion it would seem it meets Princess’ definition of being an “Ocean Medallion” ship.

We were on the Regal over New Years. It was not working for most people. The people who had it we spoke with were not happy with it. One family we talked to (3 people in the cabin) only the son's ***** would open the door. Dad said his did not work for ordering drinks, not sure about locating people around the ship. I was behind a lady in the shops who was trying to use it to make a purchase. The salesperson said sometimes it works sometimes not. One of the bar staff in Crooners, said at the time of our cruise it was not working for ordering drinks. Everyone was also given a cruise card & the *****. That was a couple of months ago maybe it has improved. I will try to fine out on my Regal cruise March 4th. We don't have the ***** in our cabin but will probably hear what is going on from others. It is not a big deal to us. I did like having the free internet on the Regal very fast. If you are Platinum or Elite you will get free internet.