Drink package discount?

garner384

2 hours ago, Mary2018 said:

Premium & Classic Package are now 50% off for next 3 days, on the our Abu Dhabi Cruise on April 17th.  

Just wondering, how would I find this to book? I’m not on that cruise but I want to watch out for mine. Thanks 

3 day sale with 30% off classic and premium packages for the Silhouette TA on 14th April 2019 and you can book it via the Cruise planner facility with your customer reference number.

Kind regards. Cathy

Ironically, when I just signed into Celebrity for my booking and go to cruise planner, at the top it shows flashy 'up to 25%' off banner, bright pink, then shows bunch of things under that also in pink that fall under the 'sale' and beverage packages is there.  I got really excited, selected beverages and full price .. deflated 😞  Something a bit off with that showing in MY cruise planner.  This is what is in my face when I go to my cruise planner.

image.thumb.png.d673d71356ac706e694f7924d6bc344c.png

Hmmmm .. so totally shocked by this LOL  Guess the 'up to' 25% translates to 0% for me.

Edited to add, the above was my experience for my cruise this Sunday.  I decided to go look at one I have booked for November and when I select Beverages from the above window, that one presents me a second screen (below) and says 10% off so definitely shows that even this is marketing that may not apply to the very booking it is displaying in .  Not nice at all Celebrity!

image.thumb.png.3b4f4bd09ba9d0d5e2ed01077f29fa73.png

Edited by poffles

OK, question. We have a cruise that includes the classic package as a perk. When I log in it shows 30% off the premium package. Good news!

However, when I book the premium package the price reflects $69 (with no upgrade price listed) and it also says the price reflects the discount. 

When I try to add the premium package (assuming it might recognize the difference when adding) it not only shows the higher price but also adds a service charge bringing the cost for one person to over $1,000 on a 14-day cruise. 

What is the best way to upgrade from Classic to Premium?

I also see 10% off on classic & premium beverage package. I ordered the internet package with 20% off. Many excursions are on sale too. Some are 25% off. Obviously, certain discounted items would be cruise specific and member status dependent.

Edited by Tourist1292

7 minutes ago, mdpa said:

OK, question. We have a cruise that includes the classic package as a perk. When I log in it shows 30% off the premium package. Good news!

However, when I book the premium package the price reflects $69 (with no upgrade price listed) and it also says the price reflects the discount. 

When I try to add the premium package (assuming it might recognize the difference when adding) it not only shows the higher price but also adds a service charge bringing the cost for one person to over $1,000 on a 14-day cruise. 

What is the best way to upgrade from Classic to Premium?

Usually you have to call to Celebrity to upgrade from Classic to Premium.  But, if your cruise is past final payment, I think I remember once seeing the opportunity to upgrade online.  Perks don't seem to show up on your cruise planner until close to the cruise, and until that happens the system can't recognize that you already have the classic package.

We are cruising in August, and I will upgrade to the Premium, but will hold out until the cruise gets closer, just in case there is a sale (however small) on the cost of upgrading.

32 minutes ago, travel1light said:

My offer is only 10% off for full packages, no upgrade from classic to premium offered.

Do you just mean there is no option to select this online or that the upgrade doesn't appear to be discounted?  If not showing, this is not unusual and typically have to call for that, I had to in the past. I believe it eventually shows to select it closer to sail date.  I would be calling if that is what you want to do and it is not clearly showing, one never knows.

Offered to classic members, too.  

It's only selected cruises.  Ours in April had VERY little On sale.  One single excursion, the Behind the Scenes tour (I remember when this was free!), And internet packages.

dining was NOT included in the email sent to me announcing the "sale".  The first night discounts were the standards and packages were regular prices.

9 hours ago, Mary2018 said:

Premium & Classic Package are now 50% off for next 3 days, on the our Abu Dhabi Cruise on April 17th.  

Just went online to buy a package for our Trans Atlantic in October but the "50%" off doesn't add up to anything at all when I go to check out. The Premium package is still priced at $ 69.00 PP per day plus tip.   Another bang up job by the web people at RCL! 

image.thumb.png.5805353083fc79d27fcf6850ba506055.png

1 hour ago, A Sixth? said:

Just went online to buy a package for our Trans Atlantic in October but the "50%" off doesn't add up to anything at all when I go to check out. The Premium package is still priced at $ 69.00 PP per day plus tip.   Another bang up job by the web people at RCL! 

For one of my cruise, the preview says that the drinking package is reduced by 20%, but when I go in, I get the same thing.

They might fix it as the day goes.. Hope so!

I did call the Captain club to add the perk on my online account so I can do the upgrade without dealing with busy lines 🙂 .

1 hour ago, A Sixth? said:

I always call Captain’s Club Assistance phone number (844-418-6824) because of the website snafus.   I am sure the pricing they can provide will reflect the real discount.  We purchased the beverage package during a prior sale and did get 50% off the regular price.  For the premium package, the cost per day was $34.50 plus 18% service charge.  The purchase was made so,me time ago and I think the regular price has gone up so the price I paid is likely not the sale price now.

If you try clearing your browser's history and cache, or try another browser, you might be able to see the "correct" deals available for your sailing. I was having trouble with this, but it seems to be working for me after trying a different browser with history cleared. I still only get 10% off for beverage packages ( 😥 ), but at least I know for sure!

• 11 months later...
On 3/19/2019 at 11:24 AM, Archer5 said:

Hi all. 

Im new to cruising and I wondered what it means to say celebrity only gives discount on drinks packages if your on a TA cruise or repositioning cruise? 

And how would I look out for a discount if it comes up or be notified please? 

thanks 

You would sign up for email notifications from Celebrity. I have occasionally seen on board sales - maybe twice in 20 years of cruising. Beverage packages are usually a perk offered when you book. Agents reserve blocks of rooms and sell at a group rate with often good perks.

7 hours ago, ManukaS said:

We have never been offered this despite being Elite members - maybe it is because we are in the UK.   We seem to miss out on any offers.

My planner includes a 10% discount on a drinks package but it is still way too expensive!

Being Elite Plus one receives drinks every evening so really it is not necessary unless you drink a lot in the day time.

Bottoms Up!

Cheryl