The Pictures We’ve All Been Waiting to See

djhsolara

Wow, now we know what HAL's definition of "curated" is: whatever can fit into a cubicle that will keep 2000 passengers from noticing we took out the entire former library space.

Thanks for making these well-anticipated photos accessible. There is a lot to like in the decor perks overall. But the loss of the fully dedicated library and total open CN floor space will certainly be long mourned certainly by me. We did like the old NA when we tested the waters on a HAL "large ship". Not enough to want to do much more cruising on her but at least once the grand little R & S ladies are gone, she will be a good enough second choice.

Wow, now we know what HAL's definition of "curated" is: whatever can fit into a cubicle that will keep 2000 passengers from noticing we took out the entire former library space.

Thanks for making these well-anticipated photos accessible. There is a lot to like in the decor perks overall. But the loss of the fully dedicated library and total open CN floor space will certainly be long mourned certainly by me. We did like the old NA when we tested the waters on a HAL "large ship". Not enough to want to do much more cruising on her but at least once the grand little R & S ladies are gone, she will be a good enough second choice.

Two words:Pavlov's dogs.:rolleyes:

I like all those pictures- not a single decor or style I don´t like. The reason for avoid the newer vessels of HAL is the lack of the until then trademark prommenade deck. So as long as the older ships are around and are kept so nice - I am fine!

I was also on this cruise. Not that I cared about decor before on other cruises and used to wonder why people cared so much about it (you're only renting and not buying) but this ship is stunning! And the art work and photographs!!! We didn't see it all - it would have required walking every corridor and staircase but what we did see was certainly fascinating. Very sophisticated!

As for the crow's nest - I agree it's a disaster. I'm still in the airport waiting for my flight home and will post my own comments after laundry, etc. but I don't know what HAL was thinking....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was also on this cruise. Not that I cared about decor before on other cruises and used to wonder why people cared so much about it (you're only renting and not buying) but this ship is stunning! And the art work and photographs!!! We didn't see it all - it would have required walking every corridor and staircase but what we did see was certainly fascinating. Very sophisticated!

As for the crow's nest - I agree it's a disaster. I'm still in the airport waiting for my flight home and will post my own comments after laundry, etc. but I don't know what HAL was thinking....

Bleh. I'm on in two weeks and I'm sad already. But only because I was on her last year and know what I'm missing. Looking forward to your comments.

I love seeing the art on all the ships. I really really love and appreciate it, though I know not all do.

Bleh. I'm on in two weeks and I'm sad already. But only because I was on her last year and know what I'm missing. Looking forward to your comments.

I love seeing the art on all the ships. I really really love and appreciate it, though I know not all do.

Truly, the updates are very nice and the ship is GORGEOUS. Maybe some things were changed and not everyone is going to like everything, but if you look at the entire product...the ship is GORGEOUS.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Reading the HAL boards, you would get the opinion that the changed are widely hated.;p

Are you referring to all of the changes throughout the ship or just the change in the Crow’s Nest?

Are you referring to all of the changes throughout the ship or just the change in the Crow’s Nest?

Everything, the "much hated" new Crow's Nest,the promenade deck on the newest ships, the partnership with you-know-who.:D

Everything, the "much hated" new Crow's Nest,the promenade deck on the newest ships, the partnership with you-know-who.:D

Oh ok. This post is more specifically about the physical changes to Nieuw Amsterdam since her drydock in December.