Live from Silhouette - Feb. 25, 2018

Host Anne

On the April 8 cruise, so will be following closely. I can’t believe the diminishing importance of the safety drill. At first, the passengers weren’t paying attention, then the station leaders weren’t doing their jobs and now the senior officers aren’t taking the drill seriously. :o

We will be on the April 8th cruise also. I still haven't been able to sign up for the Meet & Mingle event...Bob & Ronnie

We will be on the April 8th cruise also. I still haven't been able to sign up for the Meet & Mingle event...Bob & Ronnie

Don't worry, you are not alone. What I suggest is to check the board down at Guest Relations and they will have the day, location, and time of the Meet and Greet event. It is usually the first sea day at 10:15 am at the Cellar Masters. Don't bother calling Celebrity as they did not forward the numbers to the ship. Enjoy your cruise.

My son and his GF are on this sailing. I love following this thread because I feel like I'm stalking... I mean... "sharing" their excitement of this cruise. ;)

They both thought the comedian was hysterical, are enjoying the meals, and won a towel at Trivia! It doesn't get better than that! :hearteyes:

Thank you for sharing, Host Anne!

Don't worry, you are not alone. What I suggest is to check the board down at Guest Relations and they will have the day, location, and time of the Meet and Greet event. It is usually the first sea day at 10:15 am at the Cellar Masters. Don't bother calling Celebrity as they did not forward the numbers to the ship. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FROM Anne: "We booked this cruise primarily for a relaxing getaway and to visit the islands that were badly damaged by Hurricanes Irma and Maria. We vacation annually on St. John and have many friends who lost everything or had significant damage. We also have good friends on St. Maarten. Getting back to visit them and help support the recovery was important to us (we are planning our annual May vacation to St. John as usual)."

Thank you Anne for your posting. I am on the March 11 sailing of the Silhouette. I have been on contact with

schuylarreggi@adventures.org krystlegarwood@adventures.org

Trying to find out what I can bring to most help the people of the islands.

Here are some of their suggestions from email:

Thank you so much for your heart to give! Puerto Rico has a lot of needs. Here's a list of items they can use:

These are just a few that I can think of off the top of my head. I have a Puerto Rico meeting later today, I will get a list of more items that would be helpful and figure out where and how you can drop them off.

God bless

Krystle

As you are there please let me know what you think. I would like to ask other fellow passengers to help.

I live in San Diego so I would shop when I arrive in Florida.

Blessings, Chris

Had dinner at the Lawn Club last night. Our experience was the opposite of some recent reviews. Fillet was cooked perficately with a good baked potato. I have a picture but can't post it here. Flat bread, salad and service were all fine. We didn't order it but agree the mac and cheese is not worth it. Going back tomorrow.

Had dinner at the Lawn Club last night. Our experience was the opposite of some recent reviews. Fillet was cooked perficately with a good baked potato. I have a picture but can't post it here. Flat bread, salad and service were all fine. We didn't order it but agree the mac and cheese is not worth it. Going back tomorrow.

My filet was not cooked well at the Lawn Club. However, the baked potato, pizza and salad were excellent. The chocolate chip cookie dessert was just ok as it was also undercooked. It was really windy the night we were there last week.

Note. While Old San Juan looks ok, be careful and drink bottle water only. We went to Barrachinas (good food) and had probably tap water. One of us got upset stomach that night and probably because of drinking water. I'm sure their city water water pipe are full of hole or damaged. Be careful. Their is a Walgreen just across the ship.

Note2: If you think of visiting the old fort make sure you go early. It closes at 6PM.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We also just dined there tonight. Great meal !!! Great service !!!

I'll do my best to provide regular feedback this week during our Silhouette cruise to San Juan, St. Thomas and St. Maarten.

Got to the ship and left luggage with the porters about 10:30 AM. Check in was very quick and easy. Imagine my surprise when we were then told we could board the ship. By 10:52, we were on-board and being offered welcome drinks.

In all our Celebrity cruises, we have never been on a ship prior to 11:00 AM. Its very nice to get on early, finalize our specialty dining dinner reservations and relax with a glass of prosecco!

I'd say this cruise is off to a great start! THANKS, Celebrity!

Have a wonderful cruise Anne !

Thanks Anne for all of the great information! My sister and I are on the March 25 sailing. A little worried because I’ll be in a cast and on a kneeling walker. Have you seen anyone onboard with one? Just wondering how much it will be a problem

Hi Host Anne

Just want to thank you so much for this review; it is most helpful. DH and I are on the March 4 sailing. It's our first time on Celebrity and are now counting down the hours until we can trade in our snow boots for flip flops:cool:

Safe travels

Thanks Anne for all of the great information! My sister and I are on the March 25 sailing. A little worried because I’ll be in a cast and on a kneeling walker. Have you seen anyone onboard with one? Just wondering how much it will be a problem

I was on last week and there were many physically challenged individuals. They were getting around just fine but moving slowly. Just need to have someone to assist if necessary. There were minimal waits for elevators. You should be fine.

Good stuff folks !

Any chance of photos of the Daily Sheets?

Thanks

Hugh

Anything special you are looking for? Entertainment, activities, hours, etc.

Been on this ship 3 or 4 times and never been disappointed.