Orient Beach update...

MrSchwump

We were at Orient Beach yesterday, 7/27. Beach was beautiful. Plenty of chairs and umbrellas for rent. We paid $30 for 3 chairs and umbrellas. There is a brand new bar, restaurant and facilities on site. Waiters patrolling beach to take food/drink orders. They were working hard to make it a great experience. Parasailing and jet skis were also available.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Forums mobile app

Wonderful to hear, and very nice of you to let us know the news. Thank you

Scanditaly

Did you have any trouble getting a cab? How did the Bikini Beach Club look?

Also in know earlier posts said their was more up and running on the clothing optional end. Is there much up and running on the clothing side..

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were at Orient Beach yesterday, 7/27. Beach was beautiful. Plenty of chairs and umbrellas for rent. We paid $30 for 3 chairs and umbrellas. There is a brand new bar, restaurant and facilities on site. Waiters patrolling beach to take food/drink orders. They were working hard to make it a great experience. Parasailing and jet skis were also available.

Fantastic! Best news that I've heard since April. We weren't allowed to go to OB due to the debris on the roads (at least that's what we were told).

Did you take a taxi or tour bus there?

We'll be there again in April '19 and are praying that we will be able to visit our favorite place on planet Earth...Orient Beach!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

Fantastic! Best news that I've heard since April. We weren't allowed to go to OB due to the debris on the roads (at least that's what we were told).

Did you take a taxi or tour bus there?

We'll be there again in April '19 and are praying that we will be able to visit our favorite place on planet Earth...Orient Beach!

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

We were on a small tour - 6 people. I'm sure you could easily just take a taxi. Again, it was beautiful, by far the best day on our cruise. We look forward to our next visit.

Good to hear the beach is up and open. When we visited in May, we were advised not to go there because of all the road construction and delays. We didn't want to waste time sitting in traffic. has the traffic situation improved? We want to try again in January.

Jim

Good to hear the beach is up and open. When we visited in May, we were advised not to go there because of all the road construction and delays. We didn't want to waste time sitting in traffic. has the traffic situation improved? We want to try again in January.

Jim

There were no traffic problems at all. It was easy to get to the beach.

Did you have any trouble getting a cab? How did the Bikini Beach Club look?

Also in know earlier posts said their was more up and running on the clothing optional end. Is there much up and running on the clothing side..

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were in a small tour van, however I'm sure taxis were easily available. As far as I could tell, we were at the only "beach club" open on the beach (can't remember the name of it) and it must have been on the clothing optional side as we saw a topless woman and then later on, a bottomless man - a sight we could have done without.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the update! We are porting there next month and wondered how OB was.

We were there in July. We asked the cab driver to drop us at Perch Lite bar on Orient Beach. This is on the nude side, where they had plenty of umbrellas and chairs. The facilities are of the portable type but we didn't use them. Not many people when we arrived, whcih was early morning around 9:30 AM but as the day went on more people showed up.

• 3 weeks later...

To be more specific, if you are at Bikini on Orient Beach during the day between 9 and 4, you are very unlikely to see anyone working by without a complete swimsuit on - the only possibility of any significance is female (or yes, male, for the clever ones in the group) toplessness. Females who choose to be topless at Bikini are unlikely to walk the beach topless.

Wondering if there is a chair/umbrella vendor on the naturist side of Orient Beach.

Yes. There is chair and umbrella rental on Club Orient/Clothing Optional beach - as well as some food and drink service from what is called Perch Lite. Calling a beach "naturist" can be understood to mean that the beach is a "nude beach," that is, nudity is required - the Club O beach is clothing optional - not a nude beach.

Is topless very common on beaches other than Orient? Suspect most from cruise ships will not go topless.

I would agree that most women from cruise ships will not go topless at a beach on the island - of course, some - a very small percentage - men and women off a cruise ship will take advantage of the clothing optional option. Female toplessness is legal on both french-side and dutch-side beaches, unless posted or stated otherwise. It is not as common - and if a cruiser you may never see it - on dutch-side beaches, except for Cupecoy which is clothing optional on dutch-side.