Carnival Age Policies

natefish95

I am 23 and just booked a cruise on Carnival (first CCL cruise in a long time and I'm super excited). Once I paid the deposit and the booking was confirmed, I noticed something on the page that said "If the primary guest is under 24, someone 25 or older needs to be added to the stateroom" However, I went on the Carnival website and read "guests must be 21 years of age or older to travel on their own". I'm really confused by these conflicting statements.

In short, can I at 23 travel on my own on Carnival?

according to Carnival policy online, it looks like you can

Guests are required to be 21 years of age (on embarkation day) to travel on their own. Guest ages will be verified at embarkation. Guests not conforming to this policy will result in denied boarding and no compensation will be provided at embarkation.

Guests Under the Age of 21 MUST travel with a relative or guardian of 25 years of age or older

• The guardian does not need to be a legal guardian.
  • The bookings must be cross-referenced with the relative or guardian’s stateroom and documented properly.
  • Guests who are 21 to 24 years of age may travel with their minor children.
  • Minors Traveling Together: The policy is slightly different because of stricter guidelines as follows:
    • Must have 1 chaperone for every 8 minors
    • Prepaid gratuities per minor are due at final payment
    • 8 or more staterooms must be booked through the Group Department and a $100 damage deposit per minor will be charged.

I booked two cabins for our older kids between ages 18-25. I booked through Priceline.

When I went to pay the balance through the Priceline website it rejected the payment. Turns out we had to conference call in to Carnival because of the age issue. The issue was in Carnival’s software, not Priceline’s, so you may run into that issue as well.

If you get a rejection from Carnival, you have to wait 24 hours before calling in to pay by phone. That was a pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am 23 and just booked a cruise on Carnival (first CCL cruise in a long time and I'm super excited). Once I paid the deposit and the booking was confirmed, I noticed something on the page that said "If the primary guest is under 24, someone 25 or older needs to be added to the stateroom" However, I went on the Carnival website and read "guests must be 21 years of age or older to travel on their own". I'm really confused by these conflicting statements.

In short, can I at 23 travel on my own on Carnival?

Yes, my son and fiance were both 23 when they cruised and were by themselves.

IIRC (and don't bet on that), Carnival switched from minimum age of 25 to 21 for solo cruising sometime in the last 10 years. Might have been about the same time they switched to minimum age of 21 to drink, regardless of destination. (Doing a quick Google search, looks like RCI switched to 21 for minimum drink age in 2006, suspect Carnival was about the same time, maybe even before? Or has it always been 21 on Carnival?)