Haven = Bleh

BNBR

I have been on NCL a bunch and in the Haven, but this is the first time with my kids. I am trying to get an upgrade to the Haven. My question is, why are these kids not in the kids club? I “hope” to keep them in as much as I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have been on NCL a bunch and in the Haven, but this is the first time with my kids. I am trying to get an upgrade to the Haven. My question is, why are these kids not in the kids club? I “hope” to keep them in as much as I can.

Because some kids don’t like the kids club. Because some parents want to spend time with their kids. Granted, those are generally not the kids misbehaving because their parents actually parent. Because kids club isn’t 24/7.

Of course there's an "NCL" solution to a "better than 'Haven'" adult-focused experience which, with the right itinerary choice, has a less costly "net daily rate" when the value of all inclusions (e.g., airfare/credit) are considered. It's called Oceania.

Seabourn is better than Oceania. Smaller ship, more luxurious experience

Depending on the ship, some of the kids clubs don't even have windows to see outside, (like Getaway and Breakaway...) They certainly don't have a pool. Even my son who loved the kids club sometimes wanted to remember that he was on a ship. Thankfully, the club is only open certain hours during the day, usually 10 to 12, 2 to 4 or 5, and then 7 until whenever. So there are lots of time that kids will be enjoying all the ship has to offer outside the club without missing any of the club's activities (which was my son's goal.)

Depending on the ship, some of the kids clubs don't even have windows to see outside, (like Getaway and Breakaway...) They certainly don't have a pool. Even my son who loved the kids club sometimes wanted to remember that he was on a ship. Thankfully, the club is only open certain hours during the day, usually 10 to 12, 2 to 4 or 5, and then 7 until whenever. So there are lots of time that kids will be enjoying all the ship has to offer outside the club without missing any of the club's activities (which was my son's goal.)

Why consider NCL at all? The Haven is so overpriced. Royal Caribbean Oasis class a much better choice for both adults and kids. Cabins, even non suites are much nicer, great kids and teens program, so much for adults to do. Or for such young kids- Disney a better option.

Why consider NCL at all? The Haven is so overpriced. Royal Caribbean Oasis class a much better choice for both adults and kids. Cabins, even non suites are much nicer, great kids and teens program, so much for adults to do. Or for such young kids- Disney a better option.

I'm simply responding to a specific post. I have no idea why you would quote me or direct your statement to me. I didn't say one single word about the Haven. Do you have anything to say about the kids club hours I shared?

This is why the Epic has the best Haven. The courtyard is a mass of families with young kids but on the Epic, the adults only sundeck POSH is the best. its a huge sundeck with its own bar. Anyone who't traveling without children in Haven on the Epic doesn't bother with the courtyard. It's enclosed anyways, you're like a caged animal in there with no ocean view! It's the private adult beautiful sundeck on the Epic that makes it amazing.

This is why the Epic has the best Haven. The courtyard is a mass of families with young kids but on the Epic, the adults only sundeck POSH is the best. its a huge sundeck with its own bar. Anyone who't traveling without children in Haven on the Epic doesn't bother with the courtyard. It's enclosed anyways, you're like a caged animal in there with no ocean view! It's the private adult beautiful sundeck on the Epic that makes it amazing.

On the Epic, we watched a mom bring her 2 kids up to POSH in the late afternoon when we were all sitting out by the bar, enjoying adult beverages and conversation. The bartender immediately told the mother that the kids were not allowed! :)

On the Epic, we watched a mom bring her 2 kids up to POSH in the late afternoon when we were all sitting out by the bar, enjoying adult beverages and conversation. The bartender immediately told the mother that the kids were not allowed! :)

This is how the whole Haven should be! Heck, late afternoon in the Haven on Escape, they remove all the padding from deck chairs and strap it all down on the deck, basically kick you out. Seems Epic may be a much better product.

What was she thinking??? I'm so glad that the bartender said something.

Because some kids don’t like the kids club. Because some parents want to spend time with their kids. Granted, those are generally not the kids misbehaving because their parents actually parent. Because kids club isn’t 24/7.

I hope my kids like the kids club. I want to sit outside, read a book, and not hear Mommy. Even if it is for a few hours here or there. Fingers crossed.

18 and over and we had a group of 18/19 year olds they behaved worst than kids

I hope my kids like the kids club. I want to sit outside, read a book, and not hear Mommy. Even if it is for a few hours here or there. Fingers crossed.

I am afaid the kids these days do not enjoy it in general as they lose their "freedom" brace yourself.

BTW I used to spend time with my kids and best days of my life and if they want to shout Mum or Dad so be it but I would remind them where they were. NCL = Noisy Children Loud

This is how the whole Haven should be! Heck, late afternoon in the Haven on Escape, they remove all the padding from deck chairs and strap it all down on the deck, basically kick you out. Seems Epic may be a much better product.

Strapping the cushions to the deck? Aye yi yi!

On Getaway we would lay out on the Sun deck at night on the cushioned

chairs. Actually did it on Escape in September , too .

Way back when they used to have fireworks and all 5 of us lay out on the big clamshells watching( for all 3 minutes[emoji23])

What harm is there in leaving the cushions out until late?

This would annoy me .

Strapping the cushions to the deck? Aye yi yi!

On Getaway we would lay out on the Sun deck at night on the cushioned

chairs. Actually did it on Escape in September , too .

Way back when they used to have fireworks and all 5 of us lay out on the big clamshells watching( for all 3 minutes[emoji23])

What harm is there in leaving the cushions out until late?

This would annoy me .

They sure did. 20 peope out there and they were removing all the cushions. More people were coming out for sail away (Nassau) and couldn't get a chair because they had cushions removed and were strapping down. This was at like 4:15 or so. They even removed all the covers on the upper deck chairs off the courtyard at the same time.

The first sea day, they closed the courtyard at 4pm, when it's busy, to prepare for a captains cocktail party or whatever 3 1/2 hours later. Why they couldn't just use the lounge, I have no idea.

The crew seemed all too eager to close haven stuff early. Not the luxury experience you would expect.

I just got off the Getaway 2/04/2017 and I am not sure if there was a single kid in the Haven.

My guess this is more of an issue with seasonal kids breaks. My cruise was amazing and a matter a fact it was even a little too quite and boring in the Haven area at times so I would go to the Vibe or Main pool deck.

Not to make you feel bad, but I bet you would have loved my cruise because it was awesome!

I just got off the Getaway 2/04/2017 and I am not sure if there was a single kid in the Haven.

My guess this is more of an issue with seasonal kids breaks. My cruise was amazing and a matter a fact it was even a little too quite and boring in the Haven area at times so I would go to the Vibe or Main pool deck.

Not to make you feel bad, but I bet you would have loved my cruise because it was awesome!

Sounds a lot better to me than my experience.

I am afaid the kids these days do not enjoy it in general as they lose their "freedom" brace yourself.

BTW I used to spend time with my kids and best days of my life and if they want to shout Mum or Dad so be it but I would remind them where they were. NCL = Noisy Children Loud

I get that, but I am a stay at home Mom of a soon to be 3 and 6 year old. I send more then enough time with them. [emoji23]. I NEED me time. I would leave them with my mother in law, but I have never slept a night apart from them and don’t think a week is a good place to start.

I get that, but I am a stay at home Mom of a soon to be 3 and 6 year old. I send more then enough time with them. [emoji23]. I NEED me time. I would leave them with my mother in law, but I have never slept a night apart from them and don’t think a week is a good place to start.

My kids are same ages. My wife stays home as well. Part of the reason we booked the Haven / spa cruise was for that week of relaxation. Mother in law likes having them for the week, was supposed to be win win. We did miss them a bit too much though! Probably take them with us on all figure cruises.

Did you buy your Vibe passes from your concierge or guest services? I have read that you may be able to get them from the concierge, but I want to make sure.

My kids are same ages. My wife stays home as well. Part of the reason we booked the Haven / spa cruise was for that week of relaxation. Mother in law likes having them for the week, was supposed to be win win. We did miss them a bit too much though! Probably take them with us on all figure cruises.

This is our first cruise since our oldest was born. My youngest turns 3 in March so they both can finally go to the kids club. I am hoping (if things go according to plans) we can have some much needed relaxing time, but also some family time. Best of both worlds.

They sure did. 20 peope out there and they were removing all the cushions. More people were coming out for sail away (Nassau) and couldn't get a chair because they had cushions removed and were strapping down. This was at like 4:15 or so. They even removed all the covers on the upper deck chairs off the courtyard at the same time.

The first sea day, they closed the courtyard at 4pm, when it's busy, to prepare for a captains cocktail party or whatever 3 1/2 hours later. Why they couldn't just use the lounge, I have no idea.

The crew seemed all too eager to close haven stuff early. Not the luxury experience you would expect.

This is our first cruise since our oldest was born. My youngest turns 3 in March so they both can finally go to the kids club. I am hoping (if things go according to plans) we can have some much needed relaxing time, but also some family time. Best of both worlds.

Just out of curiosity, but have you considered some land based all inclusive resorts? When our kids were much younger, we would go to a resort in Jamaica with nannies who watch the kids, which gave my wife and I plenty of relaxation time. When we finally did take a cruise on NCL (when they were five and three) they greatly disliked being dropped off at the kids club, so we had them with us the whole time anyway. While we enjoyed the cruise, we got a lot more relaxation in at the resort.