Drinks throughout the day

MMJJOli4

Hello everyone,

We will be cruising Alaska this summer on the Coral Princes (Princess for the first time) and I was wondering if we can have the free tea and iced tea all day or just during breakfast, lunch and dinnertimes. We've only cruised DCL before where you can have soda's all day for "free";). I know we can have the soda package, but I'm not a real soda drinker, so I was wondering whether i should just drink tea between meals (i wouldn't mind that) or take a coffee card or a soda package.

Thanks in advance!

Coffee and tea are always available at the International Cafe. Whenever the buffet is open (usually 5:30 to midnight but can vary) it is self-serve in there. And room service is available but less convenient.

Probably the biggest difference between DCL and Princess is that on Princess the food outlets have very long hours. Grill and pizza place on deck open around 11 and stay open until late evening. Ice cream shop in the enclosed pool area closes down around 6 or 7. Buffet doesn't close during the day at all but shuts down one side for cleaning and setup of the next meal. The IC is open 24 hours a day, although food options do change depending on the time of day. Bars might or might not have tea.

Another thing to consider is that there is no free soda anywhere on Princess. You made a reference to tea between meals, so not sure what you were planning on at meals.

There are beverage stations near the buffet, very much like the beverage stations on DCL except that they have no carbonated beverages. You can get coffee, tea, milk, hot chocolate (from powder), etc. during all the hours the buffet is open...which is basically from before I get up till after I go to bed. If you have a coffee card, you can get brewed coffee and tea 24/7 at no additional charge (no punch), and specialty coffees and tea using the 15 punches. Coffee and tea are free in the dining rooms at meals as well. And Princess serves real Splenda, not that nasty chemical taste stuff that DCL went to.

Coffee and tea are always available at the International Cafe. Whenever the buffet is open (usually 5:30 to midnight but can vary) it is self-serve in there. And room service is available but less convenient.

International Cafe is not free. Use OBC or coffee card.

IC & buffet have a variety of teas. The tea in the IC is more "upscale) than the tea in the buffet.

Lemonade is available (no charge) during lunch in the buffet and MDR

Juices are available (no charge) during lunch in the buffet and MDR

Coffee card will get you unlimited brewed coffee, hot tea or hot chocolate PLUS the 15 punches for specialty coffee or iced tea

"International Cafe is not free. Use OBC or coffee card.

IC & buffet have a variety of teas. The tea in the IC is more "upscale) than the tea in the buffet.

Coffee card will get you unlimited brewed coffee, hot tea or hot chocolate PLUS the 15 punches for specialty coffee or iced tea"

Clarification: The food in the International Café is FREE (& very good!) The drinks (coffee, tea, etc) are not free. Use a coffee card or charge to your account.

International Cafe is not free. Use OBC or coffee card.

Coffee card will get you unlimited brewed coffee, hot tea or hot chocolate PLUS the 15 punches for specialty coffee or iced tea

Breakfast at no charge. At lunch and dinner they are available for a charge.

"Whenever the buffet is open (usually 5:30 to midnight but can vary) it is self-serve in there."

The self service coffee and hot water for tea in the buffet is available 24/7.I am not a tea drinker, but it seems like there is tea there as well 24/7

I love iced tea. I get it from the HC anytime of the day or night. The same goes for ice water which I also get in the HC but have also obtained it from any bar or the IC. I sometimes get juices at breakfast from the HC and store them in my refrigerator for later consumption sometimes with added flavoring. ;);)