Adults only

Slakebuster

Mainly in Europe.

P&O's Arcadia and Oriana, and next year Aurora are adult only.

Cruise and Maritime's 5 ships are all adult only, except for one ship which will allow children during the summer holidays.

Fred Olsen has some adult only cruises- we were on one of these to Norway last autumn.

Marella used to have some adult only cruises when it sailed as Thomson... not sure how many it does now.

And of course there's Saga, which has a new build addition next year... not only is it adult only, but those adults have to be at least 50 years old...

Edited by jocap
typo

Longer cruises are de facto adults only. We have been on 30 to 35 day Princess cruises and there were few if any children

I rather doubt that someone who has never been on a cruise before would be interested in 30 or 35 day cruises for their first one. Can you imagine how torturous such a long cruise would be if they discovered that cruising wasn't their style? :D

from WINDSTAR 'terms and conditions':

Due to the small size and intimate nature of our yachts, Windstar Cruises is unable to accommodate children under eight (8) years of age. Guests under 21 years of age must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or chaperone in their stateroom or suite who is at least 25 years old;

Viking Ocean (I believe Viking River is the same)

Due to the nature of our cruise and travel itineraries, the Carrier does not maintain facilities or services for children aboard cruise vessels or otherwise during the trip. On all cruises and cruise journeys, minors under the age of 18 must be accompanied and share a stateroom with a parent, legal guardian or other responsible adult over the age of 21. We reserve the right to limit the number of minors under the age of 18 years on board and on land excursions booked through us.

I rather doubt that someone who has never been on a cruise before would be interested in 30 or 35 day cruises for their first one. Can you imagine how torturous such a long cruise would be if they discovered that cruising wasn't their style? :D

Sorry, but we see some first timers on every long cruise.

You would be amazed at how many first time cruisers we have met on long cruises (over 30 days)....not to mention many folks who have only been on 1 or 2 other short cruises prior to booking a long voyage. We did watch one lady "freak out" on a 62 day Prinsendam cruise on the 2nd morning. That cruise started with 6 straight days at sea and this lady realized she did not like days at sea (and yet she booked a cruise with 26 days at sea). Go figure.

Hank

I'd forgotten about Virgin- thanks. Richard Branson is sticking to the European definition of adult only, which is 18 years. That is so on all the ships I've mentioned- if you're 18, then you can book and travel on your own or with people of your age on any adult ship from Europe.

Except, of course, Saga! :D