On board Seaside now, no smells on any deck or space!

NMsunset

Yes, we went smelling from 05:30am till 02:00am from deck 5 to deck 19... our balcony cabin is on port side aft on deck 11.

Wife is sensitive to smells and they create migrains for her...no issues in last 5 days onboard Seaside.

Remember, many who are posting about this have NEVER been on the ship...

PS have not found any elevator not working or long waits...6 minutes is record at breakfast port day.

Mainly less than 2 minutes :D

Cheers, enjoy the CL of your choice!

NMsunset,

We will be sailing this Saturday. We are flying into FLL. We are looking for transportation. Who did you use? Do you recommend them?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, we went smelling from 05:30am till 02:00am from deck 5 to deck 19... our balcony cabin is on port side aft on deck 11.

Wife is sensitive to smells and they create migrains for her...no issues in last 5 days onboard Seaside.

PS have not found any elevator not working or long waits...6 minutes is record at breakfast port day.

Did you actually wait 6 minutes for an elevator? When I was on Seaside I would wait around a minute max and if the elevators weren't coming my way I would just start walking.

Even two minutes is absurdly long to wait in my opinion. Maybe I 'm impatient.

May I ask what room? We are also on deck 11 in a couple of weeks. Glad to hear this report, I’m very much looking forward to this trip.

Thanks!

NMsunset,

We will be sailing this Saturday. We are flying into FLL. We are looking for transportation. Who did you use? Do you recommend them?

In case NM Sunset does not reply back... Try MSJ Transportation (you can reserve online) $15/pp They were excellent. Pick you up in Mercedes Benz mini vans... Very comfortable ride to port!!

We used Jiffy Jeff Transport from FLL to Port of Miami, MSC terminal F Seaside, $15 pp door to door

Unlike many ride share drivers like uber, these are licensed commercial drivers with licensed commercial Mercedes high top vans with proper commercial insurance....they also have express lane tags and bypass much traffic many uber folks are too cheap to have.

There are similar services that others like, we have great communication and service with Jiffy Jeff.

Cheers!

NMsunset,

may i ask what room? We are also on deck 11 in a couple of weeks. Glad to hear this report, i’m very much looking forward to this trip.

Thanks!

Edited by NMsunset
entered wrong #

Lol, yes once just to watch the folks standing there and hear some saying the craziest stuff...it was like sad stand up. Life is way too short to be so angry and upset. One older lady said of the wait, 'oh the horror!'

Sure I get some need the lifts as stairs for a deck or two transit, is not an option...but just WOW! Calm down...they have never lived, or worked in a high rise of >50 stories.

People with canes, walkers, wheelchairs, children are slower to load/unload...be patient and considerate of their situation.

Yes for me 60-120 seconds is not on my radar as a wait...but each to their own.

Since we are up early and late, the lift wait is really instant to 30 seconds.

Cheers!

Did you actually wait 6 minutes for an elevator? When I was on Seaside I would wait around a minute max and if the elevators weren't coming my way I would just start walking.

Even two minutes is absurdly long to wait in my opinion. Maybe I 'm impatient.

NMsunset,

Jiffy Jeff Transportation. We use them frequently. Great service. Fancy Mercedes Vans. $15/pp

In case NM Sunset does not reply back... Try MSJ Transportation (you can reserve online) $15/pp They were excellent. Pick you up in Mercedes Benz mini vans... Very comfortable ride to port!!

Be prepared to wait. We used MJS this month. Over the phone they said pick-up would occur between 9:45am and 10:00am. However they didn't arrive until 10:45am. I understand things happen, but a phone call would have been nice. Standing in front of the hotel for over an hour was less than fun.

:D

We just got off the ship, the only place we could find the smell was in the port side hallway of mid deck 10. It was there all week. According to the captain they have solved much of the problem. I would agree.

That’s even worse than me taking photos of every dish on the evening buffet....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had a hard time getting a quote from jiffy jeff for shared transportation. Their private transportation quote was too expensive for us (about $35 per person from airport)

I've had a hard time getting a quote from jiffy jeff for shared transportation. Their private transportation quote was too expensive for us (about $35 per person from airport)

We used Uber.

I was happy just reading the title of this thread, then once I read the whole thing , I was overjoyed ! It's so refreshing to read good things ! !

I hope you enjoy the rest of your cruise and thanks for sharing your experience ! Perhaps you will share a full review when you get back ?

How true Nikki!

We appreciated your efforts/images/live review and benefited from what we learned by your efforts.

My goal was to also pay it forward and contribute to the factual realities onboard. Mainly was 'checking out' all the various decks and what the ship offers...smelling comes with breathing...so was doing that at the same time. No specific smell mission;p!

We are impressed by Seaside's expansive outside deck areas and pools, both with and without shade.

I'm not guaranteeing a smell free experience for anyone, as we are well traveled and understand things change.

Cheers!

That’s even worse than me taking photos of every dish on the evening buffet....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be prepared to wait. We used MJS this month. Over the phone they said pick-up would occur between 9:45am and 10:00am. However they didn't arrive until 10:45am. I understand things happen, but a phone call would have been nice. Standing in front of the hotel for over an hour was less than fun.

We had the exact opposite experience...I called the dispatcher when I arrived and then the driver called me.... I had a hard time hearing him so we began texting...Couldn't have been smoother (Coincidentally our p/u was scheduled around the same time)

We had the exact opposite experience...I called the dispatcher when I arrived and then the driver called me.... I had a hard time hearing him so we began texting...Couldn't have been smoother (Coincidentally our p/u was scheduled around the same time)

I'm glad to hear you had a MUCH better experience with MJS. We had to call the dispatcher and driver numerous times and were told the driver would be there in minutes which turned out to be much longer.

I'm glad to hear you had a MUCH better experience with MJS. We had to call the dispatcher and driver numerous times and were told the driver would be there in minutes which turned out to be much longer.

I guess nothing is guaranteed...sorry you had a more frustrating experience. I was more frustrated trying to hear/understand the driver when he called me!!!

I found it weird that he spent 81/2 hrs. roaming around the ship like a bloodhound.

The ironic thing is that the awful sewer smell was basically confined to our room and was not detected in the hall! Next thing he might want to do is wander around for another 81/2 hrs. noting how many bathrooms are out of order and how many toilets are plugged up. And if he still has time left he could check the temperature of the food being served in all the different restaurants!!!! And yes I do have an axe to grind!!