I have not kept up with Edge quick question about Suite prices

dgparent

I was looking at April 2019 is there a reason that Sky Suites are almost 5K per person ? I can book a Royal Suite for that on another ship, just wondering not flaming.

I was looking at April 2019 is there a reason that Sky Suites are almost 5K per person ? I can book a Royal Suite for that on another ship, just wondering not flaming.

New ship. Supply and demand. This ship / cruise line v another - apples to oranges. You can always choose the other lines for less but if you want to cruise on this ship in that suite, that's the price you'll pay. Not unusual with new launches. :)

We sailed Reflection within the 1st 3 months it was out and I do not remember it being very expensive, we will probably just book a Suite out of San Juan we can wait to sail on the Edge :)

We sailed Reflection within the 1st 3 months it was out and I do not remember it being very expensive, we will probably just book a Suite out of San Juan we can wait to sail on the Edge :)

I guess the Edge is being marketed as something quite new and unique and the pricing likely just reflects that. It was similar to when RCI Oasis class and Quantum class ships first launched. Their prices were at a premium level for a while, then they fell pretty much in line with the other ship classes. We are booked on Edge in August 2019 - non-suite - and IMO our price is reasonable and seems competitive for the itinerary. Maybe it's just affecting suites - and earlier itineraries - at this point.

I guess the Edge is being marketed as something quite new and unique and the pricing likely just reflects that. It was similar to when RCI Oasis class and Quantum class ships first launched. Their prices were at a premium level for a while, then they fell pretty much in line with the other ship classes. We are booked on Edge in August 2019 - non-suite - and IMO our price is reasonable and seems competitive for the itinerary. Maybe it's just affecting suites - and earlier itineraries - at this point.

Thanks for the insight, looks like a great ship enjoy your cruise

Prices for the suites have been rising steadily on X, but especially on Edge. When I priced out a suite for the new 2020 Edge sailings that were just released the cost was about $1,700 more than we are paying for our February 2019 sailing. For that sailing our S1 is just over $3K per person which we didn’t think was bad for a new ship. They are currently going for $5,400 per person! [emoji50]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I sailed Solstice when she first came out in December 2008. Sort of last minute too, in September of that year I booked the trip. Prices were a little more than I'd been used to paying, but, new ship. The only thing that I can really equate the extreme cost to is the demand. When S-Class was launched, the biggest customer base were loyal Celebrity cruisers. They were the ones who were in tune to the ships coming out. The hype and marketing is not nearly what it is for Edge. People didn't really know what to expect with S-class. Details weren't so sought after. Solstice class was innovative for cruising, a much more modern experience and proved to be extremely successful for them, and, they began attracting others to jump ship from other lines as well as have a product to offer to travelers who had never cruised before. This then made Celebrity much more well known in the cruising industry, and the travel industry. The big players at the time were RCI and Carnival. Solstice class really helped give Celebrity something to talk about, and people noticed. Celebrity is taking FULL advantage of this, as Edge has been talked about for years and kept quiet about until last year. They know the more hype they build over it, the more people will want to try, the more they can charge for bookings. In a nutshell, Celebrity went from a smaller lesser known cruise line to one of the major players in the game. More people have tried it now, and more people like it.

The TA in the spring, booking immediately for an S1 was 10,000 for two; now it is over 17,000 for two...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is insane although I shouldn’t be surprised. We looked at one of the Edge European sailings and it was $10K as well in a sky suite. We ended up booking the Infinity as a result although it wasn’t much cheaper.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Keep in mind Edge is the first ship DESIGNED with a suite area. The other ships added the areas over time and Michael's Club and Luminea are retrofitted from existing spaces and are spread around the ship. Edge has the suite amenities all in one area of the ship and now includes a sundeck. This is similar to Cunard where the "grills" have their own restaurant, lounge and sundeck and the price difference between a veranda and suite is pretty extreme.

On a cruise now and had a discussion with the Future Cruises manager today. Bottom line of the conversation is that the demand for all sailings on Edge has been insane and particularly the demand for the suites. So prices reflect demand. Once there are more Edge Class ships perhaps things will level off a bit but who knows?

On a cruise now and had a discussion with the Future Cruises manager today. Bottom line of the conversation is that the demand for all sailings on Edge has been insane and particularly the demand for the suites. So prices reflect demand. Once there are more Edge Class ships perhaps things will level off a bit but who knows?

I sure hope so...the economy is so much better and the new concept is really having a positive effect, not to mention all the advertising...but the prices are through the roof!

• 3 weeks later...
I sure hope so...the economy is so much better and the new concept is really having a positive effect, not to mention all the advertising...but the prices are through the roof!

Unusual situation with the April 2019 TA crossing. Was really surprised that Celebrity let a a big Online Travel Agency reserve a large part of the Edge ship for their own Agency Special President/ CEO cruise thus limited availability to book directly with Celebrity. It should be real interesting when we get to final payment time how many cancellations occur. The prices for Aqua Class and Sky Suites are presently just crazy. Now with the new dynamic dining added for the the MDR dinners I can see other problems that may occur for non Suite people when making their nightly dinner arrangements too.

Unusual situation with the April 2019 TA crossing. Was really surprised that Celebrity let a a big Online Travel Agency reserve a large part of the Edge ship for their own Agency Special President/ CEO cruise thus limited availability to book directly with Celebrity. It should be real interesting when we get to final payment time how many cancellations occur. The prices for Aqua Class and Sky Suites are presently just crazy. Now with the new dynamic dining added for the the MDR dinners I can see other problems that may occur for non Suite people when making their nightly dinner arrangements too.

I don’t believe that the large online TA’s block of cabins included suites. Suite prices are crazy because they're in high demand for the first ship of a new class. There are fewer Aqua cabins in the Edge, so demand quite naturally drives up the price for them. Prices were ridiculously high when Solstice was launched, but gradually returned to a rational level once one or two of her sisters were launched. I believe this will happen with the Edge class as well. Those of us who want to be on one of the first few cruises on Edge should expect to pay a premium. As a non-suite person, I’ll be dining in the MDRs on my Edge sailing, and I have no concerns about the new MDR dining dynamic:).

I don’t believe that the large online TA’s block of cabins included suites. Suite prices are crazy because they're in high demand for the first ship of a new class. There are fewer Aqua cabins in the Edge, so demand quite naturally drives up the price for them. Prices were ridiculously high when Solstice was launched, but gradually returned to a rational level once one or two of her sisters were launched. I believe this will happen with the Edge class as well. Those of us who want to be on one of the first few cruises on Edge should expect to pay a premium. As a non-suite person, I’ll be dining in the MDRs on my Edge sailing, and I have no concerns about the new MDR dining dynamic:).

Yes the Suites were included, i called the online Agency the morning after Celebrity released them at midnight. Prices were already inflated. Yes it is a new ship but the online agency taking over lots of the higher end cabins sure contributed to the crazy inflated price hikes. As I said it should be interesting to see how many cancellations occur before final payment ;)

Yes the Suites were included, i called the online Agency the morning after Celebrity released them at midnight. Prices were already inflated. Yes it is a new ship but the online agency taking over lots of the higher end cabins sure contributed to the crazy inflated price hikes. As I said it should be interesting to see how many cancellations occur before final payment ;)

That’s interesting because a TA at that agency told me suites were not included. Perhaps she meant they had been, but were already gone lol. Many of us booked during the Captain’s Club pre-release period, and prices increased from that point forward. Why do you think there will be numerous cancellations? I don’t know anyone who would cancel for anything other than a personal medical issue or a health crisis involving a family member.

That’s interesting because a TA at that agency told me suites were not included. Perhaps she meant they had been, but were already gone lol. Many of us booked during the Captain’s Club pre-release period, and prices increased from that point forward. Why do you think there will be numerous cancellations? I don’t know anyone who would cancel for anything other than a personal medical issue or a health crisis involving a family member.

Prices for the Aqua and Suites are just crazy inflated because of lower inventory being available because of the online agency. Last I looked Aqua cabins were $6,000 pp on a guarantee and Suites started at $10, 000pp. Many people will just wait until final payment to see if there will be price drops and decide then if they really want to pay the prevailing rate. This problem doesn’t seem to as great with inflated pricing in the categories below the Aqua Class, they seem to be more reasonable and not outrageously overpriced. Regardless, I will continue to monitor pricing and look forward to sailing on the Edge in whatever category I wind up in👍

Prices for the Aqua and Suites are just crazy inflated because of lower inventory being available because of the online agency. Last I looked Aqua cabins were $6,000 pp on a guarantee and Suites started at $10, 000pp. Many people will just wait until final payment to see if there will be price drops and decide then if they really want to pay the prevailing rate. This problem doesn’t seem to as great with inflated pricing in the categories below the Aqua Class, they seem to be more reasonable and not outrageously overpriced. Regardless, I will continue to monitor pricing and look forward to sailing on the Edge in whatever category I wind up in👍

Are you quoting prices for one of the Caribbean itineraries? I consider sky suites for some itineraries, but for our Edge cruise, we actually wanted to try an Infinite Veranda. I monitor fares too, but I haven’t high hopes that I’ll see a fare drop on our C2 that I booked on day one;). BTW after hearing about the large block of cabins (though “large” was never defined) I spoke with a nice TA at the agency in question. She was unable to beat the fare I already had. We’re looking forward to seeing our friends’ Sky suite, and hearing whether they think the new areas for suite guests justify the higher fares:).

Are you quoting prices for one of the Caribbean itineraries? I consider sky suites for some itineraries, but for our Edge cruise, we actually wanted to try an Infinite Veranda. I monitor fares too, but I haven’t high hopes that I’ll see a fare drop on our C2 that I booked on day one;). BTW after hearing about the large block of cabins (though “large” was never defined) I spoke with a nice TA at the agency in question. She was unable to beat the fare I already had. We’re looking forward to seeing our friends’ Sky suite, and hearing whether they think the new areas for suite guests justify the higher fares:).

I am only talking about inflated prices on the April 2019 Spring Transatlantic. Currently looking forward to see what the next Celebrity promotion will be for the fall of 2019 when the current one expires 👍