Jewel only or fleetwide changes?

Haven't seen or heard of a captain's table in a long time. Maybe two years. There is a great suite/pinnacle reception on LB. It is held in the Olive or Twist lounge with any kind of drinks you want and fabulous munchies. I would ask the concierge why no reception.

Bridge tours still available on Liberty. Looks like Jewel is cutting benefits on its own! I would definitely contact Bayley's office and inquire why the Jewel staff is doing all this. And I would do it while on board, if there is nothing forthcoming from on board higher staff.

Bridge tours still available on Liberty. Looks like Jewel is cutting benefits on its own! I would definitely contact Bayley's office and inquire why the Jewel staff is doing all this. And I would do it while on board, if there is nothing forthcoming from on board higher staff.

following

The Captain is the Master of the ship. He/she can decide whether or not to offer bridge tours and I'm not sure HQ can tell them what to do in that regard. Maritime regulations are law for those folks. HQ can suggest, but the Captain probably doesn't have to comply.

Also have not seen Captain's table dinners in a long time. Ours was an invite from the HD (hotel director) for top cruisers. It was a really nice dinner, several officers, four couples....and the wine was flowing. :)

There is also "meal with an officer" for pax with over 340 points in C&A on cruises that are over seven nights. Though one of ours, with only 16 pax on board that were over the 340 mark, was thrown in with all suites as a combo event.

Also have not seen Captain's table dinners in a long time. Ours was an invite from the HD (hotel director) for top cruisers. It was a really nice dinner, several officers, four couples....and the wine was flowing. :)

We were at a Captain's Table with Captain Goren Peterson on Majesty in September last year. He does not like to eat late so it was at 6 o'clock.

Hotel Director or other senior staff hosted "Captain's Tables" are becoming the norm now. It is always an honor to be selected to attend any of these.

Edited by Scotty G

We were at a Captain's Table with Captain Goren Peterson on Majesty in September last year. He does not like to eat late so it was at 6 o'clock.

Hotel Director or other senior staff hosted "Captain's Tables" are becoming the norm now. It is always an honor to be selected to attend any of these.

Indeed, we were extremely surprised and honored. It was actually HD John Denton, (who has since left the ship) on Majesty that invited us. Nice you had dinner with Captain Peterson! I don't like to eat late either, but JD liked the 8:00 time slot. ;)

On Jewel ots no more:

-Captain tables since last december and

- no suite and pinnacle receptions anymore.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Forums mobile app

Who is the current Captain and HD? I don't believe it is "ship specific" (JW, etc) but "Captain" and /or "HD" specific. We have been on "the same ship" (not JW specific) only several months apart and either had/didn't have/see /hear those items offered. Last year JW had fabulous suite receptions and I saw the Captain at the dinner table several evenings. It was a different Captain definitely and probably a different HD also.

Also, for many years now....many Captains prefer to invite guests to the specialty restaurant rather than the MDR for dinner.

Who is the current Captain and HD? I don't believe it is "ship specific" (JW, etc) but "Captain" and /or "HD" specific. We have been on "the same ship" (not JW specific) only several months apart and either had/didn't have/see /hear those items offered. Last year JW had fabulous suite receptions and I saw the Captain at the dinner table several evenings. It was a different Captain definitely and probably a different HD also.

Also, for many years now....many Captains prefer to invite guests to the specialty restaurant rather than the MDR for dinner.

We have had HD (hotel director) invite us to both venues. Majesty was in the MDR, and Radiance was in Chops. Both were dinner invites for top cruisers.