liquor policy for bringing onboard on Princess

goalman

From the Princess website.

As provided in the Passage Contract, guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at ports of call, will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to the guest's stateroom on the last day of the cruise. A member of the ship's staff will be at the gangway to assist guests with the storage of their shore side alcoholic purchases while our Boutiques staff will assist guests with shipboard alcoholic purchases.

As posted a number of times on Cruise Critic, the rules are 1 BOTTLE PER PERSON OF WINE OR CHAMPAGNE AT EMBARKATION ONLY. If these rules have changed then I have heard about them.

Not changed John, 1 bottle of wine/champers per person at embarkation only. You can take more on and pay $15 per bottle, corkage/tax, whatever you want to call it.:halo:

On the last two embarkation boarding's in fort Lauderdale there was no wine check in table to be found. You could have brought as much wine or liquor as you wanted.

Of course who will know what happens next cruise. ;)

The liquor check in table at distant ports was also very lax in any collection. I saw only a few people checking their purchases ans nothing was said if there was anything in your bags.

From the Princess website.

As provided in the Passage Contract, guests agree not to bring alcoholic beverages of any kind onboard for consumption, except one bottle of wine or champagne per adult of drinking age (no larger than 750 ml) per voyage, which will not be subject to a corkage fee if consumed in the stateroom. Additional wine or champagne bottles are welcome, but will incur a $15 corkage fee each, irrespective of where they are intended to be consumed. Liquor, spirits or beers are not permitted. Please remember that luggage will be scanned and alcohol outside of our policy will be removed and discarded.*

Alcoholic beverages that are purchased duty free from the ship's gift shop, or at ports of call, will be collected for safekeeping and delivered to the guest's stateroom on the last day of the cruise. A member of the ship's staff will be at the gangway to assist guests with the storage of their shore side alcoholic purchases while our Boutiques staff will assist guests with shipboard alcoholic purchases.

Not hard to find or understand really is it.

Easy kids.

There is no reason for anyone to get excited no matter the questions.

If the question has been asked 39 times and already has two responses just let it lie.

We were all new to Princess and Cruise Critic at one time and I feel sure that I asked some pretty obvious questions early on.

Mike:)

On the last two embarkation boarding's in fort Lauderdale there was no wine check in table to be found. You could have brought as much wine or liquor as you wanted.

Of course who will know what happens next cruise. ;)

The liquor check in table at distant ports was also very lax in any collection. I saw only a few people checking their purchases ans nothing was said if there was anything in your bags.

Thanks for posting. Therein lies the problem, no consistency in enforcement of rules, one ship lets you bring on booze, others don't. I have found that in my Princess cruising career.:halo:

Thanks for posting. Therein lies the problem, no consistency in enforcement of rules, one ship lets you bring on booze, others don't. I have found that in my Princess cruising career.:halo:

It's not so much as letting people do it openly but more so a lack of any real enforcement.

They might clamp down again next cruise but I really doubt it.