VIFP Application Deadline?

keychee

Is their a such thing? I’m planning to surprise hubby but I don’t want to add his number to the reservation in case he receives a notification. Can I wait until we board to add his number or will this need to be done prior to boarding?

He will think we are vacationing in Florida until he finds out we are going to the Port of Miami which is when I will “surprise” him - unless I have to tell him earlier due to his VIFP being added to the reservation.

Is their a such thing? I’m planning to surprise hubby but I don’t want to add his number to the reservation in case he receives a notification. Can I wait until we board to add his number or will this need to be done prior to boarding?

He will think we are vacationing in Florida until he finds out we are going to the Port of Miami which is when I will “surprise” him - unless I have to tell him earlier due to his VIFP being added to the reservation.

Since the most likely source of any such notification would be via e-mail, just use a different e-mail than the one he normally uses.

Since the most likely source of any such notification would be via e-mail, just use a different e-mail than the one he normally uses.

That won't work, as Carnival automatically sends out emails to the ones associated with the VIFP #. We just booked a surprise cruise for my dad's 80th, and had to quickly hack into my dad's email to delete the notifications. This was despite me asking the Carnival PVP to NOT copy him. She explained that it was impossible, as the system automatically sends those emails out.

CeleBrat

That won't work, as Carnival automatically sends out emails to the ones associated with the VIFP #. We just booked a surprise cruise for my dad's 80th, and had to quickly hack into my dad's email to delete the notifications. This was despite me asking the Carnival PVP to NOT copy him. She explained that it was impossible, as the system automatically sends those emails out.

CeleBrat

It's not that difficult to change the e-mail address associated with the VIFP #.

DH never gets his own notifications as I make all the reservations and only my e mail address is listed with Carnival.

Well then, it sounds like you're worrying needlessly. Unless he has access to your emails.

Go into his account and delete his email. If you don't have access to it, get the PVP to remove his email from his account. I did this a couple weeks ago because I wanted to surprise my daughter. I don't have her log in details so the PVP removed her email for me when I booked and she was not notified.

DH never gets his own notifications as I make all the reservations and only my e mail address is listed with Carnival.

Yeah there's nothing to worry about then. The only times I've received calls or texts from Carnival is the night before embarkation, when they're letting me know when to arrive to the pier.

It's not that difficult to change the e-mail address associated with the VIFP #.

Actually, I should have clarified--we also currently have a cruise booked (leaving in 2 weeks), so Dad needs his email to remain current, so he can continue to get his current reservation updates.

CeleBrat