Prepare to be....DISAPPOINTED!!

Yes everyone is entitled to an opinion. My problem is OP title. Telling people to "prepare to be disappointed" is not a way to start off your experience and not be prepared to received some "Defense!". Its more click bait imho. I also briefly viewed your youtube video and it sure sounded like your other half set it up for a not so wonderful cruise from the start, which may have jaded you.

So the problem with OP is that it used a title that attracted attention? Is there a rule somewhere that says critics must use boring titles?

Every time a cheerleader posts, it simply draws more attention to the OP. :D

So the problem with OP is that it used a title that attracted attention? Is there a rule somewhere that says critics must use boring titles?

Is that a bad thing on either side? I think it's great people read this, especially with the balance of opinions in it.

Just so I'm clear:

People posting negative opinions: Helping others

People posting positive opinions: Cheerleading

Is that correct?

Not sure if you understood my reply. :confused:

Is that a bad thing on either side? I think it's great people read this, especially with the balance of opinions in it.

Just so I'm clear:

Is that correct?

you're crystal

last i checked this is an open forum and i am entitled to "my" opinion and i did, after reading all the replies

you're crystal

last i checked this is an open forum and i am entitled to "my" opinion and i did, after reading all the replies

Of course you are, that's what makes this forum great! It's even better when people can see both sides.

We have always cruised Carnival but in 2014 we decided to give Royal a shot. WOW>..WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT. Also was on Indy....NEVER AGAIN... Service was HORRIBLE....staff obviously wasn't thrilled about being on the ship either...Sorry Royal....CARNIVAL ALL THE WAY

OP thank you for your opinion. That's what I take it as. You shouldn't worry to much about what other people say on the Royal Caribbean forum. Unfortunately when you point out negatives about Royal Caribbean on this forum its like you're insulting these peoples mother's.

I just made an assumption. In my opinion many of your complaints are petty and in no way guaranteed in your cruise contract. I am glad that my vacation experiences haven't been reduced to counting operational lightbulbs or exposed threads on chairs in the dining room. To each their own. Happy cruising.

You are seriously referencing the cruise contract to define what one's expectations should be for their cruise experience?

Just so I'm clear:

Is that correct?

No.

OP,

I once wrote an all negative review on the NCL Breakaway, honestly it was just like yours and yes, although I was disappointed at so many things as you were also, and I also warned the people on these boards, the difference was I I did have some positives on that cruise and let the others know that also.

Do you have any positives to say about the Oasis? Like to hear your thoughts, if you have any?

These kinds of threads are public services. Keep them coming folks, because they help people set the right expectations for their cruises.

If you set your expectations by the advertising or the 'cheerleaders', you're bound to be disappointed because the reality rarely matches the hype. If you set your expectations by the 'Eeyore's', you're bound to be very happy.

I read these threads and decide which, if any, of the complaints matter to me. Singers weren't as good as they used to be or the cabin steward didn't chat with me? I don't care, because those things don't matter to me. Food wasn't good or service levels have slipped below the point that at least some folks care about... I'm listening, because those things do matter to me.

I am “done” with this. Many of you are under a “spell” that cannot be broken. I wish you all well and good luck! 👍

I may be right behind you. I'm already jaded. i'm a few weeks away from embark and am setting the bar lowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

You are seriously referencing the cruise contract to define what one's expectations should be for their cruise experience?

Not to define expectations. OP stated that they did not get what they paid for. The cruise contract is the only place that defines what explicitly you are paying for. The OP's expectations and what they paid for are two different things it appears. I am in no way saying they were not disappointed, but I have a feeling they got what they paid for. In the rare case they didn't, they can consult legal counsel and seek to get their money back.

My overaction is in step with my opinion of the pettiness of their issues.

Wow, you’re really defending RCL. Do you work for them? Opinions are opinions and an individual’s experiences are THEIR experiences. They are valid for that person and may be for others. Please don’t attack someone’s opinions as “petty”. We post on this website to share our experiences and find support from one another. We are trying to HELP others to make educated decisions while cruising. We may not all agree but it’s important to acknowledge the validity of that person’s experience, not attack them.

I didn't feel as though I attacked, I said I felt that their opinions were petty. Which by your statement, my opinion is my opinion also. I also never said their opinion was invalid. I do not work for the cruise line but I do take exception to someone saying that they didn't get what they paid for. No where is it guaranteed that a light bulb won't be out. Expecting that a ship that sees thousands of passengers a week would not show some signs of this, at some point is , in my opinion unrealistic.

I made a comment to help earlier for the OP. I advised, to avoid many of the complaints they may want to seek out another line that is not a middle of the road mass market line. The issues they experienced would likely not happen on a Crystal or Oceania cruise.

I may be right behind you. I'm already jaded. i'm a few weeks away from embark and am setting the bar lowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I have done several cruises on Indy. I have enjoyed everyone of them. However, we all cruise for different reasons and have different needs and wants. Indy meets my needs and desires. Hopefully, the ship will do that for you too. I am not all that high maintenance and I am not a foody. Take care of the cabin, provide decent food, make me a drink when I want one, and keep the ship clean with the various venues in working order. As for the crew, it has been my experience that if I am friendly to them I get that friendliness returned in spades.

I would happily cruise on Indy again.

I have done several cruises on Indy. I have enjoyed everyone of them. However, we all cruise for different reasons and have different needs and wants. Indy meets my needs and desires. Hopefully, the ship will do that for you too. I am not all that high maintenance and I am not a foody. Take care of the cabin, provide decent food, make me a drink when I want one, and keep the ship clean with the various venues in working order. As for the crew, it has been my experience that if I am friendly to them I get that friendliness returned in spades.

I would happily cruise on Indy again.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Everyone should read the last two lines over and over.

The issues they experienced would likely not happen on a Crystal or Oceania cruise.

I might personally book a cruise if they put a surf rider machine on a Crystal cruise, AND they played the same type of music. They just better make sure they have a scooter line!

I don't think we are under any spell.....speaking for myself and cruised 75 ships so far, I haven't found a ship that I can say is perfect overall...every ships has negatives and positives, now granted, if I wanted a perfect cruse I would choose Seaborne, Seven Seas, Oceania, Viking etc. I am fine with the food not being excellent in the MDR so I go to the specialty restaurants nightly, surely they not the 5 star restaurants I go to on land based vacations but they meet my needs. I never had a dirty cabin, I never experienced rude staff on RC and as far as carpets and such I am not buying the ship so I can deal with some issues that I wouldn't want to deal with in my own house. I go on a cruise for the experience, the vacation just getting away and enjoying myself, I don't have to cook or clean.

I am thankful to hear the negatives such as the OP here says but its not that they brought up the nice and good things of the ship, they stood all negative, lets face there are positives to the Oasis also!

And perhaps some of that was my own fault as I did have some pluses and did not mention in this thread, but instead referenced you to my actual "review" of the ship (which, incidentally, has not been posted yet). (Yes, we had a few pluses). Irregardless, I didn't post for the court of public opinion. As experienced cruiser, I have seen a general decline in what you get for what you pay for. Ships are nicer, sure, but bigger is not necessarily better.

-YO

Not really, I think having cruised since I was younger and seeing the cruise industry evolve, I have enough experience to say when something is good and something is bad, IMHO. My EXPECTATION is based on past cruises, not a cruise contract. I've seen the decline in the food go from served hot to served lukewarm. To "plated with pride" to "plopped on a plate." To waiters apologizing for the food coming out wrong to arguing with you that YOU are wrong. (Ever hear the adage, the customer is always right?). To staff waiting for a guest to walk thru to being told "get out of the way."

Do I care the light was out? Did it make my cruise horrible, NO. But in the grand scheme of things, it boils down to attention to detail. Did the banana split taste fine, sure. But it's sloppy being thrown on a plate. Cruising used to be like going to nice Hilton or Hyatt. If I want Ritz Carlton, I'll go Crystal or Viking (or Ritz Carlton's New ship), but unfortunately now it's been stepped down further to a buffet like a Hampton Inn or such and the main dining room food can be compared to any big chain, not something exclusive. If I wanted that, that's what I would have paid for, but it isn't. It's what I've experienced in the past. (and really the change has been noticed in the past 2-3 years.) Is it good, sure...for some, but that's not what I EXPECTED since past cruises I didn't experience that. All a matter of opinion.

-YO

I'm quite amused at a lot of the posts being so defensive. I find it somewhat funny people's feelings are hurt by my title. OH WELL. I was prepared to be amazed seeing all these big ships. I've yet to sail Oasis class. Biggest RCCL I've been on prior to Indy was Mariner (which I had a very good experience - good food, good service, ship kept up). So...I do have something to compare. Granted it was several years ago, there was a difference.

And perhaps some of that was my own fault as I did have some pluses and did not mention in this thread, but instead referenced you to my actual "review" of the ship (which, incidentally, has not been posted yet). (Yes, we had a few pluses). Irregardless, I didn't post for the court of public opinion. As experienced cruiser, I have seen a general decline in what you get for what you pay for. Ships are nicer, sure, but bigger is not necessarily better.

-YO

You can post the review on this thread

You can post the review on this thread

I don't have it anymore as I submitted to CC. It essentially was my letter to Richard Fain, CEO. I put a little extra in at the top and bottom putting some pluses on my room and a few other things, but...I'll gladly post that if the that puts a smile on people's faces. lol So many angry people. Funny to read.

Incidentally, I received a very cordial letter from the Founder and Owner of Autism on the Seas indicating some of their challenges and that there are some positives coming technology wise that will enhance those traveling with people with special needs. Nice to know their level of involvement with RCCL. He even provided me his personal cell # and I hope to have some discussion with him.

As for RCCL Corporate, I was contacted by a representative of Mr. Fain, but we have yet to connect. Scheduled to speak tomorrow. As a company, RCCL has been responsive, and that is a plus.

-YO

Tcrandal- LOL a scooter line I understand what you mean! LOL

Yo hi:

I been cruising for years all the way back in the 1970's, when you board the ships back at that timethey immediately offer live entertainment and the food was fabulous and the waiters wore white gloves too and lets not forget the huge wonderful midnight buffets! Sure I miss it.

Then by the 1980's the decline started and I remain to keep cruising because I love being on a ship at sea. Now if they have a week long cruise to nowhere I be even happier lol. :confused::D(yn)

Omg.... you are entitled to your opinion because YOU paid your money for a great cruise. I only picked RCI ( my first time) because I thought they were supposed to be the best of the best but I keep seeing reviews that say opposite. I paid a lot of money for this and expect top notch accommodation and service. I don’t care what anyone thinks about it. I have yet to sail ( I leave next weekend) so I can’t say anything about RCI yet. But for what I paid, I expect to be blown away otherwise I will stick with carnival and Norwegian. Oh and try other lines because I like to try them all.

Omg.... you are entitled to your opinion because YOU paid your money for a great cruise. I only picked RCI ( my first time) because I thought they were supposed to be the best of the best but I keep seeing reviews that say opposite. I paid a lot of money for this and expect top notch accommodation and service. I don’t care what anyone thinks about it. I have yet to sail ( I leave next weekend) so I can’t say anything about RCI yet. But for what I paid, I expect to be blown away otherwise I will stick with carnival and Norwegian. Oh and try other lines because I like to try them all.

The cruise may not be perfect, but you are going to love it. Someone else is going to clean your room, including the bathroom EVERY DAY. Someone else is going to cook your meals. All you will have to do is pick a place to relax and sip a drink or two, perhaps catch a show or two, dance a night or two away, that kind of stuff.