Ocean view cabin or balcony cabin for 4

plunker

Hi everyone. We are thinking of booking the Caribbean Princess the last week of August. We are trying to keep the costs down as much as possible. If you had to have one or the other would you pick a balcony room or the ocean view? I have seen pics. of the ocean view set up for 4 but not the balcony room. We are trying to decide if it will be too crowded. The last option is to get 2 insides which is what we usually do but that is the most expensive option. Any help would be appreciated.

Unless you are getting some sort of really good deal (free grats or whatever), I wouldn't book right now. Prices on Caribbean cruises are seriously going down. I have an April cruise, and at the time I booked, I got the least costly cabin I could. Well, now that we are in the penalty period so I can't change it, the cost is half of what I paid. It is a different category, so no OBC heading my way. I'm not unhappy with my booking, but knowing that someone else can book for half of my cost is a little rough.

If you definitely want to do the cruise, I'd book 4 people in one cabin, just decide whether you want the balcony or not. I really believe that this will be "too crowded," whether you have a balcony or not. BUT this reserves a room for you. And you have until May or later to decide to keep it, follow prices and get a better deal, or whatever. Right now, I don't see any "freebies" associated with your cruise, and the price for a 7 day is about what the bottom price is for a 10 day in April. I could now get a 10 day in an inside for $699 in April. I don't KNOW that your cost will decrease, but I really don't believe that it will increase.

You have 2 things in your favor--the Caribbean Princess is having well reported issues with motors and Caribbean cruises in general are not selling well.

A couple of weeks ago, I booked an Alaska cruise in August for significantly less per day than I'm paying for April, both in terms of dollars paid and in terms of the free gratuities and OBC that I'm getting.

Edited by moki'smommy

The only reason we were thinking of doing this cruise is because they have the promotion for 3rd and 4th person in cabin is 1 dollar.

Ahhh... Suddenly I understand. :D

The only reason we were thinking of doing this cruise is because they have the promotion for 3rd and 4th person in cabin is 1 dollar.

OK, so you are getting a "deal." That makes sense, and when this promotion ends, the rate will go up to something like $499 for that third and 4th person. That's a good deal if you are willing to be rather close together for the week. There is no way to know whether the first and second person rates will drop when the 3rd and 4th deal is over, but it won't likely drop by $499.

Book it now. If you see something you like better later, you can refare or rebook.

we did 4 in OV cabin, leaving beds as twins with pullman over each. It was our teens kids and it was totally fine. Have done the same on RCCL. I like Princess layout bettter, with the Princess closet is open next to bathroom with a full wall--sorta makes a dressing room area where someone can change. If the cost is minimal (for me that would be $200 on a7 day), I would consider a balcony to get the extra space. Just be sure to check on the 3/4 beds that it is not just a DBL sofabed. My kids each need a bed of their own.

we did 4 in OV cabin, leaving beds as twins with pullman over each. It was our teens kids and it was totally fine. Have done the same on RCCL. I like Princess layout bettter, with the Princess closet is open next to bathroom with a full wall--sorta makes a dressing room area where someone can change. If the cost is minimal (for me that would be $200 on a7 day), I would consider a balcony to get the extra space. Just be sure to check on the 3/4 beds that it is not just a DBL sofabed. My kids each need a bed of their own.

No couch or sofabed on Grand Class until you get to mini-suite. It will be two pullman bunks. In balcony, they come from ceiling. In OV they are on the wall. EM

With the balcony, you actually have a little more space. You are the only one who know if you will be crowded. I would suggest that each person pack a "bathroom" box like a shoe box that can be carried in and out of the bathroom -- or to the gym area where the showers are larger.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is reason enough.....:Dlook forward to lots of laughs and memories to retell again & again.......wish I could convince family or friends to do this just for the heck of it...I'd even treat...but they would all look at me and laugh....

I would really lean toward the balcony if the price difference isn’t a deal breaker. As someone else mentioned you’re in essence getting more space (especially on the grand class ships) and fresh air.....which if I recall was a real perk with two teenagers:).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums