NOS now. If you enjoy solarium pool,

And do all your stuff standing or sitting at solarium bar? And in the pool? Who wants to see overweight, bearded men, with tiny feathered hats, stand in a circle, arms around each other, kissing and groping?

Live and let live, huh?

So, it would be OK for overweight, bearded men with tiny Speedos with arms around similar women, similarly dressed kissing and groping??

Excessive, inappropriate PDA is excessive, inappropriate PDA regardless of who's doing it.

Unfortunately, I've witnessed many episodes of excessive, inappropriate PDA on many cruises, however, since it was between men and women, I didn't see any posts complaining of it.

After all, it was their vacation, that they had paid for. Who are we to tel them what they can and can't do? And what they can and can't wear to the MDR....... :D;)

Or a drink at solarium bar without overt, aggressive pda, avoid Arno Bear cruises. I don't know how to find out prior to boarding, but they own the pool, strut around with tiny little hats on (designed for dogs maybe) with feathers, top hat, santa hat, etc. and make others uncomfortable.

40+ cruises and I've never seen another couple with their hands down the other's swim trunks standing at the bar or in the pool.

Have I simply been lucky on prior cruises?:o:o

Sorry to hear that they are on your cruise and causing you grief. On a side note, please have them disembark with you on Sunday and do not let them do a B2B. I am bringing my family on for a family vacation this Sunday and would hope to not have this type of behaviour on our voyage.

Or a drink at solarium bar without overt, aggressive pda, avoid Arno Bear cruises. I don't know how to find out prior to boarding, but they own the pool, strut around with tiny little hats on (designed for dogs maybe) with feathers, top hat, santa hat, etc. and make others uncomfortable.

40+ cruises and I've never seen another couple with their hands down the other's swim trunks standing at the bar or in the pool.

Have I simply been lucky on prior cruises?:o:o

Every time I read the comment about the hats I fall on the floor laughing. It’s so funny. :')

I’m not going to lie, being a mother I would have been grossed out because my kids are with me all of the time. But this was hilarious to read. My brother is gay and I would never tolerate him doing such. I am straight and I would never tolerate myself doing that in a public place. I get what you are saying. There is a place for everything.

Well it was in the Solarium, so your kids wouldn’t/shouldn’t be in there anyways!

So, it would be OK for overweight, bearded men with tiny Speedos with arms around similar women, similarly dressed kissing and groping??

Excessive, inappropriate PDA is excessive, inappropriate PDA regardless of who's doing it.

Unfortunately, I've witnessed many episodes of excessive, inappropriate PDA on many cruises, however, since it was between men and women, I didn't see any posts complaining of it.

After all, it was their vacation, that they had paid for. Who are we to tel them what they can and can't do? And what they can and can't wear to the MDR....... :D;)

You have never seen this with women/men on any cruise ship.

Sorry to hear that they are on your cruise and causing you grief. On a side note, please have them disembark with you on Sunday and do not let them do a B2B. I am bringing my family on for a family vacation this Sunday and would hope to not have this type of behaviour on our voyage.

Hopefully 9 days has been enough for them and you can enjoy your family vacation. I heard that your cruise is full of children so your kids should have lots of company.

DW and I were on same cruise, we heard about the Bears (group of 230) right after we booked but figured we would just try to not cross paths if possible. Everything posted thus far about what they wore and PDA was true. Though DW and I are not comfortable with that style and I won't be unable to unsee what I saw for 9 days, I will give them some credit as they pretty much stayed in the solarium and did not dominate both hot tubs. The other hot tub in the solarium was pretty much left to others to enjoy which we did for almost every day of the cruise. No doubt they had a great time but it did not diminish our cruise and we enjoyed being on board.

DW and I were on same cruise, we heard about the Bears (group of 230) right after we booked but figured we would just try to not cross paths if possible. Everything posted thus far about what they wore and PDA was true. Though DW and I are not comfortable with that style and I won't be unable to unsee what I saw for 9 days, I will give them some credit as they pretty much stayed in the solarium and did not dominate both hot tubs. The other hot tub in the solarium was pretty much left to others to enjoy which we did for almost every day of the cruise. No doubt they had a great time but it did not diminish our cruise and we enjoyed being on board.

Right there with ya cruise buddies!! We enjoyed those 9 days too!! We met a few guys from the group, who were really nice and courteous, and luckily did not experience or see any rude behavior, which really anybody could do, gay or straight. We did see some rude "Golden" cruisers though but just disregarded them. Sorry to hear about your TMI moments!! Maybe you need another cruise to create better memories to take their place!!:*

Sally, we really enjoyed seeing you, Tom, Lorraine and Russel on the cruise. Already going through withdrawal on not being on the ship. :cool:

Yeah, we are too! However, my favorite thing to return home to is our big shower!!:hearteyes: Do not miss the "tube"!! Kinda miss hearing the "whoosh" when I flush though!!:o

Do theme cruises of all types mainly depart from the US mainland? Our cruise departs from Puerto Rico and I haven't noticed any theme cruises departing there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are many Quinceanera cruises (celebrations of a girl turning 15) from Puerto Rico. Although, with the post Irma situation, I am not sure how many there will be now. We had one on a cruise of ours and the girls were sweet and respectful.

I think it is good to google group cruises with your cruise date and see what comes up.

There are many Quinceanera cruises (celebrations of a girl turning 15) from Puerto Rico. Although, with the post Irma situation, I am not sure how many there will be now. We had one on a cruise of ours and the girls were sweet and respectful.

I think it is good to google group cruises with your cruise date and see what comes up.

Thanks for the reply. We did have several groups in 2016. No problems Quinceanera groups.

I just googled our next cruise and found out that we are missing the annual Elvis's birthday cruise. It's right before ours. I imagine they'll be vacuuming up rhinestones all week after, and the galley will be all out of peanut butter and bananas until they restock.

roughly 75 fat hairy guys basically having group foreplay in the pool

Shorts on formal nights are a much worse sight.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:I'm going to go with "not quite"

• 4 weeks later...

I was on that Navigator cruise a few weeks ago and saw none of what you saw. Yes they took over the hot tub but so what? The guys I saw and spoke with were extremely nice and well behaved. If you want to avoid them look on their website for future cruises.

My wife and I were on FOS in November with the Pied Piper group of, I believe, 600. We had a terrific time. There were no over excessive PDA's. I don't know if this is a difference in the 2 groups or not. I will not make any changes to a cruise based on this group.

You can also use this website to look for all kinds of groups:

http://themecruisefinder.com/index.html

If you're specifically worried about "Bear" groups, do an advanced search with "Alternative Lifestyles" with the description using "Bears" and cruise line "Royal".

Checking right now these show up:

Southern Caribbean Gay Bears Cruise 2018

Freedom of the Seas

5/12/2018

Mediterranean Gay Bears Cruise 2018

Symphony of the Seas

9/9/2018

Australia & New Zealand Gay Bears Cruise 2018

Radiance of the Seas

11/21/2018

Bahamas Gay Bears Cruise 2019

Anthem of the Seas

2/15/2019

Alaska & Hubbard Glacier Gay Bears Cruise 2019

Radiance of the Seas

6/21/2019

Wouldn't bother my husband & I, but I can sympathize with those who it does. I have read posts here where large groups have taken over lounges every day, etc. (even complaints about scrapbookers or quilting groups!) and feel bad for those cruisers too. Guess it doesn't hurt to see who will be onboard with you and how/if that group will impact your cruise. :cool:

I got stuck on a Chumley's Bear Cruise one time and never again. We had the same issues with the group taking over the pool area and exhibiting extreme PDA. Absolutely gross. Prior to booking any cruise I now do several Google searches to try and find if there any "affinity" groups going to be on board so I can avoid the cruise.

I haven't been in a chumley cruise, but I've read horror stories on here. I also try to research if there are any large groups on board. I think to much pda from anyone shouldn't be done in public on a cruise ship. No one wants to see someone else's hand in another one's pants. Those that do probably get :rolleyes:off on it.