Which Elite perks follow from Royal Caribbean to Celebrity

judydoc

This is the first cruise on Celebrity since becoming Elite on Royal Caribbean. What can we expect on Celebrity?

If you are Diamond or above on Royal, you qualify for the Elite level on Celebrity.

Here is a link to the Captain's Club benefits on Celebrity for all the various levels:

Captain's Club Benefits & Membership

Enjoy your cruise.

This is the first cruise on Celebrity since becoming Elite on Royal Caribbean. What can we expect on Celebrity?

They are different perks, check the previous posters link. Also, it is not automatic, you have to get a Captains Club number and have it linked to your reservation.

Have Elite benefits changed in the past few years? On our last X sailing on Eclipse a few years ago, we were Elite thanks to our RCI Diamond level. I remember having 3 drink coupons every evening during cocktail time, along with access to Michael's Club. We also had the Elite breakfast every morning in one of the specialty restaurants that included cappucinos and lattes. Are these benefits gone?

Have Elite benefits changed in the past few years? On our last X sailing on Eclipse a few years ago, we were Elite thanks to our RCI Diamond level. I remember having 3 drink coupons every evening during cocktail time, along with access to Michael's Club. We also had the Elite breakfast every morning in one of the specialty restaurants that included cappucinos and lattes. Are these benefits gone?

Having the 3 drinks is not the norm, that is only done when there are an abnormal number of elites on board. The default is the cocktail hour usually held the sky lounge. You will not have access to Michaels club that is for Suites only now. The breakfast is still held and usually in one of the Specialty restaurants. You will receive a letter in your cabin explaining everything.

Having the 3 drinks is not the norm, that is only done when there are an abnormal number of elites on board. The default is the cocktail hour usually held the sky lounge. You will not have access to Michaels club that is for Suites only now. The breakfast is still held and usually in one of the Specialty restaurants. You will receive a letter in your cabin explaining everything.

Yes, this is correct.

And the coffee house breakfast is still available and it will either be a buffet (pastries, muffins, cold cuts & smoked salmon, cheeses, fruit, yogurt, etc) or sit down service from a menu with basically the same types of items ... nothing made or order or hot breakfast served. I just like a small breakfast so it is perfect by me. And yes, you can order specialty coffees as well as Mimosas or Bloody Marys and smoothies.

We are also Diamond on RCCL and what you won't get is any balcony or above discount or the free photo, welcome beverage / snack in your cabin. The cocktails in the evening are not held in a dedicated lounge but will be closed off to all other guests from 5-7 PM. It will not be open for the evenings where the captain's gala takes place (and, I believe, embarkation night ... but don't quote me on that).

Oh ... and you can get a free pressing or two on your clothing.

Yes, this is correct.

And the coffee house breakfast is still available and it will either be a buffet (pastries, muffins, cold cuts & smoked salmon, cheeses, fruit, yogurt, etc) or sit down service from a menu with basically the same types of items ... nothing made or order or hot breakfast served. I just like a small breakfast so it is perfect by me. And yes, you can order specialty coffees as well as Mimosas or Bloody Marys and smoothies.

We are also Diamond on RCCL and what you won't get is any balcony or above discount or the free photo, welcome beverage / snack in your cabin. The cocktails in the evening are not held in a dedicated lounge but will be closed off to all other guests from 5-7 PM. It will not be open for the evenings where the captain's gala takes place (and, I believe, embarkation night ... but don't quote me on that).

Oh ... and you can get a free pressing or two on your clothing.

There are no free cocktails on embarking night or the night of the Captain's Gala.

Another difference we have noticed is RCCL will let you leave the room with the drinks as X won't unless this has changed. We have been doing Royal lately but will be back on X next year. There has been some discussion on here about Royal possibly changing perks. We enjoy what they provide now!

Another difference we have noticed is RCCL will let you leave the room with the drinks as X won't unless this has changed. We have been doing Royal lately but will be back on X next year. There has been some discussion on here about Royal possibly changing perks. We enjoy what they provide now!

This is true ... unless you are on a cruise where they give you the coupons, you can only get the free drinks in the Sky Lounge (or whatever other designated area there might be), and only for a limited time. AND - you have to be dressed "smart casual" ... and you can't take the drinks out, except I noticed last month on the Eclipse that plenty of people were doing just that.

That policy was very disappointing for us, because we like to stay out on deck or in the hot tubs until sunset, and can't get dressed & upstairs in time. I let the CC dude know how we felt, and also have sent a note via email. And noted this on my survey.

I know it's just a perk, and they certainly don't have to give us anything, but still ... if they're going to give it, make it available to everyone who is eligible, not just those who choose to go into the lounge!