Offer to Upgrade to a JR Suite on Adventure of the Seas

We are sailing on the Jewel of the Seas from San Juan on April 1st and received the same email. The offer was to be put on a list for a JS from our balcony for $550.

We got a good deck 10 balcony on a guarantee, paid $1150 before grats (in Canadian $) for both of us, so no will do!

I agree, cancel the transfer if you can and take a taxi!

Remember that the double points may not apply for an upgrade. You need to ask,more than likely they are not

This is an up-sell not an upgrade but low cost up-sells don’t include double points. The only problem is what is the definition of a low cost up-sell?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by later

Will look on US site.

Thanks for the UK site info. I am not sure I have seen this on the US site but it most likely exists.

My upgrades/up-sells have always been from JS or higher so it doesn’t apply to any of my situations.

You certainly won't be "over" the pool or WJ...hopefully you can get something on our favorite deck #9...But do consider everything....and remember the WJ is carpeted and the pool area is too far forward to be over the JS's on deck #10 on Adventure.

They do now have 4 JS on deck 11. Reason I know is that I upgraded myself about a week ago to that JS from a balcony (for tomorrow) for the exact same price they offered you - to be precise ($749). Be careful though I lost $200 OBC and no one told me.

This is an up-sell not an upgrade but low cost up-sells don’t include double points. The only problem is what is the definition of a low cost up-sell?

So upsell is if they contact you and upgrade is if you do it on your own?

Not exactly. Upsell is if they contact you and want more money for an uograde. They can also contact you for a free upgrade, though that seems very rare anymore.

We did an upgrade on Harmony in December. We watched prices and the JR suites came down lower than what we paid for an ocean view balcony. We upgraded to the Jr Suite for no additional $ and we received double points. Maybe it is only if they upgrade you that you do not receive the double points?? We upgraded ourselves with no phone calls and this was our first Jr

Suite so our first experience with upgrading after final payment.

Maybe it is only if they upgrade you that you do not receive the double points?? .

You don't get the double points if you don't pay the published rate - with an upsell, they offer you the room below the published rate. If the rate is below what you already paid, then you are paying the published rate.

also found out that if you downgrade after final payment they don't refund the difference. I did my math and figured out I would be owed money and she said it was the "same price". Took two more calls to figure out what was going on. And there would NOT have been a credit to our account either. So instead of losing $99 I upgraded and paid the same $750 (as the OP) for the but get the double points because I upsold myself. LOL.

Thanks everyone for the feedback I did put my name on the list and will ask the questions about where the JS will be as I don’t want to be over the pool or Windjammer . Also I didn’t know about not getting the double points. I’ll wait to see if I do get a call

If you call, and they offer it to you at $750, say you really don't want to spend that much and offer $250. They will likely come back with a counter offer in the middle somewhere. Worst case, they don't, and you can pay the $750.

You don't get the double points if you don't pay the published rate - with an upsell, they offer you the room below the published rate. If the rate is below what you already paid, then you are paying the published rate.

Thank You! That was the first time we had ever changed rooms in over 20 cruises so I was not sure how it all worked. Makes sense.

What was the original price for it, and why didn't you see value in a JS then? Is that the room your really want, or is there a perception of a deal that is influencing you?

It's different for everyone. I used to think grand rooms were a no-brainer on vacation. Then, I realized that I don't sit in the room enough for it to make any sense. Personally, I'd rather use the money for more activities and vacations

What was the original price for it, and why didn't you see value in a JS then? Is that the room your really want, or is there a perception of a deal that is influencing you?

It's different for everyone. I used to think grand rooms were a no-brainer on vacation. Then, I realized that I don't sit in the room enough for it to make any sense. Personally, I'd rather use the money for more activities and vacations

This is a good point on upgrading how much time do you really spend in your room? I have not received a call yet from them on the upgrade offer and if I do I’m still unsure if I will accept it. Will try to see if they will lower the price if not I’ll let it go, more money to spend 😀

Typically' date=' what would be considered a good value for a Jr. Suite? Does anyone have a price point that they look at (pp/per day) over the price of a regular Oceanview Balcony?[/quote']

$150pp/day for a low-season Caribbean cruise.

We did an upgrade on Harmony in December. We watched prices and the JR suites came down lower than what we paid for an ocean view balcony. We upgraded to the Jr Suite for no additional $ and we received double points. Maybe it is only if they upgrade you that you do not receive the double points?? We upgraded ourselves with no phone calls and this was our first Jr

Suite so our first experience with upgrading after final payment.

We also got a free upgrade from a balcony to a JS on Freedom and received double points, in fact the C&A agent I spoke to on the phone mentioned it before I could ask.