I may be late to the party, but what is happening to HMC sailings?!?!?!?!

missholly24

I am looking to book next year Feb. for our yearly cruise. I find no sailings over 6 days and only a few ships go to HMC (aka the greatest place on earth). What is happening!!!??? Please don't say they are pushing Amber no beach Cove....I will legitimately cry. Half the reason we come back to Carnival over and over is HMC. I understand that may not be rational but albeit its true. Heald said anything re: this? I'm sure he's been asked. I did a quick search, no results. Everything always come down to money, so I'm guessing money....and no dock. :loudcry::loudcry::loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:

I am looking to book next year Feb. for our yearly cruise. I find no sailings over 6 days and only a few ships go to HMC (aka the greatest place on earth). What is happening!!!??? Please don't say they are pushing Amber no beach Cove....I will legitimately cry. Half the reason we come back to Carnival over and over is HMC. I understand that may not be rational but albeit its true. Heald said anything re: this? I'm sure he's been asked. I did a quick search, no results. Everything always come down to money, so I'm guessing money....and no dock. :loudcry::loudcry::loudcry::loudcry::loudcry:

Holland America cruise line is using HMC during winter months.

You bring up a good point, and thank you for pointing it out since HMC is certainly a favorite beach/port of call.

We are doing a 7 day out of Jacksonville in May-HMC, Grand Turk and Amber Cove.( Fantasy Class ship)

We were booked on a cruise for next year that would have taken us to Princess Cay (Eleuthera Island) but changed the cruise. Now heading to Eastern Caribbean.

Thanks for all the suggestions and info! I will have to find an alternative I suppose. My cruises over the last several years have been in the cold months on 7 day cruises to Eastern Carib including HMC leaving from Florida ports (easiest to fly into and leave out of from Michigan). I am seeing that will be changing for next year and probably years to come! I do like Royal Caribbean's Labadee-maybe that is the fix. Nothing compares to HMC though....:(

Can I ask - What did you like about it?? We thought it was boring. The best part was the tender ride back and forth. How is it any different than Grand Turk? I loved Grand Turk because of the pool option.

Since Princess Cay is under the Princess line usually, here is a link from their site that describes it, perhaps a visit to that private island if no HMC is available would do:

https://www.princess.com/excursion/exlistfordestination.do?portid=RSD&t=C&exType=S

For what it's worth, Princess Cays is not a private island.

Holland America cruise line is using HMC during winter months.

This is correct. Half Moon Cay is technically the HAL island. But, they really only have a lot of Carribean cruises in the winter. Carnival uses it in the summer when HAL is really not around to use it.

from wikipedia:

Princess Cays is a tourist resort at the southern end of the island of Eleuthera, Bahamas. It is owned by Princess Cruises, who use it as a port-of-call on cruises in the Caribbean.

Which would make it a private island.

Lol... I mean, what do I even say. Why don't you read again what you just posted, slowly. :o