NCL specialty dining package logistics

bag4321

We'll be cruising on the NCL Escape soon and have purchased the 3 night specialty dining package. Can someone please help explain how the package works exactly in the restaurants with a la carte menus - do you have a limit on the number of courses/dishes you can order, or does the package only cover up to a certain dollar amount per person? Thanks!

As soon as dining reservations open, you should make reservations to get the dates and times you want.

Moderno has a cover charge and you eat as much meat as you can handle

Teppanyaki are set menus served by the hibachi chef

Cagney's, Le Bistro, La Cucina, Margaritaville are a la cart and you can have one entree, multiple appetizers and multiple desserts

Bayamo is an a la cart and you can have one entree, multiple appetizers and multiple desserts, but there is an upcharge

Pinchos is an a la cart and have as many tapas as you want, but there is an upcharge\

Supper Club Cabaret is fixed 5 course menu and dinner show, but there is an upcharge

We'll be cruising on the NCL Escape soon and have purchased the 3 night specialty dining package. Can someone please help explain how the package works exactly in the restaurants with a la carte menus - do you have a limit on the number of courses/dishes you can order, or does the package only cover up to a certain dollar amount per person? Thanks!
The terms and conditions state there is only a limit on entrees in Cagney's and Le Bistro but in La Cucina this week the waiter was very specific that we could only get 2 total "apps" from the first three sections of the menu, one entree and one dessert. I could have made a fuss since i did had the terms printed out in my room, but chose not to. It was enough food, but kind of soured me on the SDP.

Bird gave a perfect some it up each restaurant.

So say you go to Cagneys... The menu is fairly simple and small. The waiter will tell you you get 1 app, 1 entrée and 1 dessert. But I guess from everything I've read on these boards you can get more than 1 app. But this is what waiters have said specificly to me. So you just order what you'd like from the menu as if you were in a land locked restaurant, when done they will have you sign your receipt and you can choose to leave a tip or not. A nice thing I like to do is have my dessert wrapped up and I bring it back to my room for a snack later.

Whilst people are sometimes told that apps and desserts are limited, I am yet to see a single person report that they have actually been charged for multiples.

It appears that some wait staff believe that the limit exists, or are told to say that, the system that actually produces the bill is not aware of any such limits. Probably because they don’t exist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The terms and conditions state there is only a limit on entrees in Cagney's and Le Bistro but in La Cucina this week the waiter was very specific that we could only get 2 total "apps" from the first three sections of the menu, one entree and one dessert. I could have made a fuss since i did had the terms printed out in my room, but chose not to. It was enough food, but kind of soured me on the SDP.

This was on the Escape? From what I've read it seemed this was the one ship that didn't have these antics going on (maybe I recall one report last week??).

I think tech you are only to have 1 appetizer, one entree and one dessert but it seems many of the restaurants do not follow this guide line. At least this is my understanding.

I think tech you are only to have 1 appetizer, one entree and one dessert but it seems many of the restaurants do not follow this guide line. At least this is my understanding.

I’m almost certain that it is the other way round.

Officially you are only restricted to one entree, with other courses not being limited, but some restaurants do not follow this.

However, as I said earlier. I have still not heard of one reported example of anyone actually being charged for multiple apps or desserts. Staff state that there is a restriction , but whenever anyone has said that they ordered anyway they didn’t get charged, as far as I have been able to tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk