Question about the 2 bottles of wine policy

• 1 month later...
Per stateroom, regardless of how many guests in the stateroom.

While I'm one who usually follows rules, I'm curious how they know if two passengers both carrying 2 bottles of wine are in the same cabin.

Thanks. We were trying to figure out how best to pack and carry on the wine. We have 4 staterooms in our party and were hoping we could put all 8 bottles packaged together (considering a rolling soft sided cooler).

"Thanks. We were trying to figure out how best to pack and carry on the wine. We have 4 staterooms in our party and were hoping we could put all 8 bottles packaged together (considering a rolling soft sided cooler)."

Last summer we carried on 6 bottles (3 cabins). I carried four bottles together and all they did was ask how many cabins we had.

"Thanks. We were trying to figure out how best to pack and carry on the wine. We have 4 staterooms in our party and were hoping we could put all 8 bottles packaged together (considering a rolling soft sided cooler)."

Last summer we carried on 6 bottles (3 cabins). I carried four bottles together and all they did was ask how many cabins we had.

Great! Thank you! We are all hoping to board together so worst case we can literally hand out the wine for each stateroom to carry 2 through, but it seems easier to just pack it all together.

Great! Thank you! We are all hoping to board together so worst case we can literally hand out the wine for each stateroom to carry 2 through, but it seems easier to just pack it all together.

If you all arrive together with all wine packed together, the worst that could happen is being pulled aside to show documentation of four cabins (with a 21+ year old in each cabin). Just as likely they will ask how many cabins and let you go, especially when they see the whole bunch of you.

Two of us once arrived with eight bottles...two solo cabins on each of two back to back cruises. They asked to see the documentation. They could have kept four of the bottles for the second leg of our b2b, but they did not bother.

You may very well be pulled out of line to inspect the cooler. I would carry in the wine in the cooler, then divide it out individually once you go through check in. I like to cause the least amount of attention as possible when checking in and so far as long as there were no more than two bottles of wine in both my and my husband's backpacks, we were waved straight through. One time, though, my husband had odd shaped wine bottles in his backpack and sure enough he was pulled over for an inspection. Not the end of the world, of course, but those bottles were given the once over to make sure they contained the correct amount of wine in them.

Edited by Kmangel

You may very well be pulled out of line to inspect the cooler. I would carry in the wine in the cooler, then divide it out individually once you go through check in. I like to cause the least amount of attention as possible when checking in and so far as long as there were no more than two bottles of wine in both my and my husband's backpacks, we were waved straight through. One time, though, my husband had odd shaped wine bottles in his backpack and sure enough he was pulled over for an inspection. Not the end of the world, of course, but those bottles were given the once over to make sure they contained the correct amount of wine in them.

Thanks. We may play it by ear. We have seven adults but also three small kids. So we will need backpacks and hands free for kid junk.