Limo, Uber, or Taxi from Fort Lauderdale to Miami

Riba

We will be flying into Fort Lauderdale the day before our cruise. Our ship sails from Miami. What is the best way to get from Fort Lauderdale to Miami, and back at the end of the cruise?.

We have the opposite problem as we are flying into Miami and sailing from Port Everglades. I looked at Uber prices and shared van prices for the 3 of us and in the end it was cheaper to rent a car the day we come in, drive to our hotel to stay the night, then drive to the cruise port in the am and drop the car off near there. I am going to have my husband drop my son and I and are luggage at the pier then drop the car off and catch the shuttle back. Was able to book a one way car rental from a big box store for $55. Have to factor in parking at the hotel if applicable but this was still a better deal for us. On the way back we will most likely use Uber or a taxi.

We've used SAS Transportation (shared shuttle) at $15 a person as well a taxi at $85 including tip. UberX says $33.68 while UberXL is $70. We've also used Larry's Limo which we didn't think was worth it over UberXL. After tipping the driver, Larry's was way more than the others although I don't recall the exact price.

http://www.ridesas.com/sasreserve.php

http://www.larryslimo.com/

• Like 1

Uber and lyft is by far the cheapest option, but it can be a little difficult to get service at the Fort Lauderdale airport and order your ride. We were there last week and had to walk around a bit before we could get into the app. It ended up being just about $40

We have the opposite problem as we are flying into Miami and sailing from Port Everglades. I looked at Uber prices and shared van prices for the 3 of us and in the end it was cheaper to rent a car the day we come in, drive to our hotel to stay the night, then drive to the cruise port in the am and drop the car off near there. I am going to have my husband drop my son and I and are luggage at the pier then drop the car off and catch the shuttle back. Was able to book a one way car rental from a big box store for $55. Have to factor in parking at the hotel if applicable but this was still a better deal for us. On the way back we will most likely use Uber or a taxi.

We just had this situation ourselves. We elected to use the on board shuttle option. I think it was 30 bucks. It was fine, quick, and comfortable. My beef was they told us it would leave every hour, 7:30. 8:30 and 9:30. It really only left at nine. I don't like to wait around. I can understand why, it was practically empty.

We will be flying into Fort Lauderdale the day before our cruise. Our ship sails from Miami. What is the best way to get from Fort Lauderdale to Miami, and back at the end of the cruise?.

We've used SAS Transportation (shared shuttle) at $15 a person as well a taxi at $85 including tip. UberX says $33.68 while UberXL is $70. We've also used Larry's Limo which we didn't think was worth it over UberXL. After tipping the driver, Larry's was way more than the others although I don't recall the exact price.

http://www.ridesas.com/sasreserve.php

http://www.larryslimo.com/

Just got a quote back from Larry's Limo because we're doing Celebrity Equinox in October. FLL to Marriott Biscayne Bay (Miami), $88.50 includes airport fee and 20% gratuity. Port of Miami to FLL, $102.00 including 20% gratuity.

We have used SAS multiple times. We’d fly into FLL the day before, take a free hotel shuttle to a Hotel near FLL. SAS would pick us up from hotel the next am and take us to POM. Easy and inexpensive.

When making SAS reservations, I’d confirm that SAS would serve my specific hotel before making a nonrefundable hotel reservation.

At various times we tried one way rental cars; worked OK, but generally seemed like more trouble than SAS. We also stayed in Miami hotels, but generally perfer staying near FLL, especially if late or delayed flight.

After cruise, SAS back to FLL was fast for us. We’d get off ship early and share a shuttle with other early birds.

Of course service can be slower depending on local conditions (traffic snarls and such). Getting to POM on the day of Miami marathon was slower going as traffic crept along; I imagine it was more stressful for those returning cruisers trying to catch a flight.

We used Jiffy Jeff Transportation last year for three transfers for 5 of us. FLL to Miami Hotel. Then from the hotel to POM. From the POM back to FLL. Excellent service both during the booking process and by all 3 drivers on the day of the transfers as to exact times and locations to meet. Highly recommend.

http://www.gojiffyjeff.com/

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

Used Lyft from FLL to Miami (SoBe) 3 week’s ago. Had the Premium 4 passengers 7 bags. Driver informed us that because of road construction he’d have to take a different route. $145 and almost 90 minutes.

Do you know how often they offer the shuttle? Every hour?

SAS, QLS and others will have multiple shuttles running to POM the starting in the morning until early afternoon - pick-up time will depend upon what hotel you are staying at the night before. Most of the shuttle companies list the hotels they pick up at on their web site - do some homework when choosing a hotel and you can avoid a trip back to FLL just to catch your shuttle.

Or skip the shuttle, book Uber or Lyft, and leave when you want. ;)

• Like 1

SAS, QLS and others will have multiple shuttles running to POM the starting in the morning until early afternoon - pick-up time will depend upon what hotel you are staying at the night before. Most of the shuttle companies list the hotels they pick up at on their web site - do some homework when choosing a hotel and you can avoid a trip back to FLL just to catch your shuttle.

Or skip the shuttle, book Uber or Lyft, and leave when you want. ;)

Thanks. We are going from POM to FLL after our cruise. Was thinking of using Uber or Lyft but have never done that before. I wasn't sure how difficult it would be to get one of those cars after the cruise.

Thanks. We are going from POM to FLL after our cruise. Was thinking of using Uber or Lyft but have never done that before. I wasn't sure how difficult it would be to get one of those cars after the cruise.

Easy - typical wait for a car is about 5 min or so. Or you can use one of the shared shuttles again to get you back to FLL from POM for about $15 per person.

If a dinosaur like me can figure out Uber and Lyft (I've just about given up on taxis now), then so can you. Download the app onto your smart phone, set it up with a credit card or PayPal, and you are ready to go. You can watch a couple of You Tube videos which will walk you through the process - or just ask your kids and put up with the eye roll and questions about being born in the stone ages. ;)

I am staying on Seabreeze Blvd, FLL pre and post cruise. I have looked at SAS and QLS both do not pick up from the FLL beach area hotels to POM.

I have never used Uber or Lyft. I was thinking on using either one for transportation on this trip.

Is there a difference in price between the two companies?

Preference of one company over the other?

I will put a credit card down as payment.

Do you tip? Do you tip in cash or is there a space to put it on your credit Card?

Help needed.

I am staying on Seabreeze Blvd, FLL pre and post cruise. I have looked at SAS and QLS both do not pick up from the FLL beach area hotels to POM.

I have never used Uber or Lyft. I was thinking on using either one for transportation on this trip.

Is there a difference in price between the two companies? Usually prices are almost identical

Preference of one company over the other? Whoever can pick me up the quickest

I will put a credit card down as payment. Required - or link to PayPal

Do you tip? I always tip for good service

Do you tip in cash or is there a space to put it on your credit Card? Either cash or add it to your fare in the app when you review the ride/driver (1-5 stars)

Help needed.

Be polite and friendly - the driver will also be rating you.

Several You Tube videos that will walk you through the process - if a dinosaur like me can figure it out so can you. ;)

For those who have used SAS, can you tell me if it accommodates wheelchair or the steps are at least low enough for easy stepping? My son has special needs and uses wheelchair, he can also walk up steps but slowly and I'm wondering if they're accommodating. Otherwise my only other choice would be UberXL (since there are 5 of us).