Is there sushi on the Caribbean Princess?

WAMarathoner

I was on the CB in November 2016 and there was sushi served in Vines, you could watch the chef making it through the glass window at the back of Vines. I'm travelling again in 2 weeks and I hope it's still served.

You can get sushi in Vines ONLY if you buy a drink. And then the sushi is just a pretty small sampler plate, 3 or 4 pieces. If there is sushi in the buffet, expect mostly rolls of average quality. If you do sushi often and are used to good quality - you will not be impressed by whatever they pass for sushi on the ship. BUT... it is VERY subjective as are most food related impressions. I would suggest you go to Vines and watch someone else order the sushi sampler first to see if it is worth the cost of a drink. You pay for the drink, the sushi is free.

• 1 month later...

Grand has been that way for a very long time. I think the last time we sailed on Grand was May of 2014. There was no tapas service as Alfredo's is right next door to Vines. They did go across the way and bring us an assorted cheese plate from IC but we could have easily done that ourselves.

We sailed CB in March and they had tapas but not always sushi. They brought us some other items that were good. My wife says (just asked her) that she definitely noticed some folks in Vines with sushi on a couple of nights we didn't stop in for wine. Perhaps it was alternating nights or perhaps both setups were available but in that case it would be strange that our waiter didn't mention a choice. When we sailed Emerald last October it seemed that the tapas were always sushi.

Grand has been that way for a very long time. I think the last time we sailed on Grand was May of 2014. There was no tapas service as Alfredo's is right next door to Vines. They did go across the way and bring us an assorted cheese plate from IC but we could have easily done that ourselves.

We sailed CB in March and they had tapas but not always sushi. They brought us some other items that were good. My wife says (just asked her) that she definitely noticed some folks in Vines with sushi on a couple of nights we didn't stop in for wine. Perhaps it was alternating nights or perhaps both setups were available but in that case it would be strange that our waiter didn't mention a choice. When we sailed Emerald last October it seemed that the tapas were always sushi.

Alas, on both the Caribbean and Emerald, Alfredo's isn't situated next to Vines, as it is on the Grand and, I believe, the Sapphire. I was told that the arrangement made it difficult/impossible to prepare sushi....

Alas, on both the Caribbean and Emerald, Alfredo's isn't situated next to Vines, as it is on the Grand and, I believe, the Sapphire. I was told that the arrangement made it difficult/impossible to prepare sushi....

Neither Caribbean nor Emerald even has Alfredo's! They both definitely have tapas in Vines and at least part of the time those tapas are sushi. We ate it on Emerald in October and saw it on Caribbean in March. Sapphire definitely does have Alfredo's and it definitely is next to Vines so it's the same situation as Grand.