Pupa & The Princesses: Spring Break Aboard Allure Of The Seas

:') I get it! (And 5 years later I can laugh about it...although my daughter is seriously scarred from the incident and says she never wants to go back to Labadee!)

I can't go back to Labadee without thinking of you guys and that phone!

I'm enjoying your review as I'll be on Allure for the first time this fall.

I also enjoy your professional work especially over the last several weeks. Keep up the good work!

Patti

Patti, thank you so much for watching, and yes the Med Debt series is what I was referring to when I said I had been working long hours just before this trip. It wiped my team and I out, fortunately this trip came at the right time.

Hopefully you saw our big announcement Easter Sunday.... great news there.

You will love allure, she is a great ship, one of our favorites.

Patti, thank you so much for watching, and yes the Med Debt series is what I was referring to when I said I had been working long hours just before this trip. It wiped my team and I out, fortunately this trip came at the right time.

Hopefully you saw our big announcement Easter Sunday.... great news there.

You will love allure, she is a great ship, one of our favorites.

Yes Wayne, I have seen the series over the past few days. Actually I attended Covenant for years and they have always been good to help people in need. It was a scary time when Stephen got hurt but I remember when he walked out on to the platform on his first Sunday back. God is definitely good!

I look forward to Allure and having an Oasis class ship in Galveston would be great! Galveston is a neat place to explore, lots of history and things for the family to do. I drive down a day early and stay with a friend in the Houston area which makes for an easy drive on Sunday morning.

Just think, if you go out of Galveston, you'll have no expenses for flight and hotel and no lost luggage! Also, there's a Buc-ee's halfway to Houston. It's a Texas sized travel stop with wonderful fudge!

Patti

Ok, Fan, I figured it out. And we are in similar biz - I work for a local agency that works with your employer sometimes. Here's a hint - The "popular brand of soup" Agency. ;) We should meet for dinner sometime and discuss business and cruises. LOL

Love your review! Thank you!

This reminds me of when we sailed with my ds on the Explorer (we use to sail EoS while in Florida and also when it was in NJ). Anyway, we have been sailing with my kids since they were 4 and newborn (now 24 and 20). Whenever we cruise, my 20 year old still talks about when we were sailing on the EoS when they were young and would pick them up from OA. My ds would always ask to go to Sorrentos on way back to cabin and we would always bring him. He thought eating at 10 pm - 12 am was the coolest thing at the time and has really great memories of something that we didn't really give too much thought to at the time. I bet your dd loves and remembers she was in bed and her dad took her to JRs "late" at night in her PJs.

Sailing on Allure in August with my now 20 and 24 year old "kids". Dinner together is still mandatory. Especially since they are both still in college/law school so dinners aren't always a given.

Thanks again for the memory!

Seriously? From his posts I get nothing negative from his comments at all about his wife. In fact, it's the complete opposite - it seems to me as if he adores her and thinks highly of her.

This seems like a pet peeve of yours that should be kept between you and your husband, not imposed on another couple who don't seem to have any issues with the nickname at all.

As far as the trip review, I'm loving it and all the photos. Keep it coming!

Yes, Wayne speaks lovingly of his beautiful wife....and he’s writing “my” wife now:)

Love your review, Wayne, and the pics of your beautiful family. Love the story about taking your DD to Johnny rockets in pj’s at 10:00p.m. This is an “event” she will probably always remember:)

Day 7 Happy St. Patrick’s Day

29315059_10216574051687711_160437764607705088_n.jpg

And now that day.

You know it. The last day!

Time to quickly do a few things you never got to do, finally go look at photos in the gallery, and hit up the next cruise dept.

IMG_4336.jpg

For us the last day meant time in the theaters

We hit up the aqua theater for the Dreamworks water show… it’s gotten old hearing it several times over the past 10 years, but the kids don’t seem to mind

They enjoyed it.

IMG_7312.jpg

Then off to Studio B for the Ice Skating Show — which I have to tell you, I’ve been to a ZILLION ice skating shows over the years dating back to when the Voyager class came out. This was my favorite ever. The dancers were super talented, and were doing some moves that hugely impressed. Even the 4-year old was riveted by the jumps and twirls and I believe I caught only one misstep. It was very very impressive even if also a repeat for us.

IMG_1952.jpg

IMG_1393.jpg

Also zipped up to the Adventure Ocean theater where there was a Q&A session for the kids with the captain, cruise director, and hotel director. It was really cool. I’ve been to a million of these but never one for just the kids. My oldest was thrilled and got to take photos with the gentlemen.

IMG_2421.jpg

Dad enjoyed it too I must say.

Day 7 --- St Paddys Day -- Continued

Everyone was sporting their green for St. Paddy’s day — the pub was full all day and decorated well. They also baked two huge cakes and had them sliced and served up in the Royal Promenade.

IMG_2333.jpg

29340377_10216574052967743_265035890600968192_n.jpg

Wife and I ventured to Next Cruise, where we normally buy a certificate to pick our cruise at home with our travel agent but still get the OBC’s you normally get booking onboard, but I guess that went away, as it wasn’t available.

Also, some of the photos we wanted had borders and what not on them. I’ve been on other ships where you can order a reprint without the border, we were told that wasn’t possible on Allure. Which cut down on our photo buying, so I guess that was a good thing!

IMG_5242.jpg

The kids had to go cash in their arcade tickets — play a few more games —— and they did pretty well

IMG_4052.jpg

We had dinner that night at Giovanni’s with our friends, while the kids went to AO. Now, when I say I had an amazing meal here, I can single handedly say it was my best meal of the week. My filet was cooked PERFECTLY, so tender and filled with flavor. I was amazed. Its hands down beat the more costly Chop’s earlier in the cruise.

Try to get here for sure!

IMG_4705.jpg

We packed up for the trip home and had a little farewell gathering —— 8 people in our tiny D1 cabin!!! hahahaha But we had a great time toasting one another, hanging on the balcony and watching the other ships converge around us as everyone made their way back to FLL.

Day 8+ --- The Final Day

IMG_9558.jpg

It’s always so sad to get off — I always say it’s my last morning to wake up and breakfast is cooked and ready, but I never seem to make it up to the windjammer. I’m moving slowly, lingering a bit in the room. My silent protest of not wanting to get off.

I even did that when we did a back to back — it’s weird I know!

IMG_5201.jpg

We waited in the diamond lounge, first time in there, for just a few minutes before our number was called. quiet, comfy and almost no one in there with us.

Check out was a breeze.

IMG_1942.jpg

I didn’t read or get the info about this new mobile app checkout with customs. but our friends who got off ahead of us suggested it. OMG its amazing, do it.

You scan your passport and take you photo and get in a MUCH SHORTER LINE and you’re through customs in less than 10 minutes. I’ve never gotten off a ship in an easier manner.

IMG_8452.jpg

Hopped an über to the airport — in hindsight it was a waste. Even preferred members were having to wait at the counter despite the fact there were plenty of cars.

Anyway we picked up our big ole suv and drove to Hollywood Beach and the Diplomat Hotel/Resort.

IMG_6467.jpg

IMG_5749.jpg

Day 8+ The Final Day -- Continued

Since we were staying an extra day, I didn’t just want to be stuck in an ordinary hotel. Looked for a resort with good pools/activities.

IMG_4300.jpg

Diplomat fit the bill — great pool, even a kids club.

We had a great beachside lunch — but didn’t venture down to the water

IMG_5464.jpg

My wife started feeling icky right before the cruise ended and her cold was ramping up, and I appeared to have got it too, this was a hard day. We rested in the room a while while the kids watched TV.

IMG_1219.jpg

Amazing rooms at the Diplomat — lots of space and a huge TV.

IMG_0412.jpg

One weird thing here and also at the Westin in FLL. The there are plantation style shutters between the bathroom and sleeping area of the hotel room. I’m sorry I don’t wanna know whats going on in the bathroom when others are in there. Not sure I get the appeal but big bit and little bit loved them, thought it was a stage!

IMG_5978.jpg

Down by the pool met many families who came here for the weekend because they liked the hotel and service.

Edited by RCCL Fan
photo error

Day 8+ The Final Day --- Continued

IMG_2499.png

We watched Allure sail out again — off to the Eastern route. --- Then dinner time

IMG_2963.jpg

IMG_9901.jpg

Dinner that night we chose a casual burger place because it came with a free arcade. Which I have to admit I had fun playing pac man and an outrun type game.

Prices were up there, for the quality but it’s South Florida.

IMG_9315.jpg

Headed to bed early as we had a 9am flight the next morning and would need to get gas, and return the car and all that.

Flight home was smooth, and uneventful coasted over Downtown Dallas — and back home!

IMG_8622.jpg

We had a nice week away — I always say you need a vacation from your vacation and that was probably the case this time around too.

It was a bit more work caring for the kids than usual this trip, so less relaxing time for me. But Allure is a wonderful ship, wand an experience everyone should have.

We talked and think we’re going to go back to a smaller ship most likely next time. We love both experiences, alternating between the two is nice.

Happy to answer any questions — provide any insight — or clarify anything.

Thanks for sticking around!

IMG_3683.jpg

Edited by RCCL Fan
photo error

same thing happened to us with the pictures & borders. We definitely would have bought more than 1 if we could have removed the borders. The staff were like well you can just cut it off but why am I going to pay that much for a photo that needs to be altered??

same thing happened to us with the pictures & borders. We definitely would have bought more than 1 if we could have removed the borders. The staff were like well you can just cut it off but why am I going to pay that much for a photo that needs to be altered??

I did have a couple of "wait, what?" moments on this ship.

Things I know for a fact I've previously done on other cruises were not possible this time. This photo thing was one of them. I specifically remember ordering certain photos without borders and having to come back and get them on the last day when they were ready. Crazy thing is my brain tells me it was on Allure last time we sailed her, but maybe it was Oasis. But I know we did it.

When I asked this time they looked at me like I had six heads.

Day 8+ --- The Final Day

IMG_9558.jpg

It’s always so sad to get off — I always say it’s my last morning to wake up and breakfast is cooked and ready, but I never seem to make it up to the windjammer. I’m moving slowly, lingering a bit in the room. My silent protest of not wanting to get off.

I even did that when we did a back to back — it’s weird I know!

IMG_5201.jpg

We waited in the diamond lounge, first time in there, for just a few minutes before our number was called. quiet, comfy and almost no one in there with us.

Check out was a breeze.

IMG_1942.jpg

I didn’t read or get the info about this new mobile app checkout with customs. but our friends who got off ahead of us suggested it. OMG its amazing, do it.

You scan your passport and take you photo and get in a MUCH SHORTER LINE and you’re through customs in less than 10 minutes. I’ve never gotten off a ship in an easier manner.

IMG_8452.jpg

Hopped an über to the airport — in hindsight it was a waste. Even preferred members were having to wait at the counter despite the fact there were plenty of cars.

Anyway we picked up our big ole suv and drove to Hollywood Beach and the Diplomat Hotel/Resort.

IMG_6467.jpg

IMG_5749.jpg

Can you tell me the name of the app? I've used it before but it was a couple of years ago.

It’s called “mobile passport”

We actually downloaded it and scanned everything in the terminal after getting our bags

Super easy.

Some of our friends said it didn’t work for them though.

Just FYI

I added our terminal number to the app when we arrived on Serenade yesterday morning.

Asked where the line was for Mobile Pass when we got into the terminal. Three people ahead of us, several hundred in the other line. Had to show the app to get into the line but after that it was just show our open passports. They didn’t care about the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did have a couple of "wait, what?" moments on this ship.

Things I know for a fact I've previously done on other cruises were not possible this time. This photo thing was one of them. I specifically remember ordering certain photos without borders and having to come back and get them on the last day when they were ready. Crazy thing is my brain tells me it was on Allure last time we sailed her, but maybe it was Oasis. But I know we did it.

When I asked this time they looked at me like I had six heads.

I did this on the oasis, 100% for sure. We really were whining about this on the allure and the staff said it was because of new software, so possible it's a fleetwide change, or possibly they were trying to make us shut up.

I did this on the oasis, 100% for sure. We really were whining about this on the allure and the staff said it was because of new software, so possible it's a fleetwide change, or possibly they were trying to make us shut up.

I was told, "I don't really know, I'm new, but maybe it's because some of the other ships are digital and we're not"

I was thinking, how much more digital can you be? You take a photo and it magically pops up in the photo booth. It's not like you've developing film down there. That new software, is a much more viable answer.